Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,988 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,892 reviews
on March 22, 2017
There's not much that hasn't been said about this timeless book. All I can say is I had never heard of it until my wife got pregnant and I began looking into books for babies/toddlers. This was at the top of my list after researching, and I'm so happy to have purchased it. The art, wording, alternating black and white with color pages, and storyline are wonderful. It engages my son, he loves looking at the bunnies, and it truly is a calming book for everyone before bedtime. This was written over 60 years ago, so it makes you feel a bit like you're in a bygone era. Simplicity, values, family and education are all focused on in this book. We've been reading it weekly for the past 20 months, and will continue to do so for another 40! I highly recommend this book, along with other Margaret Wise Brown books.
on July 22, 2014
I bought this for my grandson's birthday. He will be one in August. I'm sure he will love it as his mother did when she was little and his cousin (who will be two in August) loves her copy. Every young child should have his/her own copy of this wonderful classic. The colored pictures are soothing and the black and white pictures show objects very clearly-making them easier to spot on the colored pages. The rhyme is beautiful and not complicated. My granddaughter, like many children before her, likes to look for the things mentioned in the text. She has decided that she is the little bunny who doesn't want to go to sleep, and I am "the little old Lady whispering 'Hush."'
on June 24, 2016
Repeating, rhythmic, pleasant sounding text. My husband and I both yawn now as soon as we start reading this! (Conditioning much? ;) ) We LOVE this book. I love that the pages alternate between black and white (grayscale, not high contrast), and full color; I like that the colors are bold, which is developmentally appropriate for newborn eyes. We read this to our daughter from the day she came home from the hospital, she loved it then, and she still loves it. (Though she did go through a phase of a couple of months where she fought bedtime and thus hated this book. Only lasted about two months, from 6 months to 8 months. She is 10 months old now and chooses it for us to read to her at bedtime). Also, I study early childhood education (birth-age 8) and my literacy professor highly recommended this book for reading from newborn onward.
on December 22, 2016
My favorite kids book! I bought this as a replacement for my sons (he's 16 now but I want it in his collection!).. makes the perfect bedtime story for children of all ages!! Find my review helpful? Please click "helpful". If not, please leave a comment letting me know how I can improve!
on April 9, 2017
I introduced this to my niece when she was about 15 months old, and she's been hooked from day one. She is now 3 years old. Her Mom and Dad work in the medical field, so she stays with me a lot on the weekends, and we use this book as a part of her bed time routine at our house. We have 3 copies: 1 for our house, 1 for the mini van, and one at her house. It's a great book!
review image
on August 12, 2014
This has to be one of the most read bedtime books in the world. And it is also a starter reader, as children hear it read, and memorize it, and recognize the words on the page/board. A simple story about a little bunny looking around his room and the things in it, and saying good night to each one, with beautiful black and white and color pictures, what more could you want? This was my son's choice for his new cousin's library, "because it will help her when she is sick" (until he was 8, he had strep throat 1-2 times a year, and I read this every time he was tired, and it calmed him down enough so he could sleep a little) I think the little girl will like it at bedtime too.
on May 27, 2017
Got this as a 2nd copy to keep at the Camp, since our 2 year old absolutely loves it! We have the paper page copy here and figured the board pages would do better for travel due to the compact size (about the size of a thick CD case) would be great.
on May 10, 2017
I bought this book because it is a classic. My husband loves reading it to our daughter, and she gets excited with the different colors. It's a great bonding experience for them. It's small for her little hands to hold too.
on May 21, 2017
Just bought a copy for my 25 year old daughter's nightstand. This was her favorite book when she was a little kid and I'd read it to her nightly. I sure wish I could go through all of that again. Sniff.
on May 7, 2017
I read Goodnight Moon to my children when they were young and will now continue the tradition with my grandson! This book is perfect and I love the large size! Great value!