Graco Contempo Highchair, Rittenhouse (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Plastic, Polyester
- No assembly required ready to use out of the box
- Soft infant head support keeps baby comfortable
- Premium padded leatherette seat pad wipes clean
- Dishwasher safe, pull out tray insert for quick, easy clean up
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- Compact, flat fold fits in your closet
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
What I like:
1) The print blends nicely with our kitchen decor.
2) I love that there are two chair pads and I can wash them on gentle cycle in cold water and air dry. They come out beautifully. Being able to take the pad off allows for me to clean in all the underside nooks and crannies where things like cheerios hide. Another review I read said that it is hard to clean but I disagree. Taking the pads off is not intuitive but when the directions are followed to a T it is surprisingly easy. We lost our instruction manual but I was able to print a new one from the GRACO webpage so I can refresh my memory if I need to.
3) This really does fold fairly flat - much needed for our small space. We were even able to fold it and put it in our van and take it to our in-laws for the holidays last year.
4) We can pull this chair right up to our kitchen table when the tray isn't attached and our little guy loves being at the table with everybody.
5) There have been complaints about the straps. I haven't had problems with the straps - they've been fine.
What I didn't like:
1) Our baby's arm kept getting caught between the chair and the top of the leg rests. He was never hurt - it just startled both of us! There are other reviews describing this same problem. We resolved it my rolling up a receiving blanket and putting it in the space. Now that he is bigger - just turned one - it is no longer an issue for him. However, it should not have been an issue at all in the first place. This issue is why I gave the chair four stars instead of five. If Graco could fix this design flaw this would be an outstanding high chair.
Now using it to feed solids to 6 months old.
Good things about the chair:
+ really does fold pretty flat in a matter of seconds
+ the tray can be attached to the chair when it is stored flat, so no extra space required
+ inner tray is removable, seamless - very easy to rinse off.
+ the fabric is soft and wipes easily. (did not have to do any serious washing yet)
+ the chair reclines, great for younger infants and/or when giving a bottle
+ The tray slides in 3 position - closer or further from the baby.
+ the seat itself slides up and down (easily!), so the height of the chair can be adjusted depending on what you need.
I don't find any huge negatives, but some things are so-so:
-the chair has pretty big footprint, but I suppose it has to for stability
- when folding the chair, the tray has to be removed first and then reattached for storage - slightly annoying.
- I do wish the tray would be a swing-out tray. I can't say it's a negative, I knew what I was getting! Just realizing that swing out tray will be easier with an older child.
- the belts are a little awkward to manipulate, but they do the job.
overall - happy with this chair!
- Back rest has 3 positions to adjust
- Height of the chair can be adjusted. When your baby grows you can adjust the height to make her sit along with around the dinner table
- Convenient storage. Chair once closed stands up upright without having the support of the wall. It can stored in tiny corner
- No assembly required comes as one piece
On Cons I think its pricey. I bought it because it matches our decor (black and white). Also the shoulder straps does not have an option to move vertically (up and down). Our baby is a tall girl hence she slides to the corner since the straps don't hold her well. The chair roller does not slide sideways.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've used it with my son since 2011 and now my daughter and chair keeps in great shape. I might need to buy a new cover but I believe this chair was well built and has kept fine!Published 8 months ago by Charlie's Mom
This Highchair is beautiful and very functional. I highly recommend!Published 16 months ago by cndrla
Love this highchair. East to wash, set up, nice design and easy to put away.Published 20 months ago by Melissa
I got this highchair for my granddaughter and using it now for my grandson it really great highchair the brown is really sharp great looking in the house. Read morePublished on April 19, 2014 by cassandra g newman
My little one has been using this chair for more than 2 years now and it has held up very well. Although it did take me more than 6 months to figure out that I could take the... Read morePublished on April 11, 2014 by T Warren
We have been using this high chair for my daughter for over a year and it's served us really well. It folds up really flat, which is great for our NYC apartment. Read morePublished on February 24, 2014 by JG
Great chair, no assembly, easy to use. Solid construction, easy to keep clean and several recline/adjustment options. Great for the price. Read morePublished on November 16, 2013 by M. Disher
This is fabulous we have bought others in the past and none has lived up to our expectations other than this and I would recommend to anyone
GREAT VALUE !