|Wireless Type||2.4 GHz Radio Frequency, 5 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac|
Google Wifi system (set of 3) - Router replacement for whole home coverage
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A new type of connected system for seamless Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home, helping eliminate dead zones and buffering
- Replaces your current router, and works your modem and internet service. It’s compatible with major internet service providers including Comcast, Time Warner, and Verizon Fios
- A single Wifi point covers up to 1,500 sq. ft, a set of three covers homes up to 4,500 sq. ft. Wifi points work together so you can add more if you need additional coverage
- Network Assist technology keeps your connection fast by always selecting the clearest channel and fastest band for your devices
- A simple app gets you set up quickly and allows you to see what’s connected, prioritize devices, and pause the Wi-Fi on kids’ devices.Family controls allow you to pause the WiFi on kids' devices, like during
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Attic to basement connectivity
Enjoy a fast signal in every room, on every device thanks to a new type of connected system.
Keeps itself fast with Network Assist
Advanced software works in the background to manage your network so you never have to. Network Assist always selects the clearest channel and fastest band for your devices.
A simple way to control what matters
Through the companion app, it’s easy to share your password with guests, prioritize devices on your network, see what’s connected, and more.
Family Wi-Fi controls
Google Wifi allows you to pause the Wi-Fi on kids’ devices, like during bedtime or dinnertime.
How many Google Wifi points do you need?
One: Small home or apartment
500-1500 square feet.
Two: Medium home
1500-3000 square feet.
Three: Large home
3000-4500 square feet.
AC1200 2x2 Wave 2 Wi-Fi
Expandable mesh Wi-Fi.
2 Gigabit Ethernet ports per point
WAN and LAN on primary Wifi point.
Both act as LAN ports on additional Wifi points.
Simultaneous dual-band Wifi (2.4GHz / 5GHz)
Supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac.
Required for setup
- Google account
- Android device (4.0+) or iOS device (iOS 8+)
- Google Wifi app
- Broadband Internet connection
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||One Way Deals|
|Connectivity Technology||WiFi^Wired||Tri-band WiFi||wireless||Wireless||wi-fi||WiFi|
|Data Transfer Rate||1,200 MB per second||3,000 Mb per second||1,900 Mb per second||2,200 MB per second||1,300 Mb per second||1,700 Mb per second|
|Item Dimensions||4.17 x 4.17 x 2.7 in||3.1 x 6.7 x 8.89 in||4.6 x 4.1 x 7.5 in||9.3 x 3.1 x 7.3 in||4.72 x 4.72 x 1.34 in||1.24 x 4.78 x 4.78 in|
|Item Weight||0.74 lb||3.92 lbs||1.9 lbs||1.08 lbs||4 lbs||0.53 lb|
|Total LAN Ports||—||7||—||6||6||6|
|Wireless Compatibility||2.4 GHz Radio Frequency, 5 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac||802.11bgn, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/g/n/ac||802.11 A/C||2.4 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11bgn, 5 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 b/n/ac||2.4 GHz Radio Frequency, 5 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac||802.11abg, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/b/g/n|
Enjoy a fast signal in every room, on every device. Google Wi-Fi is a new type of connected system that replaces your router for seamless coverage throughout your home.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Tips and advice:
1. To get full WiFi speed, make sure your device (PC, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.) has both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bands. If you don't you'll be stuck at around 30 Mbps to 70 Mbps.
2. A SINGLE Google WiFi covers 1500 ft. Make sure you're within that range, or get more to create a mesh network so you fall within WiFi range. My home was 1300 ft. so I only needed one.
3. The Google WiFi router only has two ethernet ports, one of which is used to connect to the modem. If you need more wired ports, buy an ethernet switch and connect the router to the switch.
4. When WiFi first connects, it will likely connect you to the 2.4 Ghz band. Don't freak out. If you have a 5 Ghz band and the signal is good, it will connect you within 24 hours. It connected me to 2.4 Ghz band the first time I connected for a long while, but the next day when I started my PC again, it was now using the 5 Ghz band.
Adding the wifi points to the OnHub router allows you to create a mesh network that covers your entire house while allowing your laptops, smartphones, tablets, and other devices to seamlessly switch between the closest access point with the best signal. Google OnHub and Google WiFi points use technology called Network Assist to provide the fastest possible speed. Behind the scenes, Network Assist automatically helps to avoid Wi-Fi congestion, and transitions devices to the closest Wifi point for the best signal.
The network is then controlled through the Google Wifi app. Use it to share the Wi-Fi password, see what devices are online, and prioritize them for better performance. It also has Google Wifi’s family control which allows devices on the network to be paused. The Google OnHub and Google WiFi points work together to create a strong, dependable wifi network for you and your family.
The attached video from our YouTube channel -Smart Home Tech- shows the step by step setup process and some speed tests.
People have complained about loss of flexibity and tweaking since they have to use their phone to configure the google network. I have no issues with doing anything I did prior to using this. I work from home and connect to my employer via VPN with no issues. I can view network traffic, turn off internet for the kids and see how many devices are connected at the click of a button on my phone. No longing into the router from my desktop or my phones tiny browser. When you walk from one level to the next, I can see which google router I am connected to. It automatically switches to the closest one as advertised.
Most recent customer reviews
Appears to randomly stop connecting to internet. This seems to plague android devices mainly.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers also shopped for
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.