Industrial Deals Amazon First Reads Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Goodnight Moon
Format: Board book|Change

on March 22, 2017
There's not much that hasn't been said about this timeless book. All I can say is I had never heard of it until my wife got pregnant and I began looking into books for babies/toddlers. This was at the top of my list after researching, and I'm so happy to have purchased it. The art, wording, alternating black and white with color pages, and storyline are wonderful. It engages my son, he loves looking at the bunnies, and it truly is a calming book for everyone before bedtime. This was written over 60 years ago, so it makes you feel a bit like you're in a bygone era. Simplicity, values, family and education are all focused on in this book. We've been reading it weekly for the past 20 months, and will continue to do so for another 40! I highly recommend this book, along with other Margaret Wise Brown books.
on April 9, 2017
I introduced this to my niece when she was about 15 months old, and she's been hooked from day one. She is now 3 years old. Her Mom and Dad work in the medical field, so she stays with me a lot on the weekends, and we use this book as a part of her bed time routine at our house. We have 3 copies: 1 for our house, 1 for the mini van, and one at her house. It's a great book!
review image
on August 23, 2017
The grandkids love it. I always give as baby gifts with Llama, Llama, Are you my Mama, Press Here by Herve Tuillet, Goodnight Moon (Lap Edition Board Book), Brown Bear Brown Bear What do you see?, There is a Bird on Your Head, I broke my Trunk and We are in a Book, all 3 by Mo Willems, and 2 by James Dean, Pete the Cat I love My White Shoes, and Pete the Cat and his four Groovy Buttons. These make terrific shower gifts that will far outlast any other gift and will instill the love of reading. and bonding. New MOMS read to your infants, expectant Moms, read to your fetuses. They do recognize Mom's voice. Research proves this!.

PS I am doing an EDIT because of comments I read regarding this classic. Please do your research and read about the psychology of this book, its author, Margaret Wise Brown whose biography, The Great Green Room was fascinating, and treat yourself to the DVD of this. Mesmerizing and soothing. By the way, you all missed the fact that the mouse's placement "moves" on each of the "colored" pages. Engage your little ones with, "where is the mouse"? I hope you are encouraged to revisit this book. It will be time well spent and definitely worth it.
on May 10, 2017
I bought this book because it is a classic. My husband loves reading it to our daughter, and she gets excited with the different colors. It's a great bonding experience for them. It's small for her little hands to hold too.
on September 26, 2017
Received promptly and packaged well. My grandchild loves this book. She feels the texture and runs her fingers on the pages as I read.
She sits patiently and listens as I read the story with a soft and comforting tone so she can wind down. It's a fun book with a super soft cover & velcro closure.
Today, she picked the book up and jabbered as if she was reading the book to me. It was beyond adorable. When she was finished reading her book she tossed it on the sofa.
When she came here today I threw my arms in the air and said, "Yay." several times. She did that before she left. It was adorable.
I handed her the book so she could take it home. And she laid her head on my chest. I do know that she was read the book before she was rocked and bottle fed tonight.
Highly recommend.
on November 12, 2017
I understand that this is THE book for children. I don't remember it - I don't think it was around when I needed it. But I've been told that it's ideal for reading slowly and quietly to children at bedtime, to quiet them down for sleep. Yes, I've seen the screeds that dissect the illustrations, but forget all that. This comes in various formats - I've often given the board book version for newborns.

This book is part of the library of classic children's books I give as a welcoming gift for new babies, all wrapped up in a hand-crocheted blankie. Every parent has thanked me for it. So I guess it works.
on August 17, 2017
My favorite early books for babies--I give them as gifts to new parents. I usually just give The Child's Garden of Verses but this gift went to immigrants from Vietnam and I wanted to give their baby a good start in English! I especially love the Brain Wildsmith hardcover version of A Child's Garden of Verse! I have the paperback version for myself, and it's good, but the illustrations in this hardcore version just POP off the page. I may have to indulge myself and get one for my grandkids. In fact, I'll do that now.
on September 15, 2017
I wasn't going to buy this book for my child, assuming it was just another story for children that was popularized for no reason. However, my otherwise boisterous toddler proved that this book was worth it's weight in gold. From the first reading, she sat perfectly still, absorbing every word and picture of the book, and was completely fascinated from beginning to end. So much so, that she insists on me reading it over and over before bedtime, every night now. She seems to find something magic in the story that maybe only children can see. Indeed, this is a very special book. She particularly loves the mouse and the old lady whispering hush. I can't recommend this book enough. It is really amazing the effect it has had on my child!!!
on October 10, 2017
Both my daughters, 10years age difference, loved this book so it only made sense i purchased it in every format available so i have it in digital, interactive and i think i have 2 hard bounds floating around somewhere lol.
awesome book and never gets tired or old and i very HIGHLY recommend getting at least 1 hard bound and the interactive digital for which my 6yr old, when she was a toddler LOVED reading along to with all the interactive games and stories which was very engaging for my toddler and i feel that it made reading the hard bound and digital versions much more enticing for her to read when she was able to read on her own :)
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 30, 2017
Just a great children's classic. Story about a rabbit child that goes to bed and says goodnight to the things he sees in his room. Art work and colors super! New book condition. Sent this book to Rohingya refugee children in Bangladesh for a school for little children. (Many children sleep out under open sky so the moon is the last thing that they see before they fall asleep, like the rabbit does in the story. Identifiable.)