Google OEM Daydream View - VR Headset (Slate)
|You Save:||$15.06 (25%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Don't just see the world, experience it. With daydream view, you can teleport from virtually anywhere to Pretty much everywhere.;Handy Storage
- Browse from an ever-growing Collection of apps and games in the daydream app - a home for all of your virtual reality experiences.
- You can always get the best seat in the house with daydream view. Experience concerts, sports and more in full 360 degree panoramic view.
- The daydream view controller transforms with your imagination. Go from the sidelines to the center of action. Feel the adrenaline Rush as you speed down the racetrack.
- Daydream View’s lightweight, durable headset is made from soft, breathable fabric to help you stay comfortable longer. Compatibility: DAYDREAM-READY Phones
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Simple, High-Quality Virtual Reality
Daydream View is a headset and controller that lets you experience high-quality, immersive virtual reality (VR). Simply place your Daydream-ready phone into the headset to get started.
A World of Experiences
Browse from an ever-growing collection of apps and games in the Daydream app - a home for all of your virtual reality experiences.
Next Stop: Everywhere
Don't just see the world, experience it. Swim with a school of dolphins, take in the full majesty of the Taj Mahal, stand at the edge of a volcano - even explore the world's most famous paintings in a virtual museum. With Daydream View, you can teleport from virtually anywhere to pretty much everywhere.
Get in the Game
The Daydream View controller transforms with your imagination. Go from the sidelines to the center of action. Feel the adrenaline rush as you speed down the racetrack. Bowl a strike with a swing of your arm. Cast a spell with your own magic wand.
Designed for Comfort
Daydream View's lightweight, durable headset is made from soft, breathable fabric to help you stay comfortable longer. And, with a hand-washable facepad, you'll be able to keep the headset fresh and clean to share with your friends.
Compare with similar items
Google OEM Daydream View - VR Headset (Slate)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After reading the reviews. I feel like there's a few things that should help avoid a lot of issues. If you can purchase new, this will ease any possibility of missing items. It does come with instructions, a small booklet that inside the side of the headset insert.
I got this because I wanted to know if I liked vr enough to purchase a full on headset. If I use this for the next few months, I plan too.
Keep reminding myself that this is a phone, not a dedicated vr headset. That said, it's fun to play with. First use I did actually just watch a bunch of vr movie trailers, the IT one is quite amusing. The google expeditions are quite interesting.
The headset itself is comfortable. My biggest issue is, I guess my head size is weird. It won't stay tight enough? I usually end up laying down, so the headset can sit better in place. It does have some blur, and not quite as clear as I'd like. Again, this is just a phone thing. At first I thought it was a phone protector screen, and ripped that off. Cleaned my screen, and it's just the compability of a phone vr.
Going into space and seeing the nebula and auroras was an experience. Family members have been giving it a go and seem to enjoy it.
That said, if you do get a lot of use out of this, you might want to invest into an actual vr system. For the price you get what you'd expect, it's a still a phone. It does drain your battery like crazy. And some apps just won't work because it requires an actual headset with a mic.
1) No focus. You need to move the strap up and down on your head to focus. This forces me to wear my glasses while the headset is sitting on my cheekbones just to get a good clear picture.
2) No VR browsing. Seriously, this is silly. You can download other browsers, but you can't VR with Chrome. On top of that, you can't go to Youtube and watch a VR video, you need to download Youtube VR app. Everything basically has to be done thru special apps. You would think Google would put a little more integration into it, but they haven't.
3) Speaking of the remote, it's just OK. I would like something a bigger (you will get hand cramps trying to play VR games with it) and with more buttons (it has basically 1 large use for everything button).
Overall, find the cheapest headset with a remote and buy that instead.