Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 60 reviews
on September 1, 2004
I used to love this show when I was a kid. When I would come home afterschool I used to look forward to watching Good Times it was and still is and always will be one of my favorite television shows. This show included some of the best black actors in the world in my eye; They were: John Amos, Ja'net Dubois, Esther Rolle truly a pioneer one of my idols , T.K. Carson, Johnny Brown, Roscoe Brown, Jimmie Walker, Debbie Allen, Ralph Carter, Bernadette Stanis, Ben Powers, Janet Jackson, Shirley Hemphill, Theodore Wilson, Calvin Lockhart, Rosiland Cash, Lincoln Kilpatrick, Paulene Myers, Phillip Michael Thomas, Hubert Johnson, Helen Martin, Debbi Morgan, Moses Gunn, and many many other great actors. I thank these wonderful actors/actresses because they helped pave the way and made Black Entertainment and Black Talent. I love this show it showed the real world and real lessons that go on in this cruel world. This show made me laugh and made me cry. Everytime I drink kool-aid I think about J.J. and I love the phrase "Dynomite". I love this show it also taught me Black Pride. and when I was a little girl watching them in rerunds I always looked forward to the Black Jesus, Thelma's Wedding and being married, Janet Jackson, and James episodes. I especially love the performances. My favorite performances on this disc is when Wanda needed money to pay her rent ; They had a rent party and Thelma,Wilona, and Florida performed "Stop in the name of Love" and the my favorite "Young and In Love" by Ralph Carter(Stacy Latttisaw's song). I love this show it brings back so many memories it taught a lot of lessons and showing what it like to be black and to be proud of who and what you are and that you can acheive success and that you can eventually get out of the ghetto, black talent, black everything Ilove this show. I thank the person who decided to release this on dvd thank you so much it is worth every dollar I can't wait until they finish the whole series then my GOOD TIMES collection will be complete. I wish that they would do a reunion that would be so wonderful if any Reunion show I would like to see this would be the one..........
on September 8, 2017
As always, Good Times is great. I love every episode. In this season we see just how talented everyone is becuz they had time to settle into their characters. And little Michael sings his butt off!!
on July 19, 2017
This is always a great show to get a couple of laughs in!!! Thanks for reminding of the awesome old comedy shows.
on November 20, 2006

22. Florida The Woman ****

23. The Break-up

24. The Rent Party *****
on June 10, 2014
The Evans' family never had much money or many real "things" of value, but they had each other and that was more than enough. They taught many of us how to make the best of what you have and be thankful for the little things. This show will remain timeless in my heart for the good times of laughter it has brought to my family.
on December 28, 2004
I have the first three seasons of the series and enjoy them thoroughly. To the person who thinks the program is racist, I have one question ... How? I am white and I find absolutely nothing offensive or racist about the program. It deals with poor people carving out an honorable life for themselves. OK the Evans family is black, but the themes could apply to everyone in their economic situation. Race is not the driving point of the program.
on March 6, 2017
Awesome!
on May 4, 2013
I have the entire series. This was one of, if not the first, all African American cast on a t.v. sitcom were we can see families and life as we saw it, reality from an African American perspective. There was somebody in every ones familhy that could relate to the characters. .
on September 23, 2016