Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Goosebumps Retro Scream Collection: Limited Edition Tin Paperback – October 27, 2015
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
- Grade level : 3 - 7
- Item Weight : 2.01 pounds
- ISBN-10 : 0545847303
- ISBN-13 : 978-0545847308
- Dimensions : 5.8 x 1.8 x 8 inches
- Publisher : Scholastic Inc.; Box edition (October 27, 2015)
- Reading level : 8 - 12 years
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #8,357 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Only a few complaints:
- The cover titles are flat instead of the raised texture on the original prints. One of the best things about the originals was the bumpy cover!
- The books no longer have the numbers on the side, though I can understand how this might confuse people today. It just won't add perfectly into a collection of the original 62 numbered books, if that's your intention.
- I noticed some small changes to the writing itself in Welcome to Dead House. The birth and death years found on tombstones were changed to be 16 years later than the original book. Knowing the book was first printed in the 90s made it odd to read a death year of 2004. Maybe this helps new young readers but I didn't like the idea that the original text was altered.
The tin is your typical collector's tin with a removable lid. The logo and ooze on the lid are embossed. The underside of the tin has a cool black background with a G formed in splattered green ooze. Overall, it looks great and adds a little something to the experience. The original 1990's covers are intact but the raised lettering on the Goosebumps logo is not here. Not a big deal. There are sneak peeks at newer Goosebumps releases in the back of each book. As for the stories: All of the books included here were among my favorites and seemed to be popular with my friends too.
The only fault that I can think of is a minor one: The book numbers on the original 90's releases were important for completing your collection. Unfortunately, the book numbers are nowhere to be found here. However, I've compiled the original information for the curious:
1 - Welcome to Dead House (July 1992)
4 - Say Cheese and Die! (Nov. 1992)
7 - Night of the Living Dummy (May 1993)
11 - The Haunted Mask (Sept. 1993)
16 - One Day at HorrorLand (Feb. 1994)
This should please collectors, and newcomers are in for a treat!
BEST SPOOKY KIDS BOOKS EVER!!
Thanks so much R.L. Stine,
One VERY satisfied mom and two VERY satisfied kids!
Top reviews from other countries
The tin is also very handy because it’s great for storage. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is a goosebumps fan! Every book in it is also excellent and very enjoyable to read.
Excellent price and overall, it is so worth it! It is also a great collector’s item too!
Let me know if this was helpful in any way.