- File Size: 225 KB
- Print Length: 67 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Naked Reader Press (November 23, 2010)
- Publication Date: November 23, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004DL0QFG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #583,113 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Goth Sex-Kitten & Other Stories Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This was, however, my choice of reading for my introduction to the Kindle itself. I was delighted to find one of my favourite authors had something for me to download for a 'test read'. Both lived admirably up to my expectations and I can see me only buying 'real books' when there is no Kindle version available, from now on.
The only complaint I have, is that there were only five stories, although $2.99 for five quality stories is a very good deal. My complaint is not about value for money, just that I would have loved to go on reading and came far too quickly to the end.
I won't go into lots of detail and write a complete spoiler, as too many people seem happy to do in these reviews (Hint, I'm looking to see whether I would like to read the book, not asking for a synopsis to save me from having to read the book). I will say that each story has its own distinct flavour. There are traces of familiarity from folk-lore and mythology that most readers of fantasy will recognise, and yet Dave Freer manages to bring a new twist to each and every one. My favourite of the five was 'Jack', although 'Regency Sprite' came in a very close second.
The six stories in this collection (The Goth Sex Kitten, Rob, Jack, Left Behind, If I Wake Before I Die, and Regency Sprite) all contain elements of the supernatural and are all very well written, but otherwise are very different. The tone, atmosphere and to some extent the writing style changes with each one to compliment the themes and undertones of that particular story. There are good touches of humor where appropriate (although the stories are mostly dark in nature).
As is possible with any collection I found I liked some much more than others, but they are all quality work. If I Wake Before I Die and (despite an over the top beginning) Regency Sprite are my favorites. The Goth Sex Kitten, while engaging, had me rolling my eyes a bit ... until the author proved he was much move clever than I'll ever be with some very nice mini-twists.
Overall a very solid bunch of stories. I'll likely be looking for more from Freer in the future.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Fairy Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery