BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Kidz Bop PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 1, 2016
Just recieved this item after reading/comparing reviews and, well, not exactly as wonderful as I had hoped. I don't think it's fair to include all the reviews given by people who received at a discount for review, bc it slants the ratings. There are no recipes and the booklet is not very user friendly. I winged it and added three semi frozen chicken breasts, honey barbecue sauce, salt, and brown sugar, water...and hit the poultry button.

PROS
EASE: Was so simple to throw everything in the pot, hit a button, and go about other things while dinner cooked by itself.
SPEED: It did cook the semi-thawed chicken extremely quickly, 15 minutes!....and it also got to pressure very quickly, unlike many other reviews of other pressure cookers.(the whole point is to save time, not need to wait longer for it to reach pressure than to actually cook the food, which I have read on many other models)
It's very QUIET: Virtually silent, and it makes three beeps to let you know when it's ready..as well as a locking lid sound.
I threw in some rice after the chicken had finished, hit the 'rice' button, and in 10 minutes, the rice was done in the broth.
Once my recipe prowess improves, this may be a great purchase, will need to update.
I chose this model bc it had most of the features I was looking for at an affordable price point. Initially, an ad for a competitor was on tv which is what made me interested in buying one, and that particular brand had very bad reviews, and also teflon.

CONS
The flavor left much to be desired, but in all fairness, I probably have too much water and not enough seasonings, as I said, I just winged it. This also would be no different than the other pressure cookers, I would assume. I think that most are made by the same producer in China, which I'm not thrilled about, I miss quality made items rather than mass-produced assembly from China :(
The only qualm I may have is the non-stick finish, if it's teflon or some other non-stick, and the safety of such material in heating implement. In fairness, this is very clearly stated on the product, so it's simply an issue I am unsure of for my personal preference.. Many are like this, wondering if the stainless steel type would be better, although more costly. More research needed. Other than this, it seems to deliver very well on speed, ease, etc.
on March 6, 2017
I purchased one for myself about a year ago and then bought this one for my parents for Christmas. This has quickly become a kitchen staple. I'm a mom with a full time job and three young kids and work night meals are often a struggle. Boy has this electric pressure cooker changed that! I love that I can take frozen meat, some spices, and vegetables and have a full meal ready in less than a half hour. No more desperate boxed mac & cheese dinners for us!

I LOVE cooking. And I tend to really hate 1-hit-wonder kitchen items...you know, the things that are good for just one purpose and take up room. Well this Smartpot is like a 20-hit wonder. It defrosts frozen meat, it steams rice and vegetables, it browns meat and onions, it cooks dried beans without the need to pre-soak, it's a slow cooker, it's a pressure cooker, YOGURT incubator, and eggs...oh my goodness don't get me started on the eggs. Perfect hard-boiled eggs that practically shell themselves in about 10-minutes and poached eggs that are a dream.
on April 9, 2016
I love this thing and cannot figure out how I have managed this long without it. I bought it for the delay function for the crockpot, so I can use it more during the work week without overcooking because of how long we are gone. Add that to the pressure cooker function and the steamer - its become my hands down favorite appliance. I like this so much I will consider giving them as gifts to family & friends.
on June 3, 2016
I bought mine and was nervous about it because i had never used a pressure cooker before and knew nothing about them. I've had mine for about 5 months and it works great!!! I would have given it 5 stars, but the instruction guide that comes with it is severely lacking. I bought a cookbook specifically for pressure cookers and its been great! I've made ribs, mac and cheese, green beans, turnip greens and all sorts of meals in mine and its so quick and easy. Cleanup is simple too. 😊😊😊
on March 7, 2016
Love pressure cookers! I've used them for 20 years. This is my third electronic model. I like the features and I really like the time delay feature,
They all seem pretty much the same function-wise but the electronics are varied slightly. The gasket on my last one finally failed after using it for about 5 years, This one seems to be built as well, plus the time delay feature is an added bonus.
on December 7, 2016
This is my first time buying or using a pressure cooker. I received it Monday and used it the same day and made braised short ribs. All I had to do was add the ingredients, put the top on, place the knob in the down position, pressed meat and the time was already set. I increased to 40 instead of 35 mins, the meat fell off the bone and was so tender. This machine was heaven sent !!!
on December 8, 2016
Just got mine delivered, and have already made chili with it. I absolutely love it! I love a good chili, I don't care for the long wait that can take on the stove. 30 minutes after a little sauteing of onion and protein, I had chili that tasted just like it had been cooking for a couple of hours. I'm definitely going to be using the other features such as making yogurt and such in the coming weeks. So happy I made the purchase.
on December 8, 2015
I couldn’t open this box fast enough. My kids think Chanukah came early this year, after all the excitement when the post guy arrived. Once cold weathers started coming our way, the thought of hot soups and stews, without much preparation seemed awesome. And it’s truly as simple as it seems. I read one of the reviews that mentioned closing the lid well when cooking and I have to agree. Be sure the lid is securely in place and I found it important to read the safety and usage instructions. Gourmia lists the information so clearly and it made me aware of so many features which I wouldn’t have known otherwise. Like how to set the thermostat and which indicators mean what.
on April 11, 2016
Works great wish I had bought this long ago.
on May 26, 2016
I love my Gourmia smart pot so far every thing I have tried has come out perfect. My biggest complaint is that there was not any recipes to help me use the smart pot. It would be helpful if a recipe book came with the smart pot.