Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,958 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,854 reviews
on March 22, 2017
There's not much that hasn't been said about this timeless book. All I can say is I had never heard of it until my wife got pregnant and I began looking into books for babies/toddlers. This was at the top of my list after researching, and I'm so happy to have purchased it. The art, wording, alternating black and white with color pages, and storyline are wonderful. It engages my son, he loves looking at the bunnies, and it truly is a calming book for everyone before bedtime. This was written over 60 years ago, so it makes you feel a bit like you're in a bygone era. Simplicity, values, family and education are all focused on in this book. We've been reading it weekly for the past 20 months, and will continue to do so for another 40! I highly recommend this book, along with other Margaret Wise Brown books.
on June 24, 2016
Repeating, rhythmic, pleasant sounding text. My husband and I both yawn now as soon as we start reading this! (Conditioning much? ;) ) We LOVE this book. I love that the pages alternate between black and white (grayscale, not high contrast), and full color; I like that the colors are bold, which is developmentally appropriate for newborn eyes. We read this to our daughter from the day she came home from the hospital, she loved it then, and she still loves it. (Though she did go through a phase of a couple of months where she fought bedtime and thus hated this book. Only lasted about two months, from 6 months to 8 months. She is 10 months old now and chooses it for us to read to her at bedtime). Also, I study early childhood education (birth-age 8) and my literacy professor highly recommended this book for reading from newborn onward.
on March 19, 2017
My 23 month old son absolutely LOVES this book. I have honest-to-goodness read it over 150 times and he asks for it before bed every night. Well written, very brief sentences/phrases on each page that keep the attention of a toddler and I think he likes the contrast between the very colorful pages and the black and white pages and the rhyming.
on April 9, 2017
I introduced this to my niece when she was about 15 months old, and she's been hooked from day one. She is now 3 years old. Her Mom and Dad work in the medical field, so she stays with me a lot on the weekends, and we use this book as a part of her bed time routine at our house. We have 3 copies: 1 for our house, 1 for the mini van, and one at her house. It's a great book!
review image
on May 20, 2016
This book was delivered with these black marks on the back cover of the book. This was ordered with the intention to give as a gift.
review image
on May 16, 2017
My children loved it. My baby might be 27 but it doesn't change his love for the book due to the memories of the times I read it to him and his older brother and siste. It is a classic. I had to buy it and I'm glad I did. The hard copy disappeared and is probaly toast. Now, with the Kindle version, I'm ready for the grandkids.
on March 30, 2017
Classic book. Bought it for a gift. Was disappointed it came with a tear in the binding. Disappointed that it was not in brand new condition. It looked like it was read more than once. :(
on December 22, 2016
My favorite kids book! I bought this as a replacement for my sons (he's 16 now but I want it in his collection!).. makes the perfect bedtime story for children of all ages!! Find my review helpful? Please click "helpful". If not, please leave a comment letting me know how I can improve!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon March 28, 2016
This is my son's favorite book. He's autistic and nearly 4 and still hasn't said a word yet. Reading books is hard with him because he's very impatient but this one he loves. I actually made a video out of it set to music that he loves to watch even more! It makes it so we can get through the whole thing. [...]

This is a classic that should be in every family library
on April 14, 2017
Bought this classic for a friend's baby shower. Read this every night to my 17 month old (since she was about 5 months old. She never gets tired of it. It's part of our bedtime routine. Did the same with my older two as well, who are 9 & 11 now.