Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,935 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,829 reviews
on March 22, 2017
There's not much that hasn't been said about this timeless book. All I can say is I had never heard of it until my wife got pregnant and I began looking into books for babies/toddlers. This was at the top of my list after researching, and I'm so happy to have purchased it. The art, wording, alternating black and white with color pages, and storyline are wonderful. It engages my son, he loves looking at the bunnies, and it truly is a calming book for everyone before bedtime. This was written over 60 years ago, so it makes you feel a bit like you're in a bygone era. Simplicity, values, family and education are all focused on in this book. We've been reading it weekly for the past 20 months, and will continue to do so for another 40! I highly recommend this book, along with other Margaret Wise Brown books.
on January 6, 2016
I wanted to love this book because the hardcover is my daughter's favorite, but the red balloon on the top of every page is cut off. I'm not sure if it's that way in all of them or just mine, but very disappointing.
review image
on January 10, 2014
I got this for one of my first Christmas's as a grandmother. It just happened to be one of my favorite bedtimes books to read my grandchildren. I sat in a quiet room and recorded it for them, and on the last page ended with saying how much I love them. I bought another copy and decided to have my grandson read it to me as well, so I could record his little three year old voice- he knew the whole book by heart. So, my grandson read "Goodnight Moon" with all of my inflections and closed the book saying how much he loved me ( just like I tell him). Now, he is such a big boy at five, I love to share listening to it together. It is next to my bed, and I know that when he is listening to my voice, I am listening to his, and everybody is enjoying their goodnight book. I have just purchased a princess recordable book that I think my granddaughters will enjoy as much as I enjoy reading it to them! What an absolutely beautiful gift.
on June 24, 2016
Repeating, rhythmic, pleasant sounding text. My husband and I both yawn now as soon as we start reading this! (Conditioning much? ;) ) We LOVE this book. I love that the pages alternate between black and white (grayscale, not high contrast), and full color; I like that the colors are bold, which is developmentally appropriate for newborn eyes. We read this to our daughter from the day she came home from the hospital, she loved it then, and she still loves it. (Though she did go through a phase of a couple of months where she fought bedtime and thus hated this book. Only lasted about two months, from 6 months to 8 months. She is 10 months old now and chooses it for us to read to her at bedtime). Also, I study early childhood education (birth-age 8) and my literacy professor highly recommended this book for reading from newborn onward.
on August 30, 2016
DO NOT BUY IF YOU WANT THE ORIGINAL STORY. It does not tell the complete story, there are 6 pages total and 2 of them have a few random words. Huge disappointment.
on March 19, 2017
My 23 month old son absolutely LOVES this book. I have honest-to-goodness read it over 150 times and he asks for it before bed every night. Well written, very brief sentences/phrases on each page that keep the attention of a toddler and I think he likes the contrast between the very colorful pages and the black and white pages and the rhyming.
on May 20, 2016
This book was delivered with these black marks on the back cover of the book. This was ordered with the intention to give as a gift.
review image
on March 30, 2017
Classic book. Bought it for a gift. Was disappointed it came with a tear in the binding. Disappointed that it was not in brand new condition. It looked like it was read more than once. :(
on December 22, 2016
My favorite kids book! I bought this as a replacement for my sons (he's 16 now but I want it in his collection!).. makes the perfect bedtime story for children of all ages!! Find my review helpful? Please click "helpful". If not, please leave a comment letting me know how I can improve!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon March 28, 2016
This is my son's favorite book. He's autistic and nearly 4 and still hasn't said a word yet. Reading books is hard with him because he's very impatient but this one he loves. I actually made a video out of it set to music that he loves to watch even more! It makes it so we can get through the whole thing. [...]

This is a classic that should be in every family library