Other Sellers on Amazon
The Good Wife: Season 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Besides the 23-episode season, this six-disc set contains quite a few deleted scenes (they get longer as the season progresses) and special features that include on-air promos and a discussion of some of the real-life scandals that caused the writers to ponder the wronged wife's point of view. The hour-and-15-minute-long "Education of Alicia Florrick: Making Season One" features cocreators/writers/executive producers Robert King and Michelle King and executive producer David W. Zucker, along with many of the actors and other important production crew members. They discuss the making of the pilot, location work, casting, costuming, photographic vision, and the show's groundbreaking point of view (they also offer a hint about the focus of the second season). Optional commentaries are available for several episodes and feature Robert King, Michelle King, Zucker, and executive producer Brooke Kennedy. --Tami Horiuchi
Commentary: Robert King/ Charles McDougall
Commentary: Robert King, Michelle King, David Zucker and Brooke Kennedy
Commentary: Christine Baranski/ Josh Charles/ Robert King/ Michelle King
The Education of Alicia Florrick: Making Season One
Aftermath: Real -Life Events
Robert King, Michelle King, David Zucker and Brooke Kennedy
Top Customer Reviews
The series' opening scene involves Peter's wife, Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies, ER), nobly, and humiliatingly, backing up Peter as he announces to the press he is resigning. Then the scene switches to six months in the future. Peter is in jail. Alicia has been forced to downsize from a big house to an apartment, and she's looking for a job. For her entire marriage, Alicia has sacrificed her education and professional talents in favor of supporting her husband's political career and caring for their two children, now young teenagers.Read more ›
1. Julianne Margulies, foremost, plays the "good wife" in perfect pitch. The wife wronged by her successful, ambitious, attractive, but absolutely corrupt husband (the gorgeous Chris Noth) as a fallen, disreputable district attorney, you know, the kind voters love to put back into office. Then there's the sex scandal that horribly embarrasses both his "good wife" and children? What is her reaction to his scandal? How does she cope?
2. Her education as an attorney, no, not just an attorney, but an insightful, resourceful, brilliant attorney, not only gets her a job quickly, but proves she deserves it.
3. Kalinda, the private investigator is the biggest mystery on the show. Just whose side is she on? Just whom has she been intimate with? She represents the ultimate pragmatist, the bottom-liner. She gets my vote as the most mysterious and intriguing of all the characters!
4. Add the mother-in-law, who is helping out while son tries to get out of jail. Viewers eventually discover that she is one of those controlling mothers who push their children onto the success track at any cost.
5. One strand involves the growing attraction between Margulies and her male boss whom she knew in college. Although not the gorgeous, virile type (like her husband), he represents the intelligent, successful, but perpetual bachelor, one to be wary of.
6.Read more ›
This show never ignores its central premise: what is it like being the wife of one of these political figures who gets involved in a lurid sex scandal. Julia Marguiles does a very good job answering that question week in and week out. Chris Noth plays her sex scandal husband. Some viewers know him from SEX AND THE CITY while others know him from LAW & ORDER shows, both the original and CRIMINAL INTENT. He also does a very good job because you never like or trust him. His role is getting meatier as the weeks go on and that is all to the good. I frankly would be tempted to just dump him in her place but she holds on for a variety of reasons, the most compelling being her two teen children who are already deeply conflicted by their father's behavior. He starts out the season in prison and the action steps up when he is allowed to come home under house arrest, with an ankle bracelet. She is left as the main wage earner and she is a very good attorney in her own right. At her firm, she is surrounded by a partner, who is clearly smitten by her, another partner who is the reigning superwoman, and a woman private investigator for the firm, who is fast becoming one of the breakout stars from the series. I think this show is well worth your giving it a try.
Visit my blog with link given on my profile page here or use this phonetically given URL (livingasseniors dot blogspot dot com). Friday's entry will always be weekend entertainment recs from my 5 star Amazon reviews in film, tv, books and music. These are very heavy on buried treasures and hidden gems. My blogspot is published on Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The stories are captivating. I had never watched the series before, so I am glad that it is available from the beginning.Published 2 hours ago by Judy
Thoughtful, compelling role for the lead actress. I love how the suspense builds with each showPublished 6 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Great series. Well written. Great actors. Looking forward to Season 2...Published 13 hours ago by Annie Gump
Great plot, superior acting. Story line seems like it was taken from the Chicago Tribune. I love it.Published 1 day ago by Rebecca Thomas
I just started watching, but this is a good series. Julianne Margules is great, I love her quiet strength.Published 1 day ago by christine rieck