Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on January 9, 2013
I totally thought this would be much bigger than it is, came in a little bitty box and I though no way that can't be it, I opened it and my gosh. It's 1/5th the size they make it it look like. It has 1 chocolate bar, 2 small bags of candy, one very small box of candy and 2 hot chocolates. Not anything what the pic. Or description says I was really bummed out about it because of what I was LEd to believe it would look like. I could've saved myself a lot money
and disappointment by making my own Griradelly basket ....never again WILL I TRUST ONLINE PICS AND DECRIPTIONS EVER !!
on December 23, 2015
I am normally not at all one time bother writing reviews.

This gift is completely unacceptable given the impression you get when purchasing it. The picture makes it look much larger and decent than it actually is. To be stuck with this basket in a last minute situation for an important customer is quite sad. And the deceptive picture taking to give you the impression that this will be better than it is.

In addition - a number of the items were packed tight to the point that the boxes were crushed a bit which also obviously does not look good when giving it to someone. I certainly would never pay $36 for this (maybe $15). One can argue that this is worth it or not but simply I would personally not pay $36 for this basket given the impression it leaves.

I certainly would not have purchased this having known how this would turn out.
on May 28, 2008
I had sent this as an Anniversary gift for my brother and my sister-in-law, The gift was well appreciated and the assortment was good, with the gift basket being decorated well and no transit damage or defects observed.
I would have given this 5 stars had it not been for the fact that the time to customer, took nearly 2 weeks, which i felt was a bit on the higher side even by regular shipping mode.
This is more like 4.5 stars, its a great gift item, but remember to order well in advance, so that it will arrive on the date (time frame) that you intend.
on April 17, 2014
I ordered this as a gift and made it a point to call and ask whether it had arrived "intact" because of a couple of,reviews I read here, but there were no,problems at all. The packaging was reported to be quite presentable, everything was arranged nicely and looked "full," everything was actually there, and nothing was jostled around, the basket & bow were attractive, and the chocolate was goooooooooood. The "giftee" thought it was an impressive and unexpected present. "Pleasant and festive" were the words used. On this basis, it's something I'd order again when I want to send a thoughtful, last-minute and perhaps unexpected gift that needs to look halfway impressive for someone who likes chocolate, rare as such people may be. Ha!
on February 9, 2010
As a follow up to my review below - I emailed and called the merchant through Amazon's website and the merchant promptly emailed and called me back to apologize for their mistake and to immediately send me a replacement item. Apparently it was a mistake from their warehouse and not a third-party that put the items together. Kudos to the merchant for their fast and personal response to my issue!

So I meant to buy this basket for my sister for her birthday, but mistakenly shipped it to myself because of Amazon's easy one-click purchasing that I didn't even think about putting in the correct address. Once I figured out my mistake, the basket was already on the way to my house in California and rather than delay the basket further since it was for her birthday, I sent another one to her in Indiana.

When I received my "basket" it was a gift box with all the stuff in it wrapped in plastic wrap and NOT a basket. When my sister got her gift it was actually a wrapped basket with a bow and looked very much like the picture on Amazon. Totally weird but I guess [...] farms out the work to local merchants to put together. NOt sure why otherwise I would get a box and she would receive a beautiful basket for the same item ordered. I'm happy SHE got the pretty basket though.
on January 17, 2011
Ordered this for a sister - a true chocolate freak - for Christmas. The basket was as advertised, but there was absolutely no indication in the packaging as to who had sent the gift. My sister called Wine.com to see who had sent the basket and they refused to tell her. I'm fairly certain I had checked the box indicating this was a gift, but that was apparently ignored. Wine.com did send me an e-mail saying someone had called them to see who had sent the gift, but we both found the whole thing a little disappointing and something that didn't add anything to the Christmas experience. Wine.com, you should do better.
on December 19, 2017
One of my favorite chocolate!!
review image
on January 9, 2016
About $8 worth of chocolate and a basket that you can get at the dollar store. Be creative build your own, ship it and get twice the chocolate.
on June 8, 2014
This was a gift for a very dear friend and chocaholic. The chocolates were the very high quality treat you would expect from Ghiradelli chocolate company and a nice variety to boot.
on March 13, 2014
This Basket looks good in the picture but the items can be more updated. Some of the chocolate are too hard and dried out I couldn't eat them, I leave them for decoration. I wouldn't buy this gift basket again.
Wasn't satisfied. It was delivered on my door step on the day it say it would, luckily someone never saw it before me. For what in it, it could be much cheaper it was too expensive. But I guest if you don't have a next option you can give a try, but I wouldn't recommend it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.