- Paperback: 247 pages
- Publisher: Precision Nutrition; 1st edition (2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 097743091X
- ISBN-13: 978-0977430918
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 9 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (48 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #90,958 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Gourmet Nutrition: The Cookbook for the Fit Food Lover Paperback – CLV, 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Here are the things I love about it,
-are incredibly healthy
-contain easy to find ingredients
-DON'T contain long lists of ingredients
-are meant for mostly 1-2 servings (great for people like me that are cooking for one & don't want to eat the same thing for 4 days)
-pictures of every recipe
-contains nutritional breakdown for each male (large) & female (small) portions
-offers suggestions for side dishes (I love when cookbooks do this, it makes planning meals so much easier)
-offers suggestions for substitutions that don't radically change the nutrition content
-separates meals into "Anytime" & "Post-workout"
The higher carb meals are the PW meals. Following the suggestion to eat them only after working out is great for losing and maintaining fat loss. I really like that there is no tracking calories or carbs or any kind of tracking/calculating at all! If you eat the AT meals anytime & the PW meals post-workout you won't eat too many carbs or calories, you won't eat too few grams of protein (for muscle maintenance) or calories. So much better than every other cookbook I've ever had where you have to calculate & pick & choose what meals you can eat together on the same day without eating too many calories, carbs or too few calories.
Some minor problems with the book
-typos (the protein content on a couple recipes is the calorie count repeated. But that's easily remedied by subtracting the fat grams * 9 & the carb grams * 4, from the total calorie count)
Highly recommended and real pity that Amazon doesn't ship those for now.
Here is what you get, many of which I have yet o find in other books.
* Large and small servings ideal for men or women and can be adjusted if cooking for more than one person.
* Post-workout and anytime meals. I don't recall seeing this feature elsewhere, but this helps me out tremendously, knowing which meals have that extra carb content
* Main and side dish pairings, so you can have your protein and decide which side dishes u want to use for your carbs, whether low carb or more complex.
* Meal templates to use if u wish according to whatever time of day you work out.
* Section of food preparation tips for those that need it and those who want more efficient ways of cooking.
* Tools and equipment so you know what to have in your kitchen and cabinets. Its not complicated because most people have these utensils already.
* Breakfast, Shakes & Smoothies, Meats (include game meat like venison and bison), Poultry, Seafood, sides, snacks, salad dressing.
* Nutritional breakdown of protein, carbs, fats, fiber, sugar, that is easy to understand and duplicate in the recipes.
* Recipes that are simple and do not require a large amount of ingredients.
* Variations and Options which is perfect for those that are either lactose intolerant or want to eliminate or keep their dairy consumption to a minimum.
* Color photos of every recipe.
* Preparation, Marinade and Cooking times are provided, and most food is done within 30 minutes.
* Suggestions on how to make a meal be post-workout (more carbs) or take away the carbs. Its all healthy carbs so its not a low carb diet just the best carbs which is highly important for athletes and those fitness enthusiast.
The only thing I wish was better was the spine if the book. while most recipes you are able to lie the book open and flat I wish there was a spiral binder which would make the book even better. Maybe that's something the writers and publishers should consider for next time.
ALL iN ALL I LOVE THIS BOOK AND CANT' PRAISE IT ENOUGH. It is money well spent and my waistline and heart thank me very very much!