Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 25, 2016
I very rarely, if ever spend the time to write a review of a product, however after using this router, I felt I had to give you my two cents worth. Very simply put, this router just works. It took me all of literally 4-5 mins to get it up and running and connected to all my devices (9). I live in a modest two story house, roughly 2000 sq ft. My router is located on the bottom floor on one side of the house and my mancave (where I watch most of my tv via roku streaming stick) is on the top floor on the opposite side of the house. I had an Asus A66u router before this that was not allowing me to get a full sharp picture a majority of the time...especially at peak times (6-10p) when traffic is heaviest. I have Comcast by the way...150mb down, 12mb up. In the mancave with my old router I was getting maybe 20-25mb download at off peak times and maybe 8-10 during peak traffic. I now get roughly 55-60mb download at off peak and around 25 mb download at peak times...plenty fast for full sharp streaming. Keep in mind, I do have a baby monitor that does effect my streaming.

Now, I bought the router without doing much research on other routers and started feeling buyers remorse after reading about a certain D-Link router that people were raving about (ac1900 to be specific), so I ordered that to compare, figuring I would just return whichever was slower and didn't meet my needs. Long story short, the OnHub kicked the D-Links butt. I won't get in to exact numbers, but I will say that the OnHub almost doubled the D-Links speeds in my mancave. So back to Amazon the DL goes...haha

I'm sure for the power user, the OnHub may not suffice, as it doesn't have a ton of manual controls within the mobile app, however for the "average" user who just connects their router to their modem and runs multiple wifi devices around the house...the OnHub is the router to get. You can set priorities with certain devices to make sure they get top speeds at certain assigned times...very nice in the evening when the wife is using her phone or tablet but I want to stream my roku upstairs. Just give my tv priority for a set amount of time and no slowdowns for me :)

Don't waste your time testing other routers...I've done it and this comes out on top. Just put your order in and enjoy!
22 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2017
Do not face the perils of the internet without the mighty engineers and programmers of Google at your side! My home network was getting clobbered by malware, including what appeared to be a DNS-server redirection virus that was impossible to eradicate and making my life miserable. Now consider this: I hold an advanced degree in electrical engineering from a top-5 science university and I worked as a programmer at Bell Labs for 6 years before switching to life sciences. In other words, I ain't as stupid as I seem. Now consider this: in Russia, brilliant mathematicians are devising new forms of malware as we chit-chat here. Do you want to deal with that threat on your own, or would you rather delegate that worry to the army of top young technical talent employed by Google, who are continually updating the defenses of this device, and downloading new patches and fixes? For me, the choice was clear, and my new OnHub works beautifully. Full disclosure: several years ago, I bought a dozen shares of "overpriced" Google stock, which I have held ever since. Thank you, Google! But I would turn on them if they ever disappoint me, so watch this space. And, I am not the least bit worried about my privacy with an all-Google network, because while it is true that every facet of my soul would be an open book to Google employees, who could probably violate my privacy if they really wanted to, I will own a heck of a lot more of Google if I ever find out they did! So, I don't worry about that. I know this is not really a review of the product, it is a rationale for buying it. Read the reviews, then decide what to do. Let me know if you find a better solution this inexpensive.
on October 11, 2017
I purchased this google wifi. It came packaged okay but had the only (not very detailed) instructions on the box lid. I am not very technology savvy but had it up and running in less than 30 minutes.
It is compatible with 3.0 DOCSIS at least at the time of this review. I paired it with a separate modem to use with my comcast/xfinity cable company account.
5 stars overall
-1 star for no step by step instructions and if you want to do more with a router than just a basic router, it is limited to a degree.
on November 15, 2016
So far this router have been amazing for us. We were having connectivity problems with our old router and wanted something "smart" and this is definitely it. It's a bit pricey for a router but it's fabulous and I would recommend it.
on May 24, 2016
I ordered this for a restaurant POS system to extend the range of our ipad ordering system. I needed to reach approximately 200 ft from the base station and the POS wireless couldn't handle that. They recommended the TP-LINK OnHub.

It was incredibly easy to setup - I did it in less than 5 minutes. Initially, I set it next to the POS router to see how it performed. I figured I would move it closer to the patio if necessary. Well it did so well that I won't need to move it.

I'm very impressed. And may order another for my home.
on May 9, 2017
Found it very easy to set-up. Kids now have full coverage in the house. Haven't been kicked off since installing.
on October 21, 2017
I have an IT background and this is more meant for those that do not understand networking in my opinion, but all in all it is a damn good product and pretty much plug and play. For those of us that are used to tweaking everything for ourselves this really is not the product.
Nice app for checking your network from your cell and having the ability to kick a device or ip remotely is kind of neat.
on November 12, 2015
My Internet immediately was faster. The optimization of our network was very obvious. Highly recommend.
on July 4, 2016
The OnHub provides excellent coverage in my mother's long and narrow manufactured home. I replaced a top-rated Netgear router that was a new model, and fast, but just could not reach from one end to the other of my mother's long home, where the signal had to pass through seven walls. I was skeptical, but the OnHub performs very well in my my mother's tricky coverage environment.
on October 1, 2016
The best, spectacularly easy to work with router. Amazing 13-antenna array allowed me to eliminate two additional range extenders in my house. The app that controls it is super-simple. Updates happen automatically, so your Wi-Fi stays secure and up-to-date with the latest features. Works with IFTT and now the Phillips HUE lights. Pretty soon, this will be your gateway to everything Google Home (and Cast-enabled devices) will bring.