Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift Sets Gifts for Him hggv216 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,760 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
VINE VOICEon November 17, 2011
I raised my three children on Margaret Wise Brown's "Goodnight Moon" - my husband and I can still recite the whole book by heart... I have given it as a gift at more baby showers than I can count - including to my daughter and my daughter-in-law and I have been lucky enough to read it to my grandchildren. Now that we are living hundreds of miles apart from these beloved grandchildren, I rarely have the luxury of reading them "Goodnight Moon" at bedtime, so I thought I would give the recordable books a try. I was very happy with the ease of recording (it helped that this is a short, simple book) and now my babies can have Nana read them a bedtime story whenever they want. I definitely recommend this version as a good addition to a child's library.
on April 27, 2008
Goodnight Moon was a part of my prekindergarten class and is now a part of my 9 month old son's bedtime routine. The CD includes a reading of the story and, in my opinion the best part, the story sung as a lullaby. The lullaby is soft, calm and beautiful with guitar adding to the soothing sound. As a teacher, I used this song to transition to our quiet time and as a mother I play this lullaby while feeding my son his oatmeal bedtime snack. We then say good night to several items in his room before going to sleep. The CD is not over the top or cooky, like many children's songs. It is simply a beautiful lyrical version of one of the best bedtime stories.
on January 6, 2016
I wanted to love this book because the hardcover is my daughter's favorite, but the red balloon on the top of every page is cut off. I'm not sure if it's that way in all of them or just mine, but very disappointing.
review image
on March 26, 2011
I bought this book for my mother to give to my brothers baby. She lives in Florida and he lives in Cali. So being able to record this book so he can hear her voice was very special to her. Also goodnight moon was a childhood favorite of ours. Beautiful book.
on May 9, 2013
I purchased the Cloth book version of this story to give to a best friend who just gave birth to twins. BAD CHOICE. I'm glad I had it shipped to me (so that I could add it to a basket I was making for her) instead of shipping it directly to her.

1) This item is poorly packed. I'm sure Amazon has the best of intentions when it wrapped a piece of cardboard around this for shipping, but the gift box itself arrived badly dented and not in gift-giving shape.

2) I don't know how to put this nicely, so I will just throw it out there: WHERE IN THE HECK DID THE REST OF THE STORY GO?! It has two tiny blurbs and 2 illustrations. That is it. Most of the story isn't even included. Why on Earth did this version cost more than the others when the whole story is not even included? What exactly is the point?

This is going directly BACK to Amazon.

DO NOT BUY THE CLOTH BOOK VERSION OF THIS! I don't ever say this, but if I could give it no stars, I would.
on January 13, 2011
The pictures are cropped on each page which means you don't see the whole picture that you see in the non-board book version.
on May 16, 2013
I thought I was buying the whole book in cloth format, as I had purchased one like that before. This cloth edition has only a few of the pages represented. Also, the coloring is waaaaay off. The "red balloon" is bright orange. It would confuse the heck out of a child learning colors.
VINE VOICEon November 3, 2006
If you could have only one book on the shelf in your baby's room, it should be "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown. After my three children wore out the soft cover, I always purchase the board books. I give this as one of my gifts at every baby shower I attend. Bright colors, simple pictures, an easy storyline for toddlers to understand and words that lend themselves to an easy almost sing-song cadence...it was the last thing my children heard every night before they went to bed and a welcome part of their night time routine.
on April 26, 2004
Goodnight Moon is a classic. It is one of the sweetest and most lovely books you can read to your child at bedtime. I read this book to my children each night, and they loved the book, felt peaceful, safe, as this book brings children a most beautiful story. If you love your children "above the moon and stars, and over the universe" then this is the book to buy and read at bedtime. Deserves 10 Stars!
on June 1, 2007
This little board book and bunny make this package a memory for long time use.

Being a classic "read me a bedtime story", and being the size for a small child to handle, you can't beat Goodnight Moon for infants through kindergarten. Great package!