Grace Digital GDI-IRC6000R Wi-Fi Music Player with 3.5-Inch Color Display (Red)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Play music directly from the Internet without a PC or play your favorite computer files from your computer. Supports: AAC, AAC+, ADTS, AIFC, AIFF, CAF, MP3, NeXT, OGG , WAV, WMA,ASX, M3U, PLS,HTTP, HTTPS, RTSP, Apple Lossless, and FLAC 24-bit 96kHz files
- Play your digital music and enjoy crisp highs and deep base via the 3 inch woofer and 1 inch tweeter via the class D digital amplifier. Even wake to your favorite music via 7 separate alarms with built in adjustable sleep timer and large snooze bar
- Connectivity includes built in 802.11n Wi-Fi, Headphone, RCA line out, Aux-in, USB (to play flash drive music or optional Grace Digital Ethernet Adapter) with built in Battery Backup to save personal settings and Real-Time clock (RTC)
- Included accessories: Power Adapter, Remote Control, RCA to 3.5mm connector, user's guide. Download your free iPhone or android remote control app
- Optional Rechargeable Li-ion battery pack sold separately
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The Grace Digital Mondo Wi-Fi music player (GDI-IRC6000R) is a combination Internet radio and audio media streamer that brings all the audio content of the Internet from your broadband connection to your home or office. Listen to over 17,000+ radio stations including NPR on-demand, FOX news, CNN, BBC, CBS to KROQ, over 35,000 podcast, 20,000+ On-Demand streams or your personal Pandora radio stations - Free. In addition to the ability to play all the Free music in the world, music files from your PC, Mac, NAS or USB thumb drive are also easily accessed via the bright large 3.5-Inch TFT color backlight display. The Mondo also accesses additional Free and Pay music services such as DAR.fm, Live 365, MP3tunes, iHeartRadio, Weatherbug and SiriusXM Internet radio. The Mondo comes with a full featured remote control with direct access Pandora thumbs up and down buttons, aux input to connect additional music sources (such as an iPhone - not included), RCA outputs, USB jack to play USB saved music on a thumb drive or connect a Grace USB to Ethernet dongle (not included) and is compatible with the free Grace remote control App for iPhone/iTouch/iPad and Android phones. The Grace Mondo has 7 full discrete alarms to wake up to buzzer or your favorite preset. With the built in adjustable snooze bar/sleep timer wake or fall asleep to your favorite digital music. On the front of the radio there are 10 presets as well as media player buttons and direct access Pandora buttons to thumbs up/down, skip or pause Pandora music. The headset jack is conveniently located on the side. For the ultimate in portability the Grace Mondo provides a built in lithium Ion battery charger. The battery pack (sold separately) provides up to 6 hours of true portable music. Listen to all of your digital music anywhere in your home or office - with Grace.
From the Manufacturer
The Grace Digital Mondo
Wi-Fi Music Player and Internet Radio
The Grace Mondo Wi-Fi Music Player is Grace Digital's latest Internet radio with a class leading 3.5" Color display. Enjoy vivid colorful station or album art while listening to your tunes and effortlessly navigate through the icon based menu system. Listen to over 50,000 free radio stations and endless on-demand content from around the corner to around the world, including NPR, FOX news, BBC, iHeartRadio, CBS and more. In addition, get access to premium Free music services such as Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Dar.fm or premium pay services such as SiriusXM Internet Radio, Pandora One, and Live365 VIP.
Over 50,000 FREE Radio Stations
The Mondo Wi-Fi Music Player is an all-in-one advanced tabletop radio. Listen to thousands of free Internet radio stations, podcast and on-demand content--no computer needed. Connects to any 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless router with an Internet connection in 5 minutes or directly to any Ethernet jack via the optional USB to Ethernet dongle (sold separately). Play music directly from the Internet or stream your audio files from your PC or Mac via any standard UPnP server software like Windows Media Player. While setup is effortless, the Grace Radio supports advanced features such as WEP and WPA1/2 passwords, standard or hidden SSID's, DHCP, Mac address filtering, or static IP addresses. The built in handle and optional battery pack (sold separately) allows the Mondo to be at home on your nightstand or your backyard patio. >>Learn more about available content for the Grace Digital Mondo Internet radio.
