Salon Beauty Summer Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 5, 2013
This product is as good as advertised and easy to use. If I had an objection it would go to Grace(the radio's builder) because what these are is AA NiMH or Lithium batteries soldered together in series to get 12v and a couple of taps out at in-between voltages. The connected batteries are then held together by heat shrink plastic. The fact is, when this pack wears out (long time from now), I will probably make my own replacement(not for everybody to do). Anyway Grace could have made this radio so that you could buy off the shelf rechargeable AA batteries and inserted those into a built-in AA holder which would be less expensive. Other Grace models do that very thing. A Costco member could get all the AA rechargeable needed for half the price. I suspect Grace didn't go this route to irritate us, more likely, it's about how space inside the radio's cabinet would be allocated, and likely as not having a bass-port to improve sound dictated some of the space concessions made. Still, manufacturers would do us all better if they would use batteries we can replace at Walgreen's or Wal-Mart, etc. and that's not just for radios, it's for cameras, shavers, etc. As long as we buy devices that are manufactured to need weird battery combinations it is good that we have solid manufacturers an sellers like this one to rely on. Having the right battery is important, look at the trouble Boeing is in because of their design involving lithium batteries.
20 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on June 4, 2018
I have purchased two of these battery packs. The first 'died' in less than a year. I went to use the radio outside and the battery did not hold the charge at all...radio went dead. I really like the Mondo radio and bought one for my garage. Does not get moved often to be used a portable but when I did, the same thing happened. I assume if you 'cycled' the battery by using it in the portable mode often, it would last. If it sits on 'charge' for months on end, the battery pack goes dead maybe due to over-charging or parasitic drain. I know I won't buy another battery for my two radios. Way to expensive and a real disappointment when you want to carry the radio outside....and the battery is dead as a mackerel.
on March 16, 2017
I was having problems listening to Elvis Duran and the Morning Show on the radio alarm. The sound kept fading in and out with frequent hissing, depending on the weather, so I decided on an internet radio. THIS Grace Digital Wi-Fi Music Player with 3.5-Inch Color Display (GDI-IRC6000) (Black) IS AWESOME! It was easy to set up and even connected with my Pandora account. The alarm is fully programmable so my wife can listen to, say, Ocean Deep Sleep channel at night on Pandora using the sleep timer but when the alarm comes on it tunes itself to the radio station broadcasting Elvis. The sound is crystal clear with no hiss at all. I bought this rechargeable battery too so I can now take the radio anywhere in the Wi-Fi zone and listen to whatever I like. I recently heard the sound from a Bose portable speaker and the sound from this set was even better than that. if you're thinking about an internet radio, you won't be disappointed with this Grace. The battery itself would last all day and recharges itself when you plug it back in at night.
on May 24, 2015
Good battery, works well with correct voltage and amp ratings. However, it is NOT a Grace battery and I had to put a bit of cardboard in the radio cavity to keep it from being loose. Not a big deal, the price was right, but it was misleading to state it was "from Grace Digital" when it apparently is an after market product that happens to work well. I would have hesitated had I known this, and the loose fit irritated me though was easy to fix with the cardboard packaging. It is this that caused me to check the ratings as to voltage and amp rating, which seemed correct if you can believe what that says. It is probably a decent battery and does last many hours on a charge, but I do not like to be mislead. I opted to keep it as I wanted a battery and it seemed to work well and was not expensive. Just wanted others to know.
on October 21, 2013
I placed Apparently in quotes as part of my headline since I'm not sure if my Grace Mondo radio is at fault or the battery pack was simply DOA. Specifically, once the backup battery pack is plugged in the wifi radio's status screen is supposed to light an icon showing that the battery is on board. In my case I could never get the icon to illuminate. Twice I remade the connection, very carefully verifying that the tiny printed circuit board plug was properly engaging and fully seated on the circuit board pins. As well, I left the battery plugged in for several hours, but still no battery icon would show on the status screen.

The backup battery is a good idea, however I'm just reporting that beware that it comes with no instructions, it is difficult to plug into the circuit board due to its very tiny plug size and ultimately my radio icon would never illuminate.

At under 30 bucks there isn't too much at risk here, but don't consider this a slam dunk add-on. Fortunately, returns with Amazon are a breeze.
5 people found this helpful
on September 25, 2015
Great item, I don't know why I didn't order it sooner. I have had my Grace radio for a couple of years now and I really love it. When I wanted to bring it out to my patio, I would have to plug in with extension cord. Now I don't have to!

I also love how the battery charges when plugged in normally. The battery lasts a good long time, I can listen to it all night without any problem. At first, I would dim the display to conserve the power, but after experimentation I found out I don't really need to do that because the battery lasts so long. I much prefer the full lighted display on the screen! Very happy with this purchase.
|0Comment|Report abuse
I bought this radio for my Dad, http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YI9NTS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , and decided to get the battery for it, because it didn't come with it's own battery. This battery, was purchased, and delivered, and instantly put in the radio, and charged for hours.

When the radio was using the battery it didn't last even 6 hours, this morning it was dead, and had to be recharged. I see so many great reviews, maybe we got a dud, but this is bothersome to me, because it is not a cheap purchase, but I would think that we'd get more out of it than we have.
|0Comment|Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 19, 2014
I purchased a rechargeable battery pack from T&T Direct using Amazon on December 24 2013 and I didn't install the battery pack in the internet radio until 020314. The last date to return the faulty never worked item was on January 31 2014. Had I not had confidence in using Amazon's vendors I would immediately tried out my product. Feeling confident of my purchase I will now have to be more cautious of what I buy and that is not good and eventually I will become very dismayed of Amazon and its vendors. Don't get me wrong I have bought two more items since this last product and I am hoping I don't get disappointed again. In Conclusion, I am out of $29.00 dollars because I thought I would not need the return policy but I was wrong and I will now have second thoughts about purchasing from T&T Direct.
on July 14, 2015
Horrible charging circuit design in radio. Battery goes dead if left plugged in for a period of time. The radio is great, but the battery design and charging circuit it really bad. If you use the radio on the battery most of the time you'll be OK. ... but it you leave the radio plugged in for a few months and the battery connected, the battery will likely overcharge and be dead when you try to use it. Search the internet and Amazon reviews for more information on this.
on July 28, 2017
This battery did not last 3 years. In the last year, the battery provided fewer than 10 minutes of Grace radio operation. Now it has ceased to function all. I think that is very poor performance for a product that costs ~$30. I am going to try to use the connectors and purchase individual rechargeable cells to save money.

Edited a few minutes later.
First, I see that the Grace Digital ACC-IRCLI Rechargeable Battery Pack for Mondo and Mondo+ is now $40, not $30! And I have found a replace battery with a 1 year warranty for $20, at Amazon.