Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
Google WiFi system, 1-Pack - Router replacement for whole home coverage
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A new type of connected system that replaces your router for seamless Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home, helping eliminate dead zones and buffering
- Network Assist technology keeps your connection fast by always selecting the clearest channel and fastest band for your devices ; WiFi throughput: 1200 Mpbs
- A simple app gets you set up quickly and allows you to see what's connected, prioritize devices, and pause the Wi-Fi on kids' devices
- A single Wi-Fi point covers up to 1,500 sq. ft., a set of three covers homes up to 4,500 sq. ft. Wi-Fi points work together so you can add more if you need additional coverage
- 24/7 phone support from Google; 1-year warranty
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Attic to basement connectivity
Enjoy a fast signal in every room, on every device thanks to a new type of connected system.
Keeps itself fast with Network Assist
Advanced software works in the background to manage your network so you never have to. Network Assist always selects the clearest channel and fastest band for your devices.
A simple way to control what matters
Through the companion app, it’s easy to share your password with guests, prioritize devices on your network, see what’s connected, and more.
Family Wi-Fi controls
Google Wifi allows you to pause the Wi-Fi on kids’ devices, like during bedtime or dinnertime.
How many Google Wifi points do you need?
One: Small home or apartment
500-1500 square feet.
Two: Medium home
1500-3000 square feet.
Three: Large home
3000-4500 square feet.
AC1200 2x2 Wave 2 Wi-Fi
Expandable mesh Wi-Fi.
2 Gigabit Ethernet ports per point
WAN and LAN on primary Wifi point.
Both act as LAN ports on additional Wifi points.
Simultaneous dual-band Wifi (2.4GHz / 5GHz)
Supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac.
Required for setup
- Google account
- Android device (4.0+) or iOS device (iOS 8+)
- Google Wifi app
- Broadband Internet connection
Compare with similar items
TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (3-Pack) - Replace WiFi Router and Range Extenders, Simple Setup, Works with Amazon Alexa, Up to 5,500 sq. ft. Coverage (M5)
Milo Wifi System (2-Pack) - Whole Home Distributed Wifi, BaseLink Network Technology, Hybrid Mesh Technology, Increase Wifi Coverage Area up to 2,500 Sq. Ft.
NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 Business Mesh WiFi System, 2-Pack, Wireless Access Point (SRK60)
Limited Edition Black AirBase - Wall/Ceiling Mount for Apple AirPort Extreme & Time Capsule [FREE Polycarbonate Security Cap!]
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Milo Wifi||Amazon.com||Giros Design|
|Connectivity Technology||2x2 802.11ac Wave 2 + BLE||—||Wireless||wireless||Wireless|
|Item Dimensions||4.17 x 4.17 x 2.7 in||4.72 x 4.72 x 1.34 in||14.5 x 9 x 4 in||3.3 x 6.8 x 9.7 in||4.5 x 4.5 x 4.5 in|
|Item Weight||0.74 lb||4 lbs||3.42 lbs||2.06 lbs||5.1 ounces|
|Wireless Compatibility||2.4 GHz Radio Frequency, 5 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac||2.4 GHz Radio Frequency, 5 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac||2.4 GHz Radio Frequency, 5.8 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/b/g/n||801.11 AC||—|
Enjoy a fast signal in every room, on every device. Google Wi-Fi is a new type of connected system that replaces your router for seamless coverage throughout your home.
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
People have complained about loss of flexibity and tweaking since they have to use their phone to configure the google network. I have no issues with doing anything I did prior to using this. I work from home and connect to my employer via VPN with no issues. I can view network traffic, turn off internet for the kids and see how many devices are connected at the click of a button on my phone. No longing into the router from my desktop or my phones tiny browser. When you walk from one level to the next, I can see which google router I am connected to. It automatically switches to the closest one as advertised.
Tips and advice:
1. To get full WiFi speed, make sure your device (PC, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.) has both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bands. If you don't you'll be stuck at around 30 Mbps to 70 Mbps.
2. A SINGLE Google WiFi covers 1500 ft. Make sure you're within that range, or get more to create a mesh network so you fall within WiFi range. My home was 1300 ft. so I only needed one.
3. The Google WiFi router only has two ethernet ports, one of which is used to connect to the modem. If you need more wired ports, buy an ethernet switch and connect the router to the switch.
4. When WiFi first connects, it will likely connect you to the 2.4 Ghz band. Don't freak out. If you have a 5 Ghz band and the signal is good, it will connect you within 24 hours. It connected me to 2.4 Ghz band the first time I connected for a long while, but the next day when I started my PC again, it was now using the 5 Ghz band.
Adding the wifi points to the OnHub router allows you to create a mesh network that covers your entire house while allowing your laptops, smartphones, tablets, and other devices to seamlessly switch between the closest access point with the best signal. Google OnHub and Google WiFi points use technology called Network Assist to provide the fastest possible speed. Behind the scenes, Network Assist automatically helps to avoid Wi-Fi congestion, and transitions devices to the closest Wifi point for the best signal.
The network is then controlled through the Google Wifi app. Use it to share the Wi-Fi password, see what devices are online, and prioritize them for better performance. It also has Google Wifi’s family control which allows devices on the network to be paused. The Google OnHub and Google WiFi points work together to create a strong, dependable wifi network for you and your family.
The attached video from our YouTube channel -Smart Home Tech- shows the step by step setup process and some speed tests.
Installation couldn't have been easier. Just install the app on your smart phone and follow the easy directions. I had it up and running in less than 10 minutes with zero problems. The app has many cool features, like being able to pause the Internet to certain devises and check the system performance in each room. The system is a little pricy, but worth every penny and more.