Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 19, 2013, 4:54:59 PM PDT
Gigi says:
I am LOVING this book! I won it today off of the goodreads.com giveaway-- so thank you, Jo Robinson, by the way-- and I am learning so very much, and it's all very interesting!

The history of the food we eat, followed by letting us know which foods we can get of the most nutritional value, how to prepare it for maximum flavor and nutritional value, and WHY. Even going into more specifics than anything I've ever read before. Not just "you should eat salad", but, "you should eat salad with looseleaf, colored lettuce as opposed to iceburg, and perhaps mix it with dried fruit, avocado or even a milder type of lettuce to make it more palatable if you are not a fan of the stronger flavors".

And it continues like that for so many of the foods we eat, what we aren't eating, and why we aren't, why we should be. The research here is impeccable, and I shall most definitely use it's information on my next grocery trip!

Posted on Jun 6, 2013, 4:37:46 PM PDT
Joanna D. says:
Super good book. Explains a lot and just good reading --natural history is so interesting in itself.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Apr 19, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about