Truck Season Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Goodnight Moon
Format: Board book|Change

on March 22, 2017
There's not much that hasn't been said about this timeless book. All I can say is I had never heard of it until my wife got pregnant and I began looking into books for babies/toddlers. This was at the top of my list after researching, and I'm so happy to have purchased it. The art, wording, alternating black and white with color pages, and storyline are wonderful. It engages my son, he loves looking at the bunnies, and it truly is a calming book for everyone before bedtime. This was written over 60 years ago, so it makes you feel a bit like you're in a bygone era. Simplicity, values, family and education are all focused on in this book. We've been reading it weekly for the past 20 months, and will continue to do so for another 40! I highly recommend this book, along with other Margaret Wise Brown books.
30 people found this helpful
on April 9, 2017
I introduced this to my niece when she was about 15 months old, and she's been hooked from day one. She is now 3 years old. Her Mom and Dad work in the medical field, so she stays with me a lot on the weekends, and we use this book as a part of her bed time routine at our house. We have 3 copies: 1 for our house, 1 for the mini van, and one at her house. It's a great book!
review image
17 people found this helpful
on August 23, 2017
The grandkids love it. I always give as baby gifts with Llama, Llama, Are you my Mama, Press Here by Herve Tuillet, Goodnight Moon (Lap Edition Board Book), Brown Bear Brown Bear What do you see?, There is a Bird on Your Head, I broke my Trunk and We are in a Book, all 3 by Mo Willems, and 2 by James Dean, Pete the Cat I love My White Shoes, and Pete the Cat and his four Groovy Buttons. These make terrific shower gifts that will far outlast any other gift and will instill the love of reading. and bonding. New MOMS read to your infants, expectant Moms, read to your fetuses. They do recognize Mom's voice. Research proves this!.

PS I am doing an EDIT because of comments I read regarding this classic. Please do your research and read about the psychology of this book, its author, Margaret Wise Brown whose biography, The Great Green Room was fascinating, and treat yourself to the DVD of this. Mesmerizing and soothing. By the way, you all missed the fact that the mouse's placement "moves" on each of the "colored" pages. Engage your little ones with, "where is the mouse"? I hope you are encouraged to revisit this book. It will be time well spent and definitely worth it.
4 people found this helpful
on May 10, 2017
I bought this book because it is a classic. My husband loves reading it to our daughter, and she gets excited with the different colors. It's a great bonding experience for them. It's small for her little hands to hold too.
6 people found this helpful
on September 26, 2017
Received promptly and packaged well. My grandchild loves this book. She feels the texture and runs her fingers on the pages as I read.
She sits patiently and listens as I read the story with a soft and comforting tone so she can wind down. It's a fun book with a super soft cover & velcro closure.
Today, she picked the book up and jabbered as if she was reading the book to me. It was beyond adorable. When she was finished reading her book she tossed it on the sofa.
When she came here today I threw my arms in the air and said, "Yay." several times. She did that before she left. It was adorable.
I handed her the book so she could take it home. And she laid her head on my chest. I do know that she was read the book before she was rocked and bottle fed tonight.
Highly recommend.
One person found this helpful
on November 12, 2017
I understand that this is THE book for children. I don't remember it - I don't think it was around when I needed it. But I've been told that it's ideal for reading slowly and quietly to children at bedtime, to quiet them down for sleep. Yes, I've seen the screeds that dissect the illustrations, but forget all that. This comes in various formats - I've often given the board book version for newborns.

This book is part of the library of classic children's books I give as a welcoming gift for new babies, all wrapped up in a hand-crocheted blankie. Every parent has thanked me for it. So I guess it works.
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 15, 2017
I wasn't going to buy this book for my child, assuming it was just another story for children that was popularized for no reason. However, my otherwise boisterous toddler proved that this book was worth it's weight in gold. From the first reading, she sat perfectly still, absorbing every word and picture of the book, and was completely fascinated from beginning to end. So much so, that she insists on me reading it over and over before bedtime, every night now. She seems to find something magic in the story that maybe only children can see. Indeed, this is a very special book. She particularly loves the mouse and the old lady whispering hush. I can't recommend this book enough. It is really amazing the effect it has had on my child!!!
2 people found this helpful
on May 5, 2018
Bought both hardcover and board book . . . hardcover version came w/outer cover, which was thin & wrinkled, pages weren't glossy (pages also thin, almost see-thru) expected better quality for price . . . board book version binding spine has gap when opening book to turn pages, illustrations and words are tiny. Kept the board book version only because though it would hold up better for 1 yr old, BUT had to order it twice because first one came scratched and top was peeling on front cover. Also, for those not familiar w/story please note that some pages are in black and white ... page where story says goodnight to mouse .. . mouse is really teeny tiny (in both hardcover/board book) ... and towards the end where story line says goodnight to turn off lights, illustrations were really dark and hard to distinguish. Could've, should've been way better.
on August 17, 2017
My favorite early books for babies--I give them as gifts to new parents. I usually just give The Child's Garden of Verses but this gift went to immigrants from Vietnam and I wanted to give their baby a good start in English! I especially love the Brain Wildsmith hardcover version of A Child's Garden of Verse! I have the paperback version for myself, and it's good, but the illustrations in this hardcore version just POP off the page. I may have to indulge myself and get one for my grandkids. In fact, I'll do that now.
2 people found this helpful
on October 17, 2016
SO disappointed!!! While this book is a nice soft book, I do not see how it could be advertised as the regular Goodnight Moon book. It is only 4 pages of the real book. HALF OF THE BOOK IS MISSING!!! It will cost me more time and money to return so now I am just stuck with 3 crumby books. If you love the real Goodnight Moon DO NOT BUY!
11 people found this helpful