High Contrast Color LCD Display
Choose all of the radio features from a vivid, easy-to-read color class leading 3.5" LCD screen allowing you to quickly access what you want, when you want it. The station list is searchable by station name / call sign, location, genre or add you own station and store up to 110 stations for easy access. You can save 10 one-button presets and 100 stations in your 'my stations folder'. The Mondo really makes listening to Internet radio as easy and enjoyable as possible. >>See larger image
Connect To All Of Your Audio Sources
The built-in media player wirelessly streams your saved music from your PC, MAC, or NAS with support for MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, AIFF, Apple lossless, even 24/96 Flac files. You can also expand your listening experience with the L/R RCA outputs to connect to your home stereo. The built-in Aux-in jack connects to an iPhone, mp3 player or CD player. A USB jack plays music from a thumb drive, or connect to Ethernet via a Grace USB to Ethernet dongle (sold separately). >>See larger image
100% Portable Wi-Fi Radio
Listen to the over 50,000 free radio stations inside or outdoors. The Wi-Fi radio can be powered by an AC adaptor or the Grace rechargeable battery pack (not included). With over 12 hours of battery play time, move your radio from room to room or take outside to enjoy your day. >>See larger image
7 Alarms and Programmable Snooze Bar
Set up to 7 separate alarms to play any of your 10 presets or back up buzzer. The alarm options are: one time only, same day every week, weekends only, week days (5-day alarm), or daily (7-day alarm). Programmable snooze bar allows you customize the number of minutes you prefer to snooze. (All alarm and radio settings are programmed into the internal memory in the event of a power outage). >>See larger image
Full-Function Remote Control
With the included full-function remote control you'll be able to control all the features of the Mondo Wi-Fi music player. Save or select one of your 10 preset stations, search for new stations, skip songs, even provide thumbs up/down, skip or pause Pandora from any location in your room.
Rechargeable Battery Pack
The Mondo features a built-in battery recharging circuit to recharge a Grace Digital lithium-ion battery pack--providing 100% portability with up to 12 hours of play at average volume levels on a single charge. (The rechargeable battery is sold separately.)
Located under the 'Settings' menu are the equalization controls. You can boost your highs and raise your lows to fine tune the Mondo's audio performance to your personal taste.
Remote Control iPhone App
The Grace Remote control application allows you to go where no IR remote has gone before. Control one or more of your Grace Internet radios from your iPhone / iPad, Android phone, or tablet.
The Grace Digital Mondo Plays All the Popular Audio Formats
ACC, AIFF, Apple lossless, AU, FLAC, HE-AAC(ACC+), MP3, OGG Vorbis, WAV, WMA
>>Learn more about supported protocols for the Grace Digital Mondo Internet radio.
What's in the Box?
- Grace Mondo Wi-Fi Music Player
- Remote control with batteries
- Power adapter
- RCA to mini cable
Which Grace Digital Internet Radio is Right for You?
|Top Feature||Connect the Internet to your stereo||Table top for any room in your home||High resolution 3.5" color display||Stereo sound with built-in sub||Highest audio quality to your stereo||Great sound and vintage good looks||Replace your stereo system|
|RCA Stereo Inputs / Outputs||No / Yes||Mini-Jack Aux-in / No||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes||No / Yes||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes|
|iPhone/Android Remote Compatible|
|Play USB Thumb Drives*|
|External Speaker Post|
|Digital Stereo Output|
|FM Receiver w/Antenna|
|Ethernet Connection||Optional Dongle**||Optional Dongle**||Built-in RJ45||Optional Dongle**||Optional Dongle**|
|Number of Presets on Radio / Remote||10 / 10||10 / 10||10 / 10||10 / 100||12 / 9||10 / 10||10 / 10|
|My Stuff Presets||100||100||100||100||100||100||100|
|*The USB jack supports Smartphone (iPhone, Android, etc.) charging, plays music from a USB thumb drive and supports the Grace USB to Ethernet connection for a wired connection. |
Top customer reviews
I have owned other internet radios, including a Sanyo R227 and have used iPod Touch and smartphones to listen to internet radio. I once used Sirius XM in the house for a couple of years (still use it in the car). I've had countless FM radios, shortwave radios, high-sensitivity AM radios, and even many scanner radios. But none could provide the width and depth of information and entertainment that this unit does -- and as easily as it does it.
