Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 5, 2016
I purchased this wireless speaker set after researching what was available. I wish I would have never bought this item. It worked good for 30 days and just like there was a 30 day timer built in the system, it became unreliable. Some times it would not work at all and then it would work for 10 mins and shut down. I tried to send it back but I was outside the 30 day return policy. So now I have a piece of junk!! I would not recommend buying this wireless system.
on July 10, 2015
If you are looking for some basic wireless speakers these work pretty good. They are not HD or stereo quality. I needed something to plug my Sirius radio home dock kit into and for taking around to different parts of the house. The range is pretty good. I can go anywhere in the house and yard and they work. They sometimes cut out for a split second but that is not a big deal. I did place some batteries in one of them and it did not power on seems to only work with the AC adapter which is ok I guess. They do go pretty loud so if using outdoors you should be okay. Again these are not for a audiophile type of person that really cares about perfect sound quality. I would have rather had black but that was out of stock when I ordered.
on February 9, 2013
Pros: I like the size and style
They come in black or white (I hate white electronics so this eliminated some competition)

Cons: The sound quality isn't as good as my last wireless speakers from Acoustic Research
For the price, my expectations were higher for sound quality and interference tolerance
You cannot buy just the transmitter from Grace (I had just a pair of speakers at first and I contacted them and they told me I would have to buy this set which I did (So I ended up with 4 speakers)
Within a few weeks it sounds like 2 of the 4 speakers are blown. They are distorted, muffled and sound bad. The other two still sound OK.
These still use analog signals just like the ones I bought 10 years ago from another brand, and these are prone to static and interference like those were.

Other thoughts: I really hoped with these being a "new" design from a newer player on the market that these would bring something new to the game. The transmitter for these work with my 10 year old wireless speakers from another company.

It looks like I'll be trying to replace the built-in 2 1/2 inch speakers myself with something of a better quality.

UPDATE: I have spent many hours fidgeting with these speakers. I have replaced the speakers with after market ones and then gone back to the stock ones. The end result: the enclosure is designed specifically around the speaker they use and finding an exact replacement was impossible for me. What I found was compatible and worked, but the way the enclosure is designed will only sound good with identical replacements. In the end I have 2 speakers that sound like carp, and 2 speakers that sound OK. I trashed the 2 defective speakers and considered them a waste of money. Unfortunately, I will not purchase again from this company.
on July 2, 2015
This is an ADD-ON order, so happy with the first set I bought a second. Easy to set up, plug n play, auto tune, I just love these speakers and the ease of set up and the SOUND, awesome. I set up the first set on my hubby's computer with one speaker outside on the deck and one speaker in the great room, can hear in the kitchen, my office, general living area. BUT, wanted more sound so I bought a second set, now I can have a transmitter on my computer, and an additional speaker in the garage and one actually in hubby's office to supplement his desk speakers. We do YouTube music vids every late afternoon while puttering indoors and outdoors. I am VERY, VERY happy with these purchases, wish I had found them sooner.
on August 8, 2014
Barely functional as it's designed. I bought this to get some music out on the deck from the main house AVR. Figured I'd test it in the house first...glad I did, 'cause as I said, it was barely functional. Whether they are plugged in or battery power, I couldn't get these speakers to work 10ft. away from the transmitter. Snap, crackle, pop, hiss, fuzz and strong white-noise background was the predominant sounds coming from both speakers. No amount of channel changing, battery changing, volume adjustments or hammer/chisel would work to get anything compared to a normal speaker sound - regardless of the distance from the transmitter. Then, when I placed them outside on the deck there was *nothing* audible...at full volume you had to lean into each speaker to hear anything. IMHO, these are worthless and I can't imagine WHERE you would use them?
on August 23, 2013
I want to extend my music from my stereo (Pandora streaming from a netbook into receiver) out to the balcony in my apartment, which is less than 20 ft. away and in a direct line of sight through a window. The product was well packed for shipping, has great instructions, seems to have good fit and finish, but performs poorly. At first I could not even get them connected to the dock, but once I plugged my iPhone in and turned it all the way up, I was able to get sound from them. One was consistently quieter than the other, no matter how it was adjusted. Lots of static from both; a pop or crackle about every 30-45 seconds. If I turned up the stereo high enough for these to function, I wouldn't need them as I would be able to hear the regular speakers outside (as would all my neighbors).

Although they worked marginally with an iPod/iPhone, there was still quite a bit of static. Sadly, I did not take the time to read the reviews or I probably would not have ordered them. Now I have to return them (the only downside to buying online).
on August 28, 2011
These speakers offer a great wireless solution in portable audio where power sources are not available. The sound quality is good depending on the device they are connected to. The base design is similar to most iPod cradles but uses a standard headphone plug making it compatible to any portable media player. I use them with my iPod Touch, Barnes & Noble Nook Color, Sansa Clip MP3 player, and as expansion speakers to my home stereo when I'm out by the pool. They are safe for outdoor and a little water doesn't hurt them, but I wouldn't leave them in the rain. The range is impressive, I've had them over 100 feet from the base without loosing signal, but they are succeptible to inteference. Each speaker uses 6 AA batteries and the base transmitter uses 4 AA. The set also comes with separate AC adapters. I have them loaded with rechargable batteries that gave me about 40 hours of play time. Each speaker has its own power button, volume controls, A/B channel selector, and light On/Off button. The base has a power switch and an A/B channel switch. I highly recommend them for picnics, camping, and other outdoor activities.
on April 5, 2014
I've purchased more expensive and bigger/heavier outdoor speakers but they finally gave out after a couple of years. I looked on Amazon a few days, read the reviews, and decided to give these speakersa try. I'm glad I didn't pay for expensive speakers again! These are light weight, good sound, perfect size for my outdoor table, and reach a good distance from the base control - I have them situated at least 30 feet from the base. I'm probably going to order a set as a Christmas present for my daughter since she also has an IPhone...and maybe another set for my indoor use. Well worth the purchase.
on May 17, 2012
Buy something else. I rarely write reviews, but just had to share this one.

Other than requiring 12 to 16 AAA batteries (unless you can use all 3 AC adapters) these functionally work ok. However, the sound quality is very poor. I didn't hook up a spectrum analyzer, but I suspect you get about 120Hz to maybe 1KHz. The bass is fair (not great, but what I would expect from small portable speakers). However, there's no high end, and the sound is really flat. I know outdoor speakers *can* sound good because I have a set of Bose which sound quite nice (not as amazing as indoor speakers, but still obviously capable of reproducing 80-16000Hz cleanly.
on April 14, 2016
The transmitter unit failed after a single season of use. Also, the transmission quality is poor and extensive interference can be heard at times. The connection between the transmitter and speakers also has a tendency to drop out randomly.