Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 31, 2014
I wanted something that would serve multiple functions, be able to sit on a counter, help me organize and look nice. I purchased white to match my kitchen cabinets. This unit is solid and heavy. I liked that I could label the cubbies to suit my needs. I could also take out a slot for a cubbie so instead of 8, I have 7, one of which is larger. The side bin works for pens and scissors. The bottom shelf can hold a small book, tablets, coin purse, glasses, etc.. The hooks work fine for my keys (some reviewers said they were too curved). I put some felt pads on the bottom so I could slide the unit to access both sides and so it wouldn't scratch my counter.
Legal sized envelopes stick out a few inches. I keep the unit quite full and it still looks cluttered but is well used and helps me manage and organize my incoming mail. I did not give it 5 stars because the craftsmanship is not precise. For example, the corners do not match up. If you are looking for something that is more refined than utilitarian, this may not be the piece for you.
on May 3, 2013
After reading reviews on the wood finish not matching peoples' expectations, we opted with the white painted finish. There are some craftmanship issues with it -- naming slots not very level, shelves not cut perfectly, and the key holders are just hooks that are far too angled in to be useful without bending them outwards yourself with some pliers.

Other than that, the function is great. It wasn't as large or deep as I was worried of, and fits well over our laundry room tub, making it a great use of space that's easily accessible and holds all our mail/coupons/etc that cleaned off our messy counter. I've also started making a habit of setting my wallet/keys/sunglasses on it, making me less forgetful after coming home from work or the store.

I wish the wall-fastening clips were cavities in the back of the unit you could just set on some screws to make them hidden. Instead, the fasteners are standard picture frame fasteners that you can actually see if you don't hang this organizer high enough. Not a big deal, but thought I'd mention it.
on March 20, 2014
I first saw this in Acorn catalog & wanted it; but it was $80.00. Just found it on Amazon, so I grabbed it. Yes it is sturdy, no pressed sawdust n glue. The white goes with my shelves & kitchen decor. I do wish; however, that it was deep enough to accommodate the legal size envelopes. I definitely wouldn't pay more than I did; but as my title summarizes, there's more I like about it then I dislike. I would buy this as a house warming gift for anyone & would recommend it. Do wish I had color choices though.
on January 23, 2017
Sorter arrived in good shape and is sized and built as expected. Seems pretty solid. I really like it for sorting my art supplies. If you are planning to hang it on the wall, I would get heavier duty hangers than it comes with, but that's just me. I would recommend.
on April 27, 2016
Perfect just as described. Solid construction easy assembly.
on June 6, 2013
This is a neat organizer. Nothing to put together, comes right out of the box. They also provide papers that you can drop into the slots naming your cubbie. Not deep enough to hold business size envelopes without sticking out but most bills are paid on line anyway. Mine is a glossy white finish perfect for where it is.
on January 7, 2014
This "mail sorter" has done everything I hoped it would do...organize my bills which are "yet to be paid" from other mail.
on June 3, 2013
I really like this little organizer - very sturdy. Love the key hooks and that it's heavier on the bottom so it doesn't tip or move around a lot.
on April 11, 2014
Solid piece of equipment. Very sturdy. I would definitely recommend it. It arrived faster than I thought it would as well. I'm also glad no assembly was required.
on November 16, 2013
This product is just as advertised. There is no paint issue, I bought the white version. I checked the dimensions in the description and it fit perfectly. I would recommend this to friends, just be cognizant of the size, it is big.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.