Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now HTL17_gno

on November 26, 2012
Chris has put together a very thorough book on Google+. He does an excellent job of explaining why Google+ is an important social platform and why you should have a presence there. He goes in detail on the nuts and bolts of using the platform and finally puts it all together with strategies on how to promote and market your business. A great read and very helpful
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on February 18, 2013
First, I must admit that I am a Chris Brogan fan and I bought this book to learn about Google + from the guy who writes with clarity and insight. The book isn't just about how to use Google + but also the when to use this app, and what makes it more personal. I use Twitter, Linked In and Facebook, and thought why do I need another media outlet. Chris explains all with contextual examples for "a best practices" mindset. The Google+ circles discussion was instructive as well as building your identity/brand. Keep this book on the shelf for reference.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on January 24, 2013
Whenever I read any books by Chris Brogan I know that withint the first 10 pages, I'm going to take away key points that I can implement immediately. I'm jumping around this book a lot based on what I already know about Google+, and I've noticed an uptick in site traffic and interactions with others. I'd recommend to anyone who wants to build their brand or just use Google+ for an alternative to FB.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on March 29, 2014
This book can be summed up in one sentence. Provide useful content that others will share. DUH... Save your money.
on October 31, 2014
Pretty good, helps to explain this little piece of social media. Not extremely readable but helps clarify the subject if that's your interest.
on September 22, 2015
The title is misleading It is not about Google + Not a bad book but don't let the title mislead you.
on July 26, 2013
This is truly a Google+ Guide that will bring your business to the next level.

Chris Brogan line out some of the principles he has put in place for his very effective Google+ Business strategies. As of today over 120000 people has Chris in their Circles. Which leads to incredible online visibility.

You should time to listen and learn from those that really know how to profit from Google+. In the end of the day ROI is what matters for all of us. And Chris lays out some effective strategies that will help you achieve your goals.
on July 27, 2013
This book provided "some" insight into Google Plus; but on the whole, I thought it was poorly written. It is ambiguous and vague. As a result, the "how to" nuts and bolts were not clearly communicated.
3 helpful votes
on November 18, 2013
Google+ for Business is wonderfully written and features a well organized layout. Chris Brogan is a great writer with a lot of experience in the world of social media. His extended experience with blogs, and practically every social media since the 1980’s, gives him an expert insight on the strengths and weaknesses of using these outlets for business. Through his personal experiences and those of many large company’s marketing executives, Chris illustrates the best known practices and the opportunities that exists for Google+ users.
The 1st chapter does not give much advice on the uses of Google+. Yet it is important to read because Chris introduces his perspective on social media and Google+’s position on it. As Chris puts it, he is “speculating” on the future of social media and Goolge+’s potential in this market. Chris points out that today Google+ isn’t the best or most popular form of social media but its potential is endless. Further, history has shown us that sustaining dominance in this market is difficult and often impossible. Social media outlets are often replaced with newer, better sets that have more to offer the user. Chris’ speculations lead him to conclude that Google+ will be the next big thing. Google+ can do what Twitter and Facebook do, yet better. Google+ features a more complete connection to the human digital social experience than other social media do. I agree with his speculation. Much like Facebook took over MySpace’s popularity because of technical superiority, Google+ will take over Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter alike. Google+ has the capability to do what these companies do, all in one platform. Further, Google+ works much better with the already popular websites of Google search and YouTube, both of which are owned by Google. Needless to say Chris dedicates most of the 1st chapter, and repeatedly throughout the book, to what seems to be defending Google+ and proclaiming its dominance in the future of social media.
The next few chapters explain best practices as told and demonstrated by professional social media users, marketing executives and from Chris’s personal experience. I gained a good understanding of how these individuals use Google+. These where my takeaways from this section of the book: post often, share often, share other people’s posts, share things that are irrelevant to your business but depicts your or your company’s personality, and don’t overwhelm your followers with sales and business ads. I tested these tactics on my personal social media pages and was surprised as to how quickly my friends responded to my actions. Within weeks my pages began to light up with activity and it was because of the practical strategies described in this book.
The rest of the book illustrates the ways in which the user can get the most out of the tools Google+ provides. This part I found very useful. Chris doesn’t just take you through a dry step-by-step instructional demonstration; rather he uses real life examples and explains in detail why it’s best to do certain activities in a certain way.
Once again, I would like to point out that this book was very well written and organized with lots of examples and real life applications. I would recommend this book to anyone looking to make the transition from other social media to Google+, or to anyone looking to use social media for business. I personally gained confidence in using Google+ as a business tool after reading Google+ for Business.
on December 26, 2013
After the excellent Guy Kawasaki's What the plus! book, this book has lost some of its previous luster. However, the two are different books written for different audience. If I have to choose one, I'd choose Guy Kawasaki's. For those of you who wants to go deeper into the marketing/sharing aspect of it, this book is a great way to help you chart your course toward different marketing aspect.

The book is written as a collection of "best practices" of established professionals. So, for those of you who wondered, "Okay, now that I have a good Google+ presence, what do I do next?", this book presents the various ways different professionals activities regarding this social network.

Google+ isn't a blog, but more like an improved version of Twitter. Chris made that distinction, and it's a good one. Things like "friendsurfing" is described in details. This is marketing issues, pure and simple. How to gain friends and benefit both you and them is the main thrust here. The secondary aim is how to get as many people to circle you!

There are practical advice on how to build your audience, selling, marketing and presenting your goods. How to provide values to your customers and keep them. These are really good treatment of the subject. It's a bit light, but most of the materials there are the basic fundamental principles of the subject.

I'm glad I have this book. This will allow me to progress rapidly to fully utilize the power of Google+.