Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food: More Than 100 Delicious, Super-Fast, and Easy Recipes
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on March 24, 2013
There are number of easy recipes in here that have proven to be exceptionally delicious. The kinds of ingredients that are called for on occasion are completely foreign to me. I don't know what panch phora is, and, due to watching South Park, I giggle when I read the word creme fraiche. Other than that, the book calls for a lot of fish. There are a lot of fish recipes with very little of any other meats. If you are looking for beef recipes, this probably isn't the book for you (unless you are creative and bold with your dishes).

The book also seems to emphasize a straight and simple approach. There are a few recipes with a laundry list of ingredients, but, for the most part, the recipes are short, to the point, and pretty tasty. I could definitely see a number of people much better at cooking than I being able to use these recipes as a base for something even better. For the casual cook (like me), it is an easy way to improve your home menu and branch off on one's own creative endeavors. There are not of number of recipes that I do use, but the ones that I have made are great. I don't use half the book, because squid and fish are not my go to foods. In the back, you will find a number of great basic recipes for chicken stock, mayonnaise, and other common ingredients to make yourself.
on February 25, 2013
We're really enjoying this cookbook. It's organized well, every dish has a full color photograph, and every dish is uncomplicated enough that after a couple times making it, you don't need to go back to the recipe. The recipes are diverse - everything from ethnic meals to sandwiches. We do have to plan ahead and make a trip to the grocery store because there's usually one ingredient that I don't keep in my pantry, and some recipes we've had to make small substitutions (mostly the type of fish we used because we don't have the selection locally), but every dish we've made so far has tasted like food we get out at a nice restaurant without requiring hours in the kitchen. Because the recipes don't require a lot of ingredients or complicated techniques, it's easy to tweak the recipes to add a little more of this or a little less of that to suit your taste.
22 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2013
Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food is a book that delivers everything it promises, specifically "More than 100 delicious, super-fast, and easy recipes." There is nothing wrong with any of the recipies. I have tried several since I purchased the book and I have not had a single fail yet. What's really amazing is that the dishes take literally 15-20 minutes to prepare, 3-5 steps to make, and taste like something I would order at a restaurant. Ramsay includes meal plans of a main dish, side, and dessert along with a step by step guide that tells you in what order you can prepare the meal (as in while the sauce is simmering, prepare the vegetables for baking). The meal is satisfying and usually pretty health as well. You won't find deep frying or tons of butter in this book, but you will find spices and cooking techniques that are simple as well as delicious.

The main criticism that most people have with the Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food is the exotic ingredients, but those ingredients are easier to find than you might think. Of course you won't find a duck egg in Wal Mart, and I understand that not everyone has access to While Foods, but everyone else can't limit themselves to chicken breast and ground beef. I'm surprised by how easy it is to get what I previously thought was an "exotic" ingredient like bamboo shoots or curry paste. Even if I can't find it in my local grocery store or farmer's market, there's a quick substitute or I can just skip whatever I can't readily find in the supermarket that day. The point of the wide variety is that I can have a different protein or side every night of the week and never get bored, and it doesn't take anymore effort than mundane food.

There are some drawbacks. The worst is the layout. The pages have the feel of color blocking -- a bright color with large white or black blocky script, usually with a close-up picture of the food next to the recipe text. Peppered throughout is, for lack of a better term, Gordanisms like "However amazing a dish looks, it is always the tast that lingers in your memory. Family and friends will appreciate a meal that tastes superb -- even if you've brough the pan to the table." Its just stuck in there randomly, which would work for a coffee table book, but this is a cook book. If you have actual advice to give, put it somewhere that I can find it and consider it. The color blocking layout is hard to red and sometimes interfers with the point of the book. To vary the layout of the pages, some recipes lack an ingredients list on the side of the recipe, which is essential when you're running out the door and need to quickly look up what you need from the farmer's market. The script itself is often hard to read, especially the Table of Contents. If you concentrate, you can figure it out, but I shouldn't have to concentrate on anything but getting a good, healthy meal on the table.

I would recommend the book to anyone looking to spice up their meals without a huge commitment of time or money.
55 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2012
There are a wide variety of recipes in this book that are not only delicious, but easy to make. I find that a lot of cookbooks dictate complicated directions, but this one is so simple to follow. The recipes that I have cooked from this book received rave reviews from the company that I have served them to and I would recommend it to kitchen novices as well as seasoned pros. I love this cookbook!
on August 6, 2013
Got the book today as I'm an avid follower of Ramsey. He got me hooked on his character and cooking when I first watched Hell's Kitchen back in 2006.

The cookbook is full of color, pictures, and really simple instructions to follow which I am pleased about. No question it doesn't take long to prepare and cook as well which rings true to the title, Fast Food.

However...I feel as if I had bought a seafood cookbook. Just about every other page (minus the dessert section) had fish, clams, or shrimp as the protein. I am not a seafood person so I only can count off the top of my head, on one hand, the number of recipes I am interested in trying.

Some of the ingredients I would think you cannot find in your local grocery store such as quail eggs, creme fraschie, and squid.
on November 20, 2014
This is a very good book for cooking delicious and healthy fast food. It has soft covers with a large Table of Contents with lists of soups, appetizers, salads, sandwiches, eggs, lunches, pasta, shellfish, meat, side dishes, deserts, and party drinks, also with an Index. It measures 10" high, 7 3/4" wide, 1" thick with lots of huge color pictures and a total page count of 255. Highly recommended!
on May 10, 2013
I've made several recipes from this book and they came out great. Very easy to read and duplicate. Recipes broken down very nicely for beginner cooks. Some of the recipes are based around some ingredients that were hard for me to find but other than that I recommend the book.
on May 21, 2014
Maybe it's just my taste in food, but I really found about 5 or so recipes from the book appealing to me. The book is odd as it's constructed from some smelly cardstock paper. I like Chef Ramsay a lot, but the recipes in this book are not for me. A youtube video of him cooking steak was more appealing than any recipe in the book. It is however nicely thought out as it includes info on how to create basics required in the pantry for future cooking.
on April 18, 2014
I really wanted to like this cook book, because I love Gordon Ramsay, but I don't. I live in a small town and cannot find a lot of the ingredients. Some things I have never heard of or would not eat anyway, let alone get my kids to eat. The few recipes that I did make and could find all of the ingredients for were good. fast and easy to put together.
on June 2, 2014
Gordon is obviously not on a budget or a diet, and most of the ingredients are not going to be readily available to anyone who doesn't live in a major metropolitan area. The things I've made have been delicious, such as the tiramisu, but I've yet to find porgy anywhere. Some hints for substitutions would be nice.