Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on April 17, 2014
I ordered this as a gift and made it a point to call and ask whether it had arrived "intact" because of a couple of,reviews I read here, but there were no,problems at all. The packaging was reported to be quite presentable, everything was arranged nicely and looked "full," everything was actually there, and nothing was jostled around, the basket & bow were attractive, and the chocolate was goooooooooood. The "giftee" thought it was an impressive and unexpected present. "Pleasant and festive" were the words used. On this basis, it's something I'd order again when I want to send a thoughtful, last-minute and perhaps unexpected gift that needs to look halfway impressive for someone who likes chocolate, rare as such people may be. Ha!
on December 23, 2015
I am normally not at all one time bother writing reviews.

This gift is completely unacceptable given the impression you get when purchasing it. The picture makes it look much larger and decent than it actually is. To be stuck with this basket in a last minute situation for an important customer is quite sad. And the deceptive picture taking to give you the impression that this will be better than it is.

In addition - a number of the items were packed tight to the point that the boxes were crushed a bit which also obviously does not look good when giving it to someone. I certainly would never pay $36 for this (maybe $15). One can argue that this is worth it or not but simply I would personally not pay $36 for this basket given the impression it leaves.

I certainly would not have purchased this having known how this would turn out.
on January 9, 2013
I totally thought this would be much bigger than it is, came in a little bitty box and I though no way that can't be it, I opened it and my gosh. It's 1/5th the size they make it it look like. It has 1 chocolate bar, 2 small bags of candy, one very small box of candy and 2 hot chocolates. Not anything what the pic. Or description says I was really bummed out about it because of what I was LEd to believe it would look like. I could've saved myself a lot money
and disappointment by making my own Griradelly basket ....never again WILL I TRUST ONLINE PICS AND DECRIPTIONS EVER !!
10 people found this helpful
on May 28, 2008
I had sent this as an Anniversary gift for my brother and my sister-in-law, The gift was well appreciated and the assortment was good, with the gift basket being decorated well and no transit damage or defects observed.
I would have given this 5 stars had it not been for the fact that the time to customer, took nearly 2 weeks, which i felt was a bit on the higher side even by regular shipping mode.
This is more like 4.5 stars, its a great gift item, but remember to order well in advance, so that it will arrive on the date (time frame) that you intend.
9 people found this helpful
on March 15, 2011
We ordered this beautiful gift package and hoped it would arrive in time for our daughter-in-law's birthday. Since there was not a "second day" option, I followed up and queried the seller as to a more precise expected delivery date. To my surprise Wine.com came back and voluntarily upgraded it to a 2-day delivery status without any extra charge. It arrived today, nicely protected in the packing and beautifully presented. It is in ample time for us to put a little something with it and ship it on to Dallas where it will arrive ahead of the birthday. Outstanding service! And a good deed from the supplier, Wine.com!
One person found this helpful
on February 9, 2010
As a follow up to my review below - I emailed and called the merchant through Amazon's website and the merchant promptly emailed and called me back to apologize for their mistake and to immediately send me a replacement item. Apparently it was a mistake from their warehouse and not a third-party that put the items together. Kudos to the merchant for their fast and personal response to my issue!

So I meant to buy this basket for my sister for her birthday, but mistakenly shipped it to myself because of Amazon's easy one-click purchasing that I didn't even think about putting in the correct address. Once I figured out my mistake, the basket was already on the way to my house in California and rather than delay the basket further since it was for her birthday, I sent another one to her in Indiana.

When I received my "basket" it was a gift box with all the stuff in it wrapped in plastic wrap and NOT a basket. When my sister got her gift it was actually a wrapped basket with a bow and looked very much like the picture on Amazon. Totally weird but I guess [...] farms out the work to local merchants to put together. NOt sure why otherwise I would get a box and she would receive a beautiful basket for the same item ordered. I'm happy SHE got the pretty basket though.
2 people found this helpful
on February 14, 2014
Decent gift and was well recieved however there is definately not much chocolate for the price paid. I was suprised to see the size box it ws delivered in, pretty tiny. Picture makes it look much larger. Im sure the chocolate will be good as most Ghirardelli's is but wouldnt order again.
One person found this helpful
on January 17, 2011
Ordered this for a sister - a true chocolate freak - for Christmas. The basket was as advertised, but there was absolutely no indication in the packaging as to who had sent the gift. My sister called Wine.com to see who had sent the basket and they refused to tell her. I'm fairly certain I had checked the box indicating this was a gift, but that was apparently ignored. Wine.com did send me an e-mail saying someone had called them to see who had sent the gift, but we both found the whole thing a little disappointing and something that didn't add anything to the Christmas experience. Wine.com, you should do better.
3 people found this helpful
on December 19, 2017
One of my favorite chocolate!!
review image
on January 9, 2016
About $8 worth of chocolate and a basket that you can get at the dollar store. Be creative build your own, ship it and get twice the chocolate.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.