Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on March 14, 2011
What a piece of junk! When used with the a/c wall adapters, both receivers produce an unbearable amount of buzzing static. No amount of re-routing of cords or switching outlets fixed the problem. Tried both channels with no improvement. Tried the wall adapters from our old monitors. Nothing helped. The static is so loud that you can barely hear the baby stirring, and don't even think about falling asleep with the noise. The only way to reduce the static to a bearable level is to unplug the a/c adapters and use the receivers on battery power. And there is still a moderate amount of static when used on battery power.

We chose this monitor because we used and liked the older model "ultra clear vibe" analog monitor by Graco, now discontinued. This is the updated version of the inexpensive analog monitor that we liked and we had hoped the only change was going to be the updated look. What a disappointment. We will be returning this item as soon as we can get the batteries out. That leads to another complaint, the three AAA batteries (not included) fit too tightly in the battery compartment and are nearly impossible to remove without using prying tools. The older model had a battery-pull ribbon to help you get the batteries out for recharging; this model has none.

Would have rated this item zero stars if possible.
on February 13, 2011
no reception regardless of where the monitor and receivers are placed. do yourself a favor and spend a little more to get a good set, these are worthless and are getting trashed.
on March 18, 2012
We did not have a problem with static, and the night light is perfect for night feedings. However, there is no access to the batteries without a tool, and this does not recharge in a docking station like my older Graco. So, rechargable batteries last uh, about 2 hours. Barely one nap for an infant. I am not interested in charging batteries every day while taking care of a newborn and a toddler. Return!
on December 13, 2011
We received this monitor at our baby shower and have been using it-- and loathing it-- for 6 months now. Yes, the base unit has a blue light that makes a good nightlight, and yes, it comes with two monitors. Whoop-di-doo. It creates so much static I can hardly sleep with it next to my head at times. Every time a plane goes by overhead, or a truck, or-- seriously-- when my DOG walks by at a certain angle, the static flares up.

We've tried unplugging everything from the microwave to the wireless router. We've checked with our neighbors to see if they had monitors that might be causing interference. Nothing. It's just a piece of crap.

It's buzzing and crackling on the table next to me right this minute. I kind of want to smash it.

Come on, Graco. It's a microphone and a speaker. It's not complicated technology.

We were hesitant to buy a new one since so many monitors get iffy reviews, but we're finally (FINALLY!) going to try the AngelCare sound monitor. I cannot wait to throw this thing in the trash.
on January 21, 2013
I should have heed the warnings - but I didn't and I regret it. This is a dreadful monitor. I bought it 3 days ago before checking out the reviews. I was at the store and they had a limited selection and I figured that my first Graco monitor (Secure Coverage Digital Monitor with 2 Parent Units) served us faithfully for 5 years! - so it was a safe bet. I bought it and plugged it in and it worked fine! I was a little cautious though, due to the crappy reviews on Amazon so we saved the packaging. My husband commented that he liked the vibrate feature and we were satisfied. Here we are on day 3 and overnight, the static/interference amplified! It is unbearable! We have had to turn it off. Unfortunately the packaging ended up in the recycle and is gone so we can't return it to the store where we purchased it. So I have contacted Graco to make arrangements to return the unit to them directly. I am disappointed.
on May 19, 2012
We brought our new daughter home and I decided to open up the baby monitor that someone had given us as a shower gift. As soon as I turned it on, there was a loud buzzing noise coming from both receivers. No matter where the receivers or transmitters are located, there is ALWAYS a loud buzzing noise. It's like standing near an electrical transformer or a powerful electrical fence (two things you shouldn't do!). The buzzing almost went away at the lowest volume setting, but then I couldn't hear the baby. At the loudest setting, I could hear the buzzing anywhere in the house. Other reviewers stated that the buzzing is caused from power adapters plugged in nearby. That was not the case for me - the transmitter was the only thing plugged in her room and it still buzzed. I promptly returned the monitor and bought a NTM-910YLW - Sony Baby Call Nursery Monitor and I'm glad I did. No more buzzing, it has better range, better audio quality, and did I mention no more buzzing!
on July 31, 2011
Yes, the monitor has some static, depending on where it is placed. But I can still hear even the slightest noises my infant makes. And the volume goes really load, so I can hear it even in the other room. I really like the blue light on the monitor. Its bright enough to be used as a night light. I've used this monitor in two houses, in two states...never had a problem with it not working in any outlets nor had any problems it not working in some areas of the house. Great for us. And great if all you need is a monitor to work in the next room or downstairs.
on March 30, 2011
If Amazon would finally allow zero stars, that's what this monitor would get. As with other reviewers, all we hear is static. Walk in front of the parent unit, static. Have it plugged into an outlet with another item plugged in, static. Have anything electrical at all within 20 feet of the unit, static. I can't believe that Graco isn't aware of this issue, yet they continue to sell this monitor. We also have an Angel Care monitor for our son, and this works perfectly, never had an issue. I only wish I hadn't tried to save money with buying the Graco for our daughter, because I'm now going to buy another monitor anyway, and this is going directly into the TRASH.
on May 4, 2014
This unit worked good for a little while. I would use it outside to do chores while my lo was sleeping. There was alot of interference when you got close to anything. Now after 3 months of use one parent monitor will not work at all. The second one will only work when plugged into the outlet. No going far with this monitor. This is useless. NO more Graco products in my house.
on October 10, 2011
My son is almost one year old and until recently I was using the AngelCare monitor set, a VERY nice product! Unfortunately I dropped the parent monitor and broke the adapter to it. I had received this Graco set at my baby shower, so I decided to try it. There is so much static interference with this product that I cannot even hear my son when he's crying at the top of his lungs, which was never a problem with the AngelCare set. Don't waste your money on this set, go with the AngelCare, it's worth the extra money and the peace of mind so you can sleep too!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.