From the Back Cover
Free one-year access to practice questions online:
- All 1,001 practice questions online — from easy to hard
- Track your progress, see where you need more help, and create customized question sets
- Study what, where, and when you want
- 1,001 grammar practice questions
- Detailed answers and explanations for every question
1,001 questions with detailed solutions
This handy guide, with free access to online practice questions, gives you 1,001 opportunities to hone your English grammar skills. You begin with basics such as verb tenses, move on to descriptive phrases and clauses, tackle mechanics of punctuation, and finish up with challenging word pairs and incorrect expressions. Use the overview of common mistakes and online questions to perfect your grammar in a flash!
- Time travel — identify verbs, choose correct tenses, find out how to handle irregular verbs, and much more
- Plurals of nouns and pronouns — find out when to use plurals of nouns and pronouns and sort singular and plural pronouns
- Beyond the basics — discover how to distinguish between adjectives and adverbs, place adjectives, hyphenate descriptions, and more
- (More) practice makes perfect — use your free one-year subscription for on-the-go access to all 1,001 practice questions online
Go beyond the book.
Get online and find:
- A free one-year subscription to all questions
- On-the-go access any way you want it — from your computer, smartphone, or tablet
- Multiple-choice questions on a variety of grammar issues
- Customizable practice sets for self-directed study
- Personalized reports that track your progress and show you where you need to study the most
- Practice problems categorized as easy, medium, or hard
About the Author
Geraldine Woods teaches English and directs an independent study program for gifted students at the high school level. She has more than 25 years of teaching experience and has helped students prepare for the SAT for more than 30 years. She has written more than 50 books, including English Grammar For Dummies.