Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 165 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 216 reviews
on February 27, 2015
This is the best tofu press I have ever used and is worlds better than using two plates and cans of beans. You put the tofu in, lock the lid and put it in the fridge. When you return (I usually do overnight) the water is on top and the tofu is 1/3 to 1/2 the thickness that you started with. Then you can marinate the tofu in the same container, sliced and ready to bake. A great marinade is a half cup of pomegranate juice a quarter cup of flavored balsamic vinegar with a dash of toasted sesame oil. Bake at 350° maybe 15-20 min.
on April 28, 2016
Vegans and Vegetarians rejoice! This product is an essential item if you do not eat meat, heck even if you do and just want to change up your kitchen repertoire, expressing tofu can be a time consuming and wasteful (disposable kitchen towels) process. This baby is easy to use. Set it up before you leave for work or the night before and come home and cook perfect tofu that is not even slightly soggy. My friend had one of these and I absolutely had to get one. I was weary at first because of the price tag but honestly, I wish I had gotten it sooner.
on December 8, 2016
I absolutely LOVE this product. So much I ordered one for my parents. I am pressing tofu every 2-3 days, so this is perfect for me. It takes up barely any space in the fridge, unlike before with the books or multiple cans that were needed to press tofu! And having the bonus of the cover to marinade is great. I highly recommend this product, you wont regret is!
on February 18, 2017
Where has this nifty little thing been all my life?! No more wasting paper towels and precariously tipping towers haphazardly put on top, only to have them topple over at the slightest shift of tofu pressing gone wrong. This makes restaurant style pressed tofu, I use it all the time. Thank you for a great product, made in USA!
on July 2, 2016
A must have if you cook a lot of tofu! Works far better than stacking stuff on top of it (then sometimes having it fall) you can have it press your tofu in an hour! And it presses it very evenly too. 10/10 would recommend
on December 2, 2013
This thing is perfect! I have been struggling for a very long time to figure out an efficient way to press my tofu in order to prepare it for grilling/frying etc. This press combines the convenience of a press with a marinade dish to really simplify things. Here are some pro's vs. con's:

Pro: The plastic is sturdy and clear and the spring coil is serious (don't play with it you might put your eye out). Mine came well packaged and the directions/recipe book provides easy to understand directions (it's not rocket science) as well as some cool ideas that I hadn't seen before. The design is the real benefit here, the press has a twist and lock design which is super easy and the lid for the marinade container conveniently attaches to the bottom of the main container so there is no searching for the lid for 30 minutes in the tupperware drawer if you're like me. Also you can use this press for frozen spinach or anything else you need to squeeze water out of - super useful!

Con: It will continue to press the tofu or whatever until the water is sitting on top of the lid. You do have to tilt it to remove the water every so often. I sometimes wonder if the water isn't just reabsorbing if I don't till and drain it enough. Also even though the lid attaches to the bottom all the rest of the pieces are all separate so washing it by hand is just a little annoying.

Even if you only eat tofu 2x per year this little device is worth having just to spare you the annoyance of creating a plate press for your tofu.
on December 18, 2015
I have two tofu presses, but this one is the one I use the most. I've always used it as directed, and never had a problem with it. It's definitely made tofu a bigger part of my diet, by making it easier to press the water out of it. No more balancing cans on top of plates. No more uneven results, like lopsided tofu. Getting more of the water out of makes a huge difference in terms of both flavor and texture. Marinated tofu absorbs more flavor, and pan fried tofu is crispier, crunchier, and chewier as a result. I highly recommend this one.
on January 8, 2017
Great product! Gave it as a gift.Recipient loves it and doesn't know how she lived without it!!
on December 9, 2016
We bought the tofu press 4 1/2 years ago, still works perfectly.
on May 28, 2012
This is great. I have a pantry full of gadgets like my spiralizer that I used a few times and gave up on. I have 3 or 4 steamers (rice and veggies) and a dehydrater that as I write this I think "why don't I use that more, I really like those dried fruits." However this food press has been in use since I bought it about two months ago. Every time I come home from the grocery store I put in a pound of tofu, and whenever during the week I feel like a bit of stiry fry, or baked or whatever, it's ready to go, fully squeezed, with much less muss and fuss that pressing using paper towels, plates and weights. I highly recommend this press.