Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on November 27, 2017
Loving my new pressure cooker!!! I came home from work the other day and made roasted chicken, it took like 3x faster, and came out delicious! Also made a vegan stew that came out heavenly! (We have a lot of vegan guests, so this was super helpful)
72 people found this helpful
on December 6, 2017
This pressure cooker is one of the best on the market. I've owned a few and this is by far the best. I made a lemon chicken out of the cooker and it turned out perfectly. I would absolutely recommend this product.
71 people found this helpful
on December 7, 2017
I've only made one meal and I'm already excited to see what else it is capable of doing. It made delicious chicken breasts in twenty minutes and I hardly did a thing. Can't wait to make more magic with little effort!
68 people found this helpful
on December 15, 2017
It really does prepare food well and quickly, which I just love. I just wish the recipes that came with it were a bit more basic because I'm not good enough to begin with such elaborate recipes.
63 people found this helpful
on May 9, 2018
I wanted to rate this higher, because it works as well as any instant pot / pressure cooker you might want, but the instruction manual is very defective in its explanation and clarity of language.

I've made two recipes so far, one from the book and one I invented, and in both cases the meal came out even more wondeful than I expected.

First meal was split pea soup, and except for some initial prep (sort the peas, chop the ham steak and onions), it was extremely easy. I just roughly chopped an onion, used store-bought shredded carrot (to save time), a ham steak, the bag of peas, and then the spices and chicken boillon. After the pre-set time, the soup was simply incredible. The various elements had cooked down, the spices were just right, and the ham was tender and fell apart on the spoon. With a loaf of fresh bread, this was a complete meal!

The second meal was pork carnitas. I used 2 boneless pork loins, cut then down to about 2" "slices" (like pork chops, not in chunks), put in the spices and the sauce, and after cooking, the pork fell apart with a fork, and we had carnitas for burritos and tacos and other "Mexican-style" meals.

I expect to use this more to make really quick, delicious meals. I can't express enough just how easy the prep and cooking is.

So why four stars?

THE MANUAL. THE CONTROL PANEL.

I could not get the functions to work as the manual described. And in some cases the actual methodology to cook something just didn't match anything in the book.

Getting the soup to cook took many attempts to follow the manual and the pot's control panel/buttons. The manual is literally wrong, but if you keep trying, eventually you figure out what you have to do.

Getting the pork loins to cook was far more difficult. I wanted to cook it for a specified time, not a pre-set time. I'm here to tell you, getting this function to work means you essentially have to "fool" the pot/control panel and then rapidly slip in a sequence of steps to get the custom time set.

Fix the instruction manual, and fix some of these indecipheral sequences, and you'd have a 5-star pressure cooker.
on May 7, 2018
Once again, Gourmia has proven they are the best small appliance manufacturer around. This Multi Mode Smartpot Pressure Cooker is better than I hoped for. It is extremely well made and also compact, so it won’t require much storage space. The liner will fit in the dishwasher which is a great feature. The pre-programmed control panel makes this a snap to set up for use. It has presets for meats, soups, chicken and turkey, slow cooking, desserts, beans, hot cereal, rice and more. It also has a “warmer” function which will keep food at serving temperatures. It’s LED display is so easy to read. One of the most useful features, not seen on most pressure cookers, is a Lid Holder that will help keep your counter clean. The first thing I made was BBQ beef ribs – 20 minutes in the pressure cooker, 8 minutes under the broiler and they were the best ribs I have ever cooked. I am so pleased with this purchase.
on April 9, 2018
This pot is comparable to the Instant Pot brand in every way except price. It is easy to use, and cleans up quickly. I've made many meals in the pot from chicken to fish, soups to stews and everything turned out perfectly. You can easily reach customer support, as well, if you have any questions. I really don't see much of a difference between this model and the IP brand. Very simple to use with excellent results.
on May 1, 2018
This pressure cooker is everything I was looking for when it comes to cooking food in no time. It doesn’t matter if you’re Paleo or vegan or just trying to eat better, pressure cooking is the answer for healthy fast food. The key to using the pressure cooker correctly is choosing recipes in which softness and succulence is the goal, and which traditionally take hours to get there. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase.
on December 1, 2017
This product has a lot of different cooking modes. I love how I can make almost anything in here. I made a really delicious stew and several soups already. I use this to make quick and easy dinners and it's easy to clean! I use this device in college and it's really come in handy!
One person found this helpful
on February 15, 2018
So far I haven't quite figured out what I'm doing wrong. We put in some wild rice to cook and set it on what we thought was 24 minutes. My husband timed it also on his watch and after 24 minutes, he checked it and it was stone cold! He thinks we. had set it for 24 hours before it was to cook! So we reset it for the 12 minutes it says for the rice button and I checked it after the 12 minutes...and it was still stone cold. Guess I have to read the Manuel again...... Can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
|11 comment|Report abuse