Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

Grado Headphone Replacement Cushion "L" (genuine replacement - pair)
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 26, 2018
I was reticent to order these Grado ear cushions without more information. I own the original Grado 60's with the thin cushions that cover the entire inner driver surface. I also have the original Grado 80's with a thicker cushion and no material over the drivers. The 80's cushions disintegrated with age. I was happy to find that these are the Grado 80 style cushions. The thicker cushion is supposed to hold the driver slightly farther from your ear and improve the bass. They are also slightly stiffer and less comfortable than the thinner Grado 60 style. Since I needed a replacement for my Grado 80 ear cushions, I am completely satisfied with these replacements. They will fit the 60's or 80's. If you just want something soft to keep the hard plastic driver off your ear, a cheaper cushion might be fine. I am a stickler for detail, and was glad to find an identical replacement for my Grado 80's. The lower phones in the picture are the replacement cushions discussed in this review. The upper phones are the original Grado 60's and cushions.
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 22, 2015
I bought a set of these based on the high number of 5-star reviews. After using them for a week with my beloved SR60s, I promptly returned them. Why? The foam is much harder and more dense than the original cushions. Maybe it's the shape of my ears or head, or maybe it's the fact that I wear glasses, but the pads never conformed to any of those things. As a result, the driver ended up being farther away from my ear, not closer as some reviews would have you believe. This meant I had to turn the volume up quite a bit higher than normal, and instead of the warm, rich sound I previously had, I was stuck with a tinny, nearly bass-free sound. Orchestral music that sounded fantastic before was rendered unlistenable. I wanted to like these — to have something different that would supposedly improve the performance of an already-great pair of headphones. Instead, the headline says it all...
on November 16, 2015
My second pair of these, and for good reason. I got some to repl ones on m 60's which had gone flakey after long years. Then I'm at an estate sale, and snapped up a pair of 80's as a throw-in with another purchase. The pads were shedding, so I put the ones from my 60's on 'em and put some liquid tape to hold one earpiece rod (cap missing). Jeez they sound as great as the 60's! So I got new pads. Now I need to A-B the 60's and 80's. I've read the drivers are same, but some folks hear a difference betwixt 'em. It could be they are simply prouder because they cost more.
I read about these in a forum. They were represented as improving the sound of Grado SR 80s. I have the 80e model. I do like the sound better than when I use the stock ear pads. I wrapped the outside with Scotch tape, which is a common mod.
on March 20, 2016
I own a pair of Grado Prestige Series SR80e stereo headphones. They came with Grado S Ear Cushions. I love the sound! I didn't think the sound could be improved until I read that replacing the S ear cushions with Grado L ear cushions would further improve the sound clarity. Sure enough it does. So now an excellent sounding pair of headphones has been made even better!
on February 9, 2018
Rather different than the full coverage style that came originally with the SR-60's these are stiffer foam with an open center area. More comfortable on the ears, fitting around the ears, rather than on the ears. A good upgrade with no change in sound quality from the headphones. Worth the price.
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 8, 2017
They're kind of expensive and they don't last for long before they crumble and leave black dust everywhere. But they're great and I know of nothing better for the grados.
on March 18, 2017
Proper replacement for my Grado phones. I was annoyed, though, that the originals began disintegrating into dust after only four years. Maybe that's normal for this kind of foam. Anyway, I'm back in business now.
on February 27, 2008
My original Grado SR-60 pads sounded great, but they were very uncomfortable. I replaced the pads with a set of cheap replacement pads from Radio Shack. After those wore down after extended use, I opted for a set of Sennheiser HD414 pads. These pads were comfortable and the best sounding, but being bright yellow, they weren't very sexy. I decided to give the Grado L-Cush pads a shot, and I've been very pleased with them so far. They sound great (not as profound as the Sennheiser pads due to the design) and they are very comfortable to wear for extended periods. The only problem I see with these pads is the fact that they will eventually dry and crumble, but for $16 a pop that's not a terrible amount of money to spend on a new set of pads every once in a while. On the plus side, they're not yellow! I haven't used my C-Moy headphone amp for a while, but I might have to dust it off and try them out with these pads. Overall, if you suffer from uncomfortable earpads and would like to enjoy music, movies or games through your Grado cans pain free, give these a try. I also recommend the Grado extension cord as well.
on February 2, 2016
Genuine pads. High quality unlike other cheaper offerings. Greatly affects sound. Totally changed the sound on my old sr80's back to what they were before i switched to the yellow sennheiser pads. They sound really Grado bright again. Not sure im used to that but the pads themselves are genuine.