Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 170 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on April 15, 2010
I chose to purchase this flatware because the product features said they were "tarnish-resistant 18/10 stainless steel with mirror finishing". Nowhere in the packaging is this stated. The only makings on the flatware themselves state they ate 18/c which means it is 18% chrome.
I was led to believe the pieces were 18/10 which is 18% chrome and 10% nickel, the ideal makeup of a flatware set. I also saw that the mirror finish does not coat completely the area between the forks and the finish scratches very easily even though I wash them and dry them with a soft towel immediately after every use.
55 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2012
I purchased two sets of these about a year ago when I got married (Spring 2011), and we've absolutely loved this flatware for a year. They're solid, feel great in the hand, and look great after coming out of the dishwasher (unless we don't pre-wash them, but that's an issue with our dishwasher, not the flatware). I particularly like the clean lines of the knife, as well as the fact that it's not serrated.

I purchased an additional set the other day (Spring 2012) to add to our existing pieces, and was very surprised when I opened the box. The knife curves a bit now, rather than being perfectly straight on the back! There are small differences in the other pieces as well, causing them to not nest nicely when stacked. I called Gourmet Settings Customer Service, and the woman I spoke with said that they had a redesign about six months ago. I call shenanigans. If they're going to redesign it, they shouldn't have given it the same name! As it is, I won't be keeping this new set. I'm supposed to email someone at Gourmet Settings to see if they have any old stock, and we'll see if they're able to help me. I'll update back here with the results after this whole thing is resolved.

Don't get me wrong, the new set is fantastic, and I still like it a lot. It has the same great weight and feel, and if I had 3-4 sets of this new design, I would be perfectly happy. The new and the old just don't match though, which is why I've deducted a star. Check user photos to see the difference, particularly between the knives.

**UPDATE** Customer service with Gourmet Settings finally got back to me and said they had changed manufacturers or something, so the dies had been remade, which is why there are slight differences. They were great about it (once they finally responded), and send me two "new" sets free of charge to replace the "old" ones I had, giving me three identical sets. Customer service was great (if a little slow), and I still recommend this flatware highly-- great weight, and cleans up great in our (admittedly cheap) dishwasher. Don't hesitate to purchase these, just double check if you're matching flatware sets from 2011 or earlier.
review image
11 comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2013
I had problems with the knives. They say they are dishwasher safe but after 1 month the knives were getting stain and rust marks on them. I contacted the company with pictures a month ago, have sent several emails since then and they have not gotten back to me. I would not be writing this review if they had gotten back to me and said they would replace them. Customer service is everything and this company has none!!!!!!!!!
on February 11, 2012
I was initially pleased upon receiving these sets of flatware (I ordered two).

Everything was very polished, which allows you to literally see yourself in each piece; just like a tiny mirror.

These are thicker and seem sturdier than my last set. They will require a much greater effort to bend than I'm sure many people like myself have experienced. Who hasn't hand a spoon bend all the way down when trying to get some ice cream?

If i had any complaints it would, at least for the moment be restricted to the knife. I know it's called a butter knife generally, and I think for once that's basically all this one can be used for. It is not serrated which causes it to be very ineffective when cutting much. Do not plan on using it for much of anything other than in application of something like butter or jam to bread.

Overall I am happy with the purchase. Although my wife is a little weird about it because they are slightly larger than our last set of flatware. I would personally recommend them to anyone in the market for this product type.

Happy Shopping,
Jess
review image review image
on March 2, 2013
This is a really classy set of flatware - it looks a lot more expensive than it is. Have been using it for about 6 months now and it's very sturdy and has held up well. I made a great decision to buy it, and I recommend it enthusiastically.
on June 1, 2014
I can't imagine who OK'd the design for this product: the knives completely lack any sort of edge to them. I wasn't expecting steak knives, but I was expecting something with a slight serration so it could cut through the odd piece of food. The knives are suitable only for spreading butter. Anything else requires you to brute-force your way through food using only pressure. I wouldn't buy these again.

They do look nice though.
on August 20, 2013
These took almost a month from the day I ordered them to arrive and when they finally did I was excited to start using them. Opened them to find a lot of the pieces had very sharp (not smooth) edges. If someone were to eat off them they would cut their mouth. I never seen stainless steel flatware with this problem especially when brand new. Don't like that they're made in china that makes me wonder if it actually is stainless steel and find it odd that it says 18/c on box I've never seen that. usually 18/0 or 18/10, etc. Amazon has really been letting me down with products in the past couple of months I've order stuff I've had to return multiple times because something isn't as described or damaged. I'll be looking for set in store better.
on March 6, 2013
Great feel, size and weight. These definitely feel high quality, and are very sturdy. Very modern and clean design. I ordered one set, and recently bought another.
on January 1, 2014
I didn't look closely at the flatware before I used it. I cut my lip on the soup spoon while eating with it. Tried another set of them and still poor craftsmanship.
on March 15, 2013
Overall nice product, but some of the large spoons had rough edges. Other from that the set is pretty solid.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.