|Print List Price:||$16.99|
Save $10.00 (59%)
Price set by seller.
Gospel Coach: Shepherding Leaders to Glorify God Kindle Edition
|Length: 240 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $2.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Thomas and Wood tell us why we need coaches and provide a bunch of helfpul/practical ways to help our coaches do their job. However the thing that makes this book stand out is that it isn’t simply practical adivce, its practical advice rooted in the truth of the gospel. Coaching in light of the gospel; “A gospel coach provides Christian leaders a theological foundation and a practical system to develop and equip other leaders in the local church to make disciples and to shepherd them to glorify God and to effectively lead.” If you want to raise up these kinds of leaders read this book. If you want to raise up leaders who not only make other disciples but make other leaders, read this book.
(Note: This was my top "Ministry" book of 2012)
1) It highlights the desperate need of all leaders to be cared for while they are caring for others.
2) The Gospel is clearly heralded as the foundation for the healthy Christian life and the solution to all leadership struggles.
3) It swings the pendulum from pragmatic, spiritually empty forms of leadership toward a Christ-centered, spiritually attuned method.
4) It exposes heart idols that are the root of the vast majority of issues that leaders face. It helped me not only in seeing the heart idols in others, but more importantly in my own life.
5) It provides practical examples of what mentoring/coaching conversations should look like. The examples are a bit too "clean cut" and make coaching conversations look easier than they actually are, but nonetheless it gives a vision of what to aim for.
6) The concepts are applicable to all levels of spiritual leadership and all arenas of Christian discipleship. The questions and methods utilized could work in one one one mentoring between a pastor and a high level volunteer leader, or even in a group setting.
7) It reminds us that our only hope is Jesus, and that he is enough.
Now no book is perfect, to be sure. I have seen better diagrams of spiritual growth and the spheres of the Christian life, and though the authors heavily critique pragmatic "life-coaching" methods, they utilize them to an extent in the final section of the book. Nonetheless, these are small gripes and more just matters of opinion on my end.
Ultimately, I feel that I could go on for days about how helpful this book is. It completely changed the way I think about my own spiritual life as well as my discipling relationships. It exposed heart idols of mine, and areas that I can grow in leading others to gospel drenched freedom in Jesus. Bottom line, you need to read it. If you are a leader, especially a leader of leaders, your money and time will be well spent on this book.
It will be a good read for pastors not really into that kind of thing...and may even awaken something in you that has been dormant for a long time.
Acts 20:28 - "Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit had made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood."
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Leadership
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Pastoral Resources
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Ministry & Evangelism > Discipleship
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Pastoral Resources
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Ministry & Evangelism > Discipleship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Ministry & Evangelism > General