Basically, the Mondo will pick up just about anything in the world, including every single AM and FM station anywhere near me (and it knows what those are from your IP address). It can tune in thousands upon thousands of podcasts. It can easily find and provide any kind of music you want, including many channels without advertising.
I am an OTR (old time radio) fan -- not the music, but the drama, comedy, western, sci-fi, mystery, and other shows from the 30s through the 50s. Scores of internet broadcasters provide non-stop OTR around the clock, and using Grace's relationship with Reciva, I can quickly find and save many old-time broadcasters to listen to on the Mondo. (I was introduced to Reciva with the Sanyo, and it has a user-friendly, efficient, uncluttered website that lets you search for and sample tens of thousands of stations with your home computer, and then program them into your Mondo.)
Aside from internet channels, there's Pandora, the free music (and comedy) system that works very well on the Mondo, enabling you to create customized channels in almost infinite variety.
"Little things" I like:
* The bright, colorful screen (not boring like monochrome, text-only screens -- which are so 20th Century and difficult to read)
* Earphone jack on side toward front; if you use radio bedside, as I do, and listen to radio at night with an earphone, you want it to be easy to connect and disconnect earphones; radios with plugs in the rear are just awful for this.
* The ability to use a battery (though the required optional battery, in my opinion, is overpriced). It's very cool to be able to easily move the radio and enjoy its sounds anywhere within range of your wi-fi. There is a built-in finger handle to make carrying easy.
* Size: Not too big, not too small. Just right.
* Controls: work smoothly, solidly and do not feel cheesy.
* Volume control: It's a knob atop the set, an odd location, but at least it is a knob instead of those annoying, hard-to-use buttons found on many sets, including the Sanyo.
* Pandora: This radio works very well with Pandora, and even has the ability to thumbs up/down selections (though sometimes I get a message that the thumbing service is not available -- don't know why).
* NOAA: Many of the VHF weather channels have been preprogrammed into this unit so you can listen to NOAA weather broadcasts all over the country (and Canadian versions, too). Unfortunately, a few are miscalibrated. When I try to listen to the Connecticut NOAA station that's listed, it returns a Minnesota station.
* Remote: Unit comes with a remote, which you might think is unneeded, but which I use a lot, especially for the fact that it has all 10 memory keys; the radio itself has only five plus a shift key to get you 6 to 10. Some people complain it's too big; I like the size. The little ones, like the Sanyo remote, are easy to lose.
* Input and output jacks, if you want to increase its sound quality or usefulness.
* Setup: It was really quick and easy.
Things that could be better:
* Sound: It's good, clear and crisp -- and, of course, digital -- but I wish it were a bit richer. The sound is adjustable, by the way, with a modest equalizer.
* Buttons, such as memories, should be backlighted. This is a great bedside radio -- but that means it may be used a lot in the dark. (I find myself using the remote in the dark because the keys are light-colored, and the screen gives off enough light so I can see the keys!)
* Screen fonts: could be bigger for my geezer eyes. On many channels, including Pandora, you are told what is playing, but if your eyes ain't great, you have to get up close.
Grace is a good company to deal with. My old Allegro recently had a problem connecting to stations. I called the Grace Company and they quickly determined and resolved the problem by sending me a new power cord with no charge. Problem solved! That's the kind of service that keeps customers coming back.