Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 153 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 195 reviews
on February 12, 2016
Rand Paul has been one of my favorites every since he came on the scene. This book was kind of like preaching to the choir to me. I have been active in the Tea Party movement since its inception.
Many of the outrages that Rand talks about are known to folks like me. I did learn of a few new ones and of course there are hundreds more out there no doubt.
That we live in this supposedly free country that is supposed to be ruled by laws, voted on by our representatives is becoming more of a joke every day. Every time I think of one of these Jack Booted thugs coming into that Amish farm with "Weapons drawn" I get sick. And I wonder just where they can find these kind of sick people that will work for those agencies. Then I remember that all thuggish governments have had citizens that just sign up for that kind of work. Hitler had no problem filling his ranks of SS with enthusiastic creatons like these FDA and EPA jerks. How these clowns sleep at night is beyond me.
But we all know that this is part and parcel of our Government these days. The folks we send to Washington could give a flip about us poor working folks. Their real job is to buy votes and get re-elected. They just don't have time to fool with writing silly laws. So they just abrogate their responsibility to one of these alphabet agencies and go on with their real jobs, buying votes.
One thing that would really help put an end to these things would be for Americans to get familiar with our Real Jury system and know that they can make a difference "One outrage at a time" simply by saying NOT GULITY.
I won't write a treaties here but understanding that the jury, and particularly the JUROR has a responsibility for not just judging the facts but also to judge the law. Now forget what the judge will tell you about the jury only being able to judge the facts and that HE, LORD ALMIGHTY will tell you what the law is. That judge is lying to you. Ever since the Trial of William Pen (1670) in England and Peter Zenger (1735) in New York, it has been recognized as a most basic RIGHT of the jury or juror to put aside bad law. "The Pages of history shine on the instances of the Jury's exercise of its prerogative to disregard instructions of the judge.." U.S. vs Dougherty, 1972. "The law itself is on trial quite as much as the cause which is to be decided." Harlan F Stone, Chief Justice US Supreme Court, 1941. And I could quote copiously in the same vein. But I hope you get the point.
If you are as outraged as I am over these terrible injustices, start doing some investigation. I found a web site for the "Fully Informed Jury" and learned a whole lot. You might too.
People. We CAN change this. But we need to educate ourselves. The elected representatives are NOT going to do anything. They have no time for this law writing nonsense. They have grand standing and vote buying to do which is much more important to them.
God Bless. JW
on September 13, 2016
The information in this book is very disturbing. Our government is completely out of control. Entire agencies have over regulated our economy far beyond the laws passed by our legislators. I am glad we have Dr. Rand Paul in the Senate, but his kind is few and far between.

One burning question this book begs, is an examination of why so many government officials are so corrupt, and why they are allowed to continue their invasive actions. Of course it is likely for the money, but I suspect the power of controlling other people has to be a major factor too.

The book is overly repetitive, but thankfully fully detailed in the specific cases it describes. Any reader can find the legal facts to prove this is not fiction. I look forward to following and supporting Dr. Paul's progress, and I will read more of his books.
on October 6, 2012
This book should be read by everyone concerned about the Constitution and Liberty in general. It is amazing to see how many people are in prison or fined massive amounts for doing nothing wrong. People with permits to do work, sent to prison because the EPA decides that soil is a pollutant, and you could be polluting the navigable waterway that is 20 miles away. And unfortunately, the government has endless money (ours) to crush and destroy the American people. The EPA, USDA, Army Corp of Engineers, and so many other agencies are ready to come with guns drawn to a farm, construction site, business, or a household near you. Maybe you are next and don't even know it.
on January 18, 2013
A baby 8 months old is frisked by airport security agents.

Three armed government agents yank a farmer out of his bed at 5 am and accuse him of the "crime" of selling raw milk outside his state.

A family selling rabbits is slapped with a fine of $3.9 million for exceeding the "limit" of $500 worth of rabbits per year.

A man is fined over $200,000 and jailed for 1.5 years for moving dirt from one place to a different place on his own land, thereby "violating" the Clean Water Act.

With a sealed (secret) warrant, armed agents invade a guitar factory, send its workers home, and seize materials worth over a million dollars, because the company is suspected of using wood imported "illegally" according to a foreign law.

Agents seize 70,000 pounds of lobster tails and imprison four businessmen, for importing lobsters that were "undersized" according to a defunct foreign law.

Not in America, you think? Senator Rand Paul documents all of these injustices and many more in this book, and concludes that unelected government bureaucrats are trampling habitually on the rights of many American citizens.
on March 7, 2017
makes a lot of sense
on October 6, 2012
This book by Sen. Rand Paul focuses on the abuses of power by our government officials. He describes specific cases of injustices.
Raw milk issue and health supplements are issues that I read about and experienced personally.The tyranny of special interest groups in our country is beyond belief.Raw milk can be bought and sold legally in Europe and supplements are encouraged by European Health Services.In England raw milk is sold in normal bottles with a different colored cap.I bought raw milk from a farmer in Europe and he had no problem selling it-a common practice.The laws in this country had to do with distilleries ( alcohol) and their financial interests in eliminating small farmers.
A good book that covers the subject of health and raw milk is "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" by Weston A. Price,D.D.S. Dr. Weston ,a dentist , travelled the globe to study correlation between nutrition and healthy tooth development in young people.
By bringing our attention to the issue of governmental blunders , Dr. Rand Paul, has done a great service to our country . I highly recommend this book.
on December 8, 2016
A good look at some of the major problems we face as a people and nation! So glad we have some good people in Washington fighting for us, our constitution, and freedoms. We need more fighters for the constitution in congress! Recommended!
on June 1, 2015
Best book you will ever read!
This man is a hero!
It's a must read book.
Rand Paul is my choice.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2012
This book is a very well written book that will really tick you off if you are upset all ready about what the government is doing. Senator Paul has gone in depth of the horrible things that our Government has done to normal everyday citizens and made their lives a living hell. I have not completely finished this book only because every time I read a chapter I have to put down the book because it infuriates me of how much of our rights we really don't have when it comes to the govt coming after you because you moved dirt on your property. If someone hates or dislikes you, all they have to do is to call the EPA or Corps of Engineers and sick them on you. Some of the stuff in this book I knew about, like the couple in ID that was being charged outrageous amounts of fees for not putting their land back into a wetland, but it was never considered a wet land. I warn you, this book will infuriate you, but it is a must read to have more knowledge of what the govt is doing to normal everyday people, and the news never talks about it.
on November 9, 2015
GREAT book by Senator Rand Paul--he tells the truth about how the Government virtually controls everything we do. I highly recommend it as a gift or just a good read.