Industrial Deals HPC Holiday Gift Picks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 25, 2014
It's scarcely worth reviewing this book, because I believe it's out of print. Mine is a used copy. I bought it because I remember liking it about 15 years. I still like it. The recipes are short and mostly delicious. It's a bit dated, though. We use different ingredients now. Like arugula, etc. But you can put together a nice meal in a very short time using this book.
on May 13, 2016
I attended the actual course at the Culinary Instituteof America. Book was very helpful.
on January 12, 2015
I enjoy this book so much I purchased a few as gifts. The recipe variety is great and the rest of the content can be helpful for those interested in expanding their cooking horizons.
on September 4, 2009
Book is Ok. This is one of the least interesting books of the CIA that I own. My dissapointing comes from many of the recipies. Yes....they can look gourmet, but cooking them in minutes...give me a break!!. Many of them take 45 minutes to prepare(not taking into account the mise in place or soaking chickpease for example) Many recipes also rely on items that need 30 to 45 minutes to cook and also refer to a sauce or dressing that has to be cooked also in advance.ie: there is a picture of a Rice puding (40min to cook) that is shown with oatmeal cookies (a recipe also shown in the book and that takes 40 min to cook) and a cider and raisin Sauce sauce(45 min to cook). Another example? in page 185. Pesto stuffed chicken breasts, 45 min to cook and accompaignment is rice pilaf (45 min) and grilled vegetables (45 min)

Anything in life can be cooked in minutes, ranging from 1 minute to more than a million of minutes. But the title of the book misleads you if you are expecting to find recipes and instructions to plate and cook gourmet food in less than 30 minutes. This is just another recipe book from the crowd to me, with many of the recipies of little interest.
on October 4, 2015
Haven't used it yet but it looks very interesting.
on August 6, 2015
Excellent.
on August 15, 2013
Great resource for interesting yet reasonably quick meals to expand my menus. I look forward to trying quite a few of the offerings.
on November 17, 2014
Great shape! Thanks!
on December 10, 2012
You can never go wrong with any of these recipes! One of my favorites! Easy to follow directions and beautiful pictures.
on September 6, 2011
This is such a great cookbook - easy to understand and use. The recipes are excellent. Pictures are helpful. This book makes trying new recipes quite fun.