Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Google Analytics Breakthrough: From Zero to Business Impact Hardcover – September 6, 2016
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Inside Flap
Millions of organizations have installed Google Analytics (GA), but a disappointingly small percentage are using GA to gain real understanding, improve user experience, and drive digital ROI. Google Analytics Breakthrough is a single-source, step-by-step guide for building confidence in the fundamentals and the advanced techniques that you need to derive the greatest insight and actionability from this powerful platform.
With critical contributions from leading analytics expertsincluding Brian Clifton, Tim Ash, Bryan and Jeffrey Eisenberg, and Jim Sternethis unique resource distills everything you need to understand your traffic sources, comprehensively measure user behavior, and begin driving long-term digital marketing ROI. As you gain a complete, best-practices foundation in measurement strategy, implementation, reporting, and optimization, Google Analytics Breakthrough will enable you to understand your successes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Initiate and successfully drive analytics adoption throughout your enterprise
- Assess the long-term value of your traffic channels
- Determine which content is generating your best customer engagements
- Learn about BigQuery and Tableau for data integration and visualization
- Incorporate A/B and usability testing into your optimization program
During the course of this in-depth, end-to-end learning experience, you'll sharpen your core competencies, discover hidden functionality, learn to avoid common pitfalls, and develop next-generation implementation and analysis strategies. This highly engaging skill development resource is packed with annotated screen shots, color diagrams, and special callouts to provide clear, informative, and memorable lessons. Each chapter includes key takeaways and practical action steps and exercises for real-world data capture, reporting, and performance improvement.
Whether you're seeking a comprehensive primer or an advanced skill booster, Google Analytics Breakthrough delivers the reliable expertise you need.
From the Back Cover
Gain real proficiency in Google Analytics instrumentation and reporting to drive measurable improvement
"Throughout the decade-plus history of Google Analytics, how people access online information has constantly evolved. We've seen an explosion of new devices, channels, and formats that each introduce new challenges for measuring online behavior. Today, the user journey is increasingly fragmented as people engage with websites and apps on the go and in shorter slices of time. As Google Analytics has grown over the years, we've kept this same focus on understanding and serving customers.
Google Analytics Breakthrough is a comprehensive resource that will help you become a more user-centric marketer, developer, or analyst. You'll develop a framework for how to think strategically about digital analytics and get a nuts-and-bolts understanding of how Google Analytics works. Know which questions to ask and learn how to answer them with deep dives into topics like attribution and goal tracking.
This book is written with its user, you the reader, in mind. Each chapter features insightful illustrations that explain key concepts and recommended next steps that help you get started. You'll also learn from industry experts and leading practitioners as they share their tips and insights. I hope that Google Analytics Breakthrough serves as a useful guide on your journey to better understanding and delighting your customers."
Paul Muret, VP, Display, Video Ads, Analytics, Google
"As one of the founders of Urchin, I have watched the evolution, expansion, and nearly universal adoption of our toolknown since 2005 as Google Analyticswith some amazement and a great deal of pride. Now more than ever, the capabilities of Google Analytics allow you to gain real insights and simply make better, data-driven decisions about your digital properties. Google Analytics Breakthrough provides the core concepts as well as the specific techniques that you'll need to take confident action and drive real performance improvement with Google Analytics."
Brett Crosby, Co-Founder of Urchin/Google Analytics
- Campaign-tag inbound PPC, email, social, banner, and remarketing links to really understand which channels are sending traffic and driving ROI.
- Capture the wide range of important user interactions such as video plays, file downloads, and scrolling that Google Analytics does not measure by default.
- Implement custom dimensions and content groups to make Google Analytics "speak your language" for yourself and stakeholders.
- Configure goals, funnels, and Enhanced E-commerce measurement that map to your KPIs for retail, lead generation, and informational websites and mobile apps.
- Create segments for your audience constituencies to isolate critical performance metrics and amplify trends.
- Measure across multiple domains and subdomains and understand the journeys of logged-in users across devices.
- Integrate with advertising networks and CRM to understand long-term customer value.
- Master Google Tag Manager for basic-to-advanced Google Analytics implementation and deployment workflows.
- Learn a multitude of insider tips, tricks, and key perspectives from the authors and expert contributors in the analytics and optimization industry.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- It has a very detailed explanation of all Analytics' features. I could have never thought that a book about Google Analytics can be that big, but when you read the content, it makes perfect sense. It is just a very thorough presentation of information.
- The language is quite simple. I mean, it can be a little bit technical for the new users, but it a great way to learn. For more experienced users, it is flawless. I truly enjoy the style.
- Presentation. I can see how much effort the authors made to make this book complete. High-quality content is mixed with colorful graphs, tables, and charts, as well as "notes" in prominent blue boxes, "warnings" in red boxes, and "terminology" in orange. There are Guest Spots where experts and field leaders give practical tips and advice. Wait, there is more. Every chapter ends with "Key Takeaways" (i.e. the summary of each chapter) with bold bullet points and a brief description of each one, as well as very practical "Actions and Exercises".
- I bought a hardcover book and the drawback to this option is, of course, the fact that you can't click the links, and there are a few of them in the book. To me, it didn't matter much.
I like reading books related to my professional career; not every book manages to meet the expectations, let alone exceed them. This book did. Not only it is full of relevant information, it is also very well presented and leaves a great impression. I am happy to add it to my collection.
Blastoff Labs Search Marketing
It also points out which section to go for the specifics (but on a more explained way of an Index)