+ $0.00 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Pro Tennis
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Grand Slam Tennis 2 is a Tennis simulation game that allows players to experience all four of tennis' Grand Slam tournaments, the Australian Open, the French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open in high-definition on Next-Gen consoles for the first time. The game features more than 20 of the greatest players of all-time including current top players Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Serena and Venus Williams and Maria Sharapova, as well as immortal past champions like John McEnroe, Björn Borg and others. Additional features include: the option to control all shots with a single analog stick, AI specific to real pro player tendencies and tactics, a 10-year career mode and ESPN broadcast integration.
The Full Grand Slam Experience in High Definition
Feel the true excitement and emotion of championship tennis with Grand Slam Tennis 2. For the first time in HD and on the next generation platforms, experience the thrill of winning at the Championships at Wimbledon as well as capturing the other three Grand Slam tournaments, the Australian Open in Melbourne, the French Open at Roland Garros in Paris and the US Open at the Billy Jean King Tennis Center at Flushing Meadows, New York. Rise to stardom with the revolutionary Total Racquet Control as you challenge a deep roster of elite players, including Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Maria Sharapova, Björn Borg, and John McEnroe. With authentic gameplay, ESPN broadcast integration, a deep 10-year career mode and so much more, get ready to swing the racquet like a Grand Slam champion with Grand Slam Tennis 2.
Key Game Features
- All-New Total Racquet Control - Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power. Utilize this innovative control system to take your game to the top. And if you prefer the old school button controls, those are still available.
- Become a Champion - Become a true Grand Slam tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession. The prestige of some of the most historic events in tennis come alive like never before, including the Australian Open, French Open, US Open and exclusive to EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis franchise - Wimbledon.
- Legends of Now and Then - Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Björn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams and exclusive to EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis franchise, seventeen-time winner of a Grand Slam tournaments in singles and doubles play, John McEnroe.
- Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI - The playing styles and behaviors of the sport's greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on hard court, clay or grass. The organic artificial intelligence adapts to your game so there's never a dull moment.
- ESPN Grand Slam Tournament Classics - Relive some of the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg versus McEnroe, to Nadal versus Federer, play your way through history unlocking up to 25 amazing moments of Grand Slam tournaments.
- A Deep Tennis Experience - Play countless hours of tennis in Grand Slam Career mode – singles and doubles, through a 10-year career or battle online. A wide variety of online gameplay features, Photo Game Face and more keep your experience fresh and authentic.
All-new Total Racquet Control.
Real tactics and tendencies
10-year career mode.
Exclusive Wimbledon play.
Top Customer Reviews
My first impression while playing the game was that no one on the developmental team has played tennis or knows anything about it. There are so many things wrong with this game. First, the players don't run across the court, they glide. Additionally they are able to glide (not run!) to the most ridiculously angled shots. I couldn't believe some of the balls that were coming back!
Secondly, the ball does not play realistically. It floats and glides as well. Hitting topspin shots and slice shots barely makes a difference to the velocity and spin of the ball. I could hit winners off the slice just as easily as I could with flat or topspin shots (which if you play tennis knows rarely happens...if you do it a slice winner it was luck).
Third, the player animations are awful. The serving and groundstroke motions are all very poorly copied, even though the game claims to use trademark player swings.
Fourth...and this one really irritated me...players with two handed backhands hit one handed backhands A LOT. I'm not talking about slice backhands, which are always single handed, I'm talking flat and topspin backhands being hit by guys like Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and the rest who use two hands. Did no one on the developmental team watch a single match for research purposes?
I really like that there is commentary from Johnnie Mac and Pat Cash, but they must have about 50 lines each, that's it. The same things get repeated over and over. I actually ended up turning it off.
Stick to the Top Spin franchise, they are still king of the tennis video game world.
UPDATE 1: After playing the game for a week and a half I must say it is still as fun as I stated it was in the beginning. After 9 dyas, I can now beat the computer on "Superstar" level and the matches play out like their real-life counterparts. Every point is a grueling battle and I love it!! The online multiplayer matches (something I omitted from my original review) are a blast as well. I have played 26 ranked matches so far and am currently 20-6 in those.Read more ›
it has a lot of details and is tricky to play, but more playing focused.
Dont like games that are so detailed oriented that the main focus of the game gets lost
By the way , if you find yourself losing a game in career mode and don't want it to affect your winning record , just turn off your xbox 360 console before the game is over , turn it back on and start over.
The outfits you choose for your player to ware looks very well , and there's a lot to choose from.
You can go into (OPTIONS) and choose to control how you hit the ball , either with the right (THUMB STICK) or just with the (BUTTONS).
The second year gets more intense , but after your first year , you will have the experience to handle it.
Don't pass up this game , it's well worth the money and time you spend on it.
I play it everyday with pleasure.
Check it out , and happy gaming.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The commentary is so bad, I wish it wasn't there. The camera angles are weak. The cartoony ball trail effects are stupid. The players could look better. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Federov
I play this game all the time. Graphics are great. Wish Andre Agassi was in it.
Only thing I hate is that the joystick on the Xbox 360 kills my thumb!!
the sport i love the most is tennis. federer as well. i played virtua tennis 4 and top spin 4, and they are pretty decent games. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Tal