Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- More than 1200 cars on 33 locations with 71 different layouts
- Creating the most authentic true-to-life driving experience based on a fully enhanced suspension, tire, and aerodynamics model
- Create and customize your own race circuit on world renowned locations spanning several tens of square kilometers
- Form and manage your own communities & events from local, domestic to global
- Extend your Gran Turismo experience anywhere through Smart Phone, Tablet or PC
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Gran Turismo 6
From the Manufacturer
The next stage in the evolution of the world's most popular and comprehensive racing simulator is upon us. Gran Turismo 6, the latest installment in the highest-selling series, will reach stores this Holiday season. Known for blurring the lines between virtual and reality, the Gran Turismo series has revolutionized the racing genre in the last 15 years, allowing fans to drive the most prolific collection of cars on the world's most legendary racetracks. Gran Turismo 6 takes the real driving simulator experience to a whole new level.
Having set the standard for the racing genre in the last 15 years, the fully refined physics engine will create the most authentic true-to-life driving experience across more than 1200 vehicles on 33 locations with 71 different layouts.
- Largest Collection of Vehicles: More than 1200 cars on 33 locations with 71 different layouts
- New Physics Engine: Creating the most authentic true-to-life driving experience based on a fully enhanced suspension, tire, and aerodynamics model
- Course Maker: Create and customize your own race circuit on world renowned locations spanning several tens of square kilometers
- Online Race Organizer: Form and manage your own communities & events from local, domestic to global
- Mobile Device Compatibility: Extend your Gran Turismo experience anywhere through Smart Phone, Tablet or PC
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Another side note... This game will not work if you are using a ps4 controller with your ps3. Not the fault of the game obviously but something to mention.
1. Backup any save data file to PS Plus or on a USB drive and delete existing save data file from the PS3 prior to update process (If you don't have any progress, then you can skip this step.)
2. Within the Games tab of the XMB select Game Data Utility
3. Highlight GT6 Game Data and press the “Triangle" button and select DELETE (if there is no data, then go to the next step)
4. While connected to PSN, highlight the GT6 game disc/game file from the XMB
5. Press the “Triangle” button and select “Check for Updates”
6. Accept the update prompts and begin patch process via the XMB
7. Allow the first 6 patches to download and install.
8. Once the 6th patch has finished installing, press the “Circle” button to cancel the download process
9. Scroll left while on the XMB, and highlight the Settings Tab
10. Scroll down to the Network Settings tab>Internet Connection and select DISABLE (this step will prevent the title from trying to complete the remaining TPPS patch process)
11. Boot GT6 and follow the in-game prompts until the main menu appears. (this step will create new save data which will later be deleted)
12. Once the initial in-game installation process is complete, press the “PS” button and Quit the game to return to the XMB
13. Return to the Settings>Network Settings>Internet Connection screen and select ENABLE
14. Highlight the GT6 game disc/game file and press the “Triangle” button and “Check for Updates”
15. Once the first patch has completed it’s download/install process press the “Circle” button to Cancel
16. Repeat steps 10-15 until all TPPS patches have been installed.
17. Copy save data from step 1 back to the PS3 system (overwriting any existing save data that may have been created during the update process)
went home... couldn't get the game out of my mind and drove right back to buy the game and playstation console with the last of my money hahaha...
Anyway I've owned every Gran Turismo game released and they just keep getting better and better. I loved Gran Turismo because it had a Japanese feel to it.. Japanese cars, tracks.. music.. driving around in common sports cars that you see on the streets but I couldn't afford.. it was perfect..but they didn't make it total arcade like you were driving around on snes in fzero going bezerk speeds..felt real.
And then 3 came out... 4... 5... and the menu's got heavier... bulkier.. loading got slower.. tracks stayed the same.. super cars came in and that sort of hurt the franchise for me, now it was way over the top and felt bulky without style or life.. no more could I buy a Alcyone Subaru SVX... or Toyota Altezza..(granted they still have my miata in the game..)
Gran Turismo 6 is like a giant DLC of 5. I'm a huge fan like I said of GT series and they have made the menu WAY easier, and it looks better.. but it's the same stuff as 5.. sometimes I wish they'd come out with a Initial D stage version or something that focuses on the glory sports cars of the 80's and 90's.. throw in some stylish best motoring japan music and I can tell you - people will go nuts for the game..
Ok back on track to my review... it's a good buy if you're a fan of GT series especially if you don't have 6. Wish they had skipped this and focused on PS4 but.. guess that's for the next release (hence why I gave it 4 out of 5). And Forza? Xbox? Only if you insist on a Microsoft console. And the sound? Like others have said..it hasn't changed since 3 or 4... not a huge deal to me it's the control and feeling of the game that I'm more interested in.. aggressive AI.. fun factor.. but some of these challenges and super cars turn me off.. again just me and my opinion but if you're looking for something that is an improvement from 5..there's not much.