Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Jessi James decker PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on March 9, 2017
As a piece of hardware, it does what a dongle should do: bridges the wired ethernet connection. It does it reliably and consistently. I plugged it in the day I opened the (Mondo) radio and haven't really thought about it since (1 year ago). The only gripe I have is the unreasonably high price. Grace radios only support one hardware version and the necessary corresponding driver is built-in to the o/s. This avoids the support issues that would arise from including multiple drivers in order to accommodate unknown hardware from other manufacturers. Such a system means that if you have a problem with the connector, there are a limited number of possible causes and it's easier for them to support. Apple's reputation for simple (sort of) reliability is built on a similar philosophy. That's fine. It's gouging me one the price-- after I've just shelled out a wad of cash for one of their radios-- that leaves me a bit sore. As others have said, the dongle is a simple, inexpensive piece of hardware that enables the use of their products, so why not just include it in the box? Even better would be to just build an RJ-45 LAN interface jack into the radio from the start. There's no significant technical impediment to such a design. It seems odd to omit something so fundamental into a device who's functionality depends on it's connection to the internet. The truth is that requiring an additional piece of hardware-- and then making it proprietary-- is just a way to increase the price. It's a little insulting, but I paid it because I LOVE my Mondo radio-- so it's a strategy that works...
on March 7, 2015
I am strictly a novice here. My very first foray into the world of digital radio started with the purchase a few weeks ago of a lovely... albeit suspect Grace Digital Audio GDI-IRN1941 Victoria Nostalgic Internet radio purchased used on another web site. Suspect in that the radio's volume knob's action is not dependable. Cannot move volume up past 50%... Note that when using the Grace radio's remote, full volume functionality is observed. Also, the lovely wooden cased radio is suspect in that when initially setup on wifi I was plagued by all manner of "inactivity" timeouts on Pandora every few hours. Have not tried any other channel groups yet. My radio is located just 20 feet from my Netgear WNR2000V3 dd-wrt router. Signal strength appeared fine. So I purchased this proprietary Grace branded Ethernet adapter. Then registered the radio on the Grace web site to finally see the numerous "My Pandora " stations I had set up earlier. Installation of this USB adapter was a breeze. Just followed the instruction on the supplied sheet. Instead of a direct wire, I am connecting using a couple Netgear Powerline adapters between my router and my radio. The inactivity dropouts have now ceased to be a problem. I assume this Ethernet adapter has something to do with this. So far a very satisfied customer on the matter of this Ethernet adapter. Jury still out on the radio.
review image
on August 31, 2017
Works perfectly to connect my Grace Digital GDI-IRMSamp internet radio to my home network via Ethernet. You just plug this adatper into the radio's USB port, then plug the adapter into your network. The radio will find your network and connect to the internet automatically, and you don't need to do a thing. I recommend connecting your Grace Digital radio via Ethernet. Not only does it save you some set-up time (see my review of the GDIRMSamp) but it's a more reliable connection than WiFi.

Other USB to Ethernet adapters will NOT work with Grace Digital internet radios. You have to use this one as the radios must have only the driver for the Grace adapter built-in, so they won't recognize any third-party adapters. The Grace adapter doesn't cost more than most USB to Ethernet adapters, so that's not a big deal.
on April 4, 2015
This one works !

Merely, turning the tuner 'OFF', then back 'ON', didn't get this recognized; it was necessary to un-plug the tuner ... and re-plug; then, the tuner recognized this converter and worked fine from then on ... No big deal - just letting you know; so you don't get nervous when/if powering off/on leaves you, still, with your WiFi connection.

Stations get changed faster (about 1 second), too ... as well as being less subject to buffer drop-outs.

WELL worth the investment, if you enjoy Internet radio. I'm glad I did it, even though WiFi worked.
on October 11, 2017
This review is not about the quality of the Grace Ethernet adapter. It is about the aftermarket Ethernet adapter I received instead. This adapter does not work the Grace internet radio. You must buy the authentic Grace Ethernet adapter. I ordered the authentic Grace Ethernet adapter, but I received this cheap incompatible Ethernet adapter instead.
on February 16, 2017
Grace Digital Internet Radio is everything that the sellers said that it would be. I can now hear music from all over the world, There are also many great stations right here in the USA, I plugged my Radio in with the modem by buying the additional attachment to USB port as suggested by Amazon. Very happy with the radio. Good buy for the price. Have recommended the Radio to friends and family.
on July 31, 2017
none
on July 7, 2017
great
on March 23, 2014
So when I recently ordered the New Grace Encore Digital radio I decided that I did not want to use my wireless WiFi and I would rather go with a hard wire to my router. I had read all the reviews for the radio and decided that I would eliminate the possibility some of the problems others encountered by going with the Ethernet hookup. So I looked at this adapter and other adapters that were cheaper but decided I would go with this one since it had a different look then the others I saw on Amazon and thought maybe there was a reason for this. Well there wasn't because as one other review here states, you do not get the product that is pictured. In my opinion this is a fraudulent way to list an item for sale. Had the correct item been shown then I would have purchased one of the other adapters and saved at the minimum $5. The adapter that comes feels like a 50 cent item that you pick up at your local dollar store. If it cost more then 35 cents to make I would be shocked. I am hoping that if I never move the unit and nothing ever touches it them MAYBE it will hold up, if the glue that holds it together does not dry out and allow the unit to just fall apart. I do not recommend anyone purchase this item at this price. Yes it works but so do many things in a dollar store for awhile. That is the feeling I have about the quality of this part.

Update: well after one day of use the adapter is dieing. I noticed the radio saying it was disconnected from the network and to reconnect. I thought it was the radio until I turned off my light to go to sleep and discovered the adapter was giving off a red light from inside the adapter. However when the light would flash off, I would get the disconnect notice on the radio screen. Amazon is sending out a replacement and we will see how the next one works out. Changing rating to one star.
review image
77 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2014
This does exactly what it says it will do. I have three Grace Digital Radios. This allows me to hook one up wired directly to the hardline. How can you beat it? You can't. If you're reading this, then buy it. Go on. I love my Grace radios.