Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gracious Living 96550-2C Multi-Use Shelving Kit
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on September 21, 2011
I recently moved into a home that had no type of storage in the utility room & was looking for something exactly like this to put over the washing machine. Now I have a place to store the laundry detergent, bleach, stain remover, dryer sheets and a few other miscellaneous items. So far, I have put a large jug of liquid laundry detergent (about 1 1/2 gallons), a gallon size bottle of bleach, a gallon size bottle of vinegar, a bottle of stain remover, a couple of boxes of dryer sheets, a large box of baking soda and even 2 dozen 5 1/2 ounce sized cans of cat food, plus a few other items on these shelves without any problems. The unit is holding everything steady without any bowing or wobbling.

My husband & I was able to put together and set up this unit without any problems in about 20 minutes. However, this job was definitely easier to accomplish with two people, especially for a shorter woman (like myself), since the legs of the unit extends up to the ceiling. I did have to re-adjust the lower shelf a couple of times in order to get the correct height that would allow enough space for the washing machine door to fully open, but that was easy enough to accomplish. I like the fact that you can adjust the heights of the shelf to your personal preference. The are no predetermend settings. You just adjust the shelf to the desired height, then tighten the wing nut to hold it in that positiion.

The spacing between the bars on the shelf is about 2 inches wide. To remedy that situation, I use a piece of thick, clear vinyl (that I purchased at Walmart for under $4/yard) to keep any smaller items from falling through the gaps.

I have been using this unit for about a month now and it has been performing perfectly. I like it so well that I am planning on purchasing a second unit to put over the dryer to increase the storage area even more.
on January 25, 2011
I really love the fact that this shelving unit allows me to install shelves temporarily in my laundry area; however, it is very difficult to install and make level. It was a two-person job, and the butterfly screws used to adjust the height sheared off on installation! I have contacted the company for replacement parts, but have received no response. I am now a bit afraid to store much on the shelves, as I don't want the unit to crash down on us. Wish I could rate this higher, as it's a great concept!
on October 31, 2011
I purchased this as a cheap alternative to Ikea's "Stolmen" shelving system. It was easy to put together, but I needed my husband's help on a step stool to complete installation because our ceilings are so high.

Just be aware that the slats are kind of far apart and they are round so loose items tend to fall through the cracks. My plan is to get some medium-weight place mats or some trays to help prevent that.

My main disappointment is that it only comes with two shelves, and there is no option to purchase extras.
on February 26, 2012
We bought this in 2010 and it's still holding up very well. We have a small pantry. How small is it you ask? It is so small ants do not go in there because they feel claustrophobic. So we got this rack and built it around the dryer. It is sturdy and strong enough to hold towels and blankets and a bunch of pet supplies. I think we only put about 10 to 20 pounds on this. It is adjustable by height and width and easy to assemble. The only drawback is the price.
on August 28, 2010
We have enjoyed the shelving kit. It keeps the cleaning supplies off the floor and off the dryer! The laundry room is much neater.
on March 12, 2011
I would recommend this to anyone considering it. I needed something adjustable not just in overall height, but with adjustable shelves too. My laundry area is in my basement which has a lower ceiling height and no "in wall" plumbing, so I needed something that was able to get around the pipes too. Since this unit has only two legs it works perfect. Also each shelf can be placed exactly where you want it - meaning there are no preset holes requiring you to "settle" with an undesirable shelf setting. You can also adjust the overall width of the entire thing and get more or less shelf shelf space.

I really like that the shelves hold a lot of weight without any problem. I buy only the Costco size liquid laundry products and on just one shelf I have two types of soap, bleach and fabric softener. This is super handy as I like having everything right there when I am doing a load of laundry.

Comes with two S hooks that you can put anywhere. I use mine to hang hosiery and lingerie bags.

Overall it is a great product and because of all the adjustments in comes with - it is very customizable.
on August 12, 2011
it's a little bit hard to put together - ours took about 4 tries to get it screwed in tight enough to hold to the ceiling, and we ended up having to use a piece of cardboard between the pole and the ceiling. once it's in though, it's a great product. really saved our tiny, cramped laundry nook!
on September 11, 2011
This shelving unit has organized lots of products and has conquered clutter in that area. Because our laundry is in the basement and has an uneven floor, the top bracket was screwed into the ceiling. One bit of advice: put a towel or rug (or something flat) across the shelving rungs-- this makes for a more stable shelf. I have had this up for nearly a year and am very pleased with it.
on August 31, 2011
Overall this Gracious Living 96550-2C Multi-Use Shelving Kit fits exactly how it was described. It went into a tight laundry closet where no other shelf would fit and it is not tipping over. However I would like it more if the shelves were more flat or had less gaps between the rungs. But it allows me to have a desperately needed shelf so to that end it is perfect.
on April 12, 2010
I like the product and it serves the space well. The only problem I have with it, the shelves have too much space between the spokes, small items fall right through and some other items tend to tilt due to the space. Other than that, it's good.