Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 5, 2012
We received Gossie, Gossie & Gertie, and Peedie for my daughters 1st birthday...she LOVES LOVES LOVES these books. We read them e-v-e-r-y s-i-n-g-l-e night. I saw that there was also Ollie, BooBoo and many more so I wanted to get the extra books for her Easter Basket.
The price for this whole set was $10, the books themselves are $9.99. so I decided to spend the $10 to get the two extra books even though she had 3 out of the 5.
Any who, this set is just adorable. I actually started to build a connection with these goslings and each one has their own personality.
The only thing I will tell you is this: These board books are half the size of the original board books, which is probably why they are $10 for all 5 books.

This would make a great gift!!
on August 23, 2013
We had read Gossie and Gertie books from the library and when I saw this set I had to have it.

I saw comments about the board books being small but in my opinion that makes then the perfect size for little hands to cope with. My 2 1/2 year old daughter takes them in the car to read and they are very easy for her to handle in the relatively confined space of her car seat. The gift box makes an ideal carrier to keep the books together.

She seems to be able to relate to the characters well - These are lovely stories that are easy for her to understand. When she begins to read they will be good as well as she can read them to me properly. At the moment she knows the stories well and can basically recite them back to me so I know they have made an impression.

My only complaint would be the puzzle 'tiles' that it says it comes with. When it arrived I scoured the reviews again thinking I had a set which was wrong. It wasn't. The puzzle 'tiles' are the same size as the books, but are basically boxes with pictures on the outside. Their function is to make sure the titles of the books are visible in the open side of the gift box they are packaged in.

A clever way to make packing pieces interesting but don't think it should be included as a 'bonus' in the description. I found it a little misleading - however it doesn't detract from the set at all so it really is a very minor complaint.
on May 22, 2012
All of the Gossie books are charming to read (even when you read them over and over and over ...) and favorites of my 2-year old daughter. This set is a great value when you consider that each of these books in their full board book size retails for nearly the price of this whole set. The text is unabridged and the illustrations are completely intact, which sometimes isn't the case in miniaturized children's books. There's simply less white space surrounding the illustrations, which admittedly affects the lovely aesthetic that the larger versions have, but I doubt toddlers care about that at all. The smaller size makes them very portable, too; my daughter really enjoys hauling these around the house in the carrying box, and they're a great size for tossing one or two into my bag for trips.

The cardboard carrying box is neither remarkably flimsy nor durable, and the two "puzzle tiles" are sort of strange as they're just thin folded cardboard boxes that act as filler so all the book spines are visible in the box. But that stuff is just bonus anyway, since the real value here is the books.
on March 16, 2017
I love the characters in these books, I have also bought the Halloween and the Merry Christmas book as well. Our grandkids love these little ducklings and their adventures! Shipping was fast!
on December 2, 2013
I bought this as a gift for a one year old's birthday party. I have most of the Gossie books for my son (now 3) and I've been reading them to him since he was 6 months old. This is a great value for the whole collection. And there is NOTHING cuter than a toddler lisping the word "gosling". The series is about some gosling friends named Gossie, Gertie, Peedie, Ollie, and Boo Boo. They live on a farm and visit the pond, barn, and haystacks. There is a lot of repetitive dialog which is easy for children to learn and recite with you. The illustrations are very uncluttered, yet there's always an extra little character squeezed in such as a dragonfly, beetle, turtle, mouse, etc. Olivier Dunrea's illustrations are beautiful, and his books about bears are equally compelling. These are smaller than the standard board book edition of these titles, which I did not expect when I ordered them, but I like them nonetheless.
on January 22, 2014
My 2.5 yr old son loves this set. We had one Gossie book floating around and was told there was a series (surprise!). I got this and my son adores it. He likes to carry it around, take the books in and out and read them to himself or with us (parents). The stories are short, easy and the pictures give a nice accurate representation of the action or words on the page (this is ideal for young kids who being to storywalk/"read" by picture to themselves). My son can "read" the book to us by looking at the pictures and tell us what is going on: for instance, Gossie is walking backward here. Forward here. Looking under the hens. Looking in the barn. Such a great series for toddlers--highly recommended.
on January 9, 2012
I was a bit worried about the quality of these books when I read the other reviews (I was familiar with the stories themselves - and they are wonderful), but decided to buy this set anyway. I'm glad I did.
Admittedly, the pages are about half as thin as in a typical board book, but they are still far from "flimsy", and you would need to put an effort into bending or damaging them. If your child routinely walks on his books or is otherwise very careless, he would destroy these easier than the individually sold Gossie books, but if he just enjoys reading and flipping pages, these board books will prove just as sturdy. Also, the colors in this set are just a tad duller than in our other Gossie book, but if I did not have a side-by-side comparison, I would have never noticed this.
As the price of this set is very reasonable, and the quality quite good, I highly recommend this purchase.
on July 27, 2015
Books not as thick as if you buy them individually. They look skinny and cheap...plus my daughter ended up bending several pages (no way she could do it with a reg board book)
on February 28, 2014
Olivier Dunrea's Gossie series books are a treasure. A decade ago I had to purchase them from the UK for my daughter. She and all 3 of her little sisters have adored them. I ordered this gift pack for my nephew and my brother-in-law reports that his son is quite pleased with them as well.

I love the simple pictures and text that engage a baby or toddler while allowing for a new reader to read. The inclusion of a little bug or other farm animal on the pages leaves room to have discussions with your toddler about bees, ladybugs, dragonflies, and sheep. All around they are excellent books and I highly recommend them.
on May 31, 2012
These are smaller than the traditional Gossie books, but just as adorable and still contain the entire story of each of the books. For the price you just can't pass these up!! GREAT baby shower gift!