Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 162 reviews(4 star). See all 2,762 reviews
on March 19, 2017
GREAT BOOK! BUT It has regular paper pages and my son is too young not to know to how to not tear them. Just FYI.
on September 11, 2016
This is a very nice story, and I enjoyed reading it with my son. Only four stars for this review though for a couple of reasons:

First, when I sat down to read this book with my son, I found that it had two pairs of pages still bound together at the top right corner. I did not want to get up and get a knife to properly cut the pages apart, so I tried to separate them with my hands and ended up tearing one of the pages a little. Oh well, my fault for being a little lazy, but still a slight quality issue.

Second, and this is mostly the reason for my one-star deduction, I feel that the story could have been better organized so that you would not have to go back and forth between day and night as each truck is discussed. It seems to me that the story could have remained in the day for each truck, then in the late afternoon for each truck, and then in the evening for each truck.

This is just my opinion and maybe some will disagree, but I think the story would flow better with a stabler timeline.
on February 1, 2016
Our son is totally into trucks and vehicles of all types so it's not surprising he loves this book. My only very minor complaint is that the hardcover is huge so it's hard to read with a child on your lap, but this is as I said minor and an observation more than anything. A must have for kids that love construction trucks!
on November 3, 2014
We gave this book as a gift several times and heard back wonderful things from the recipients. My daughter is now really into vehicles of all sorts, so I just got this for her as well, and we read it twice last night. The illustrations are wonderful, and it's well written. It doesn't seem like one of those books that will be annoying to have in the rotation if you have a child who likes to read books over and over and over again like our 19 month old. She also really likes talking about quiet and noisy, so she loved the parts where it says "shh..." and then goodnight to the different construction trucks. We also got Steam Train, Dream Train by the same author, which I think we both liked a bit more if you are deciding between the two.
on April 21, 2015
My toddler boys are into everything that moves. I introduced this book when they were almost 2, but I think I should have introduced them at 18 months. By then they had a vehicles book and knew everything in there, so they could have related to this book. But better late than never. They really like this book - they like all the construction vehicles and I make them act what each vehicle is doing like yawning, how they are sleeping, etc. It is a short and quick book, but covers the top construction vehicles. Perfect bedtime reading. I just with it had more vehicles, 5-6 is nothing and it is done in a minute. They should have had at least 10-12 vehicles.
on September 8, 2012
Colorful pictures and wonderful rhymes bring construction equipment to life for both the reader and the kindergarten listener. Having a father in the construction business and having seen some of the equipment first hand may have helped the 5 year old's attention span, but the vivid illustrations give life and personality to each piece of equipment. Next time I visit I'll have the 3rd grader do the reading and get yet another chance to enjoy the book myself.
on December 14, 2016
I love this story and it is my grandson's favorite book. We have read it over 50 times! I ordered it for a gift and was disappointed that it arrived with a tear on the the front over page. Since it was a Christmas gift I did not return it, but I had to remove the cover that has information in the author and story, it is a shame that this was not discovered BEFORE shipment!
on April 13, 2017
Book is great! Was surprised at how small the truck is but my son loves it and sleeps with it every night!
on September 27, 2013
At times, this can sometimes be a bit wordy and drag, which changes the curve of when a child will most be interested in it. I'm thinking skewed towards much younger, as the drawings would seem to be of declining interest as the child ages, yet the amount and quality of the text is geared for slightly older (or considerably advanced) kids. That aside, the story is good, the cadence seems well-thought out and paced (if you're musically inclined, you can just as easily sing this book, in a variety of styles) and there is much to like about this book, though it is a touch on the pricey side.
on May 21, 2017
The stuffed animal is really small but it's a great size for my toddler to carry around. The books is one of his favorites!