Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 3
Format: Video Game|Change

on June 17, 2016
Looked even better than I suspected it would, although it's hardcapped to 720p the quality is still amazing on my TV.

Framerate is great throughout the story, everything is smooth and as perfect as it seemed when I played on my brothers PS4. Graphics might be turned down a little, and shaders might be more basic but when you get used to playing it on the PS3 it's honestly great anyway. Though if you bought this game for the graphics, you'd be playing it on PS4 or PC anyways.

The product itself is perfect, although I did not receive a "Greatest Hits" edition, I however received the normal edition for the PS3.

Online play is sporadic, but honestly I didn't buy this game to deal with chumps online. Especially on a controller based console, FPS/TPS are better on PC.

Other than that great buy, and was a very reasonable price.

Graphics are top notch for the system, stability and framerate like I said are perfect, and honestly it feels much better than your average port.
4 people found this helpful
on November 16, 2014
As soon as the package arrived in my mail box I ran to go and get it, ripped the envelope open and shoved the disc into my ps3.

I've played for about 12 or 13 hours, granted most of that time was spent playing online so I've only made about 9.8% progress on the actual story. Rockstar really nailed it with this one, it seems like such a huge step above GTA IV, if they never made another one this could easily by the grand finale.

Story: As soon as you boot up GTA V (after about 10 to 15 minutes of downloads and updates) you are shoved straight into a heist featuring Michael, Trevor and some other guy. The whole point of this is simply to teach you the basic controls. What follow the tutorial are endlessly entertaining missions, side-quests, recreational mini-games and so much more. I haven't even made a dent on the list of things to do.

Online: GTA V Online seems free working perfectly fine right now. After creating your online character (in great detail) you are welcomed to the world of Los Santos with a racing tutorial and a tutorial on store hold ups. After these are completed you are free to pillage at your leisure. It is true that other players will relentlessly murder you for a quick buck so I recommend you store your hard earned cash in the bank.

All in all I'm incredibly impressed with both the online feature and especially with the story and I would recommend GTA V to anyone who enjoys a genuinely addicting game.
8 people found this helpful
on December 13, 2017
6/5, 11/10! I Love this game!!! I couldn't put it down since the moment I got it! Rockstar's attention to detail in this game is amazing! The three characters is a great addition to the game itself. For me, I love games with huge and inclusive maps, and this game has a HUGE AND INCLUSIVE map. The first mission, where Micheal, Trevor and the crew robbed the bank just had me say "wow" when it was done. This game is really all Rockstar has been working for in a Grand Theft Auto game. I'm really taking my time with this, and not rushing a single thing. I know that even when the next GTA comes out, if another comes out, I'll still play this, because it's that good. If you're on the fence about getting it, please, don't listen to anything negative, it's not worth a debate. Just buy it now. If you have a newer generation console, consider buying it on there, because there's a bit more added, besides the graphics. All in all. This game is a 6/5, or an 11/10. Props to you Rockstar! Props to you!
on June 12, 2014
Looking for something new recently I picked up GTA V. My previous GTA experience was years ago with Vice City and I never did finish that game. On the other hand I was able to stick with GTA V and complete the story mode. Having 3 characters made the game fun. I enjoyed all the characters and cannot decide which is my favorite. There needs to be a more complete manual with this game as there is lots to do. At first the controls can be pretty overwhelming, especially for someone who spends most of their time gaming on PC, but after a while, you remember what all the buttons/sticks do. The storyline experience is fun and I would recommend it. However after the story mode has been completed, I feel the game loses its replay value unless you are someone who thoroughly enjoys playing online. Once all the missions are completed in story mode, you are left to your own devices, although I was sorely disappointed that I couldn't do any more heists, even if by myself. Minus the Lester Assassination missions, the in game stock market is complete rubbish and useless. Apparently R* cares how much in game money one can make in single player.

Online mode is fun, but very limited for the solo player. I realize online mode is for playing with other people, but there are times I just want to partake in single player online play (IE, too many f-Tards in online mode), and when I do I realize how limiting it is. There are only so many missions you can do by yourself and the RP and money is tough to come by considering the prices on apartments, and high end vehicles. Most of the vehicle mod unlocks must be unlocked by winning races against other players and as mentioned, when I play alone there is no way to unlock those mods racing by myself. Again, I realize, by definition, online means playing against/with other people, but there should be more solo content for those of us a bit less extroverted.

If you have friends that also play GTA V, you will no doubt enjoy its online feature immensely and even for those us who prefer to spend a majority of our time in solo play, it can be fun, but you are limited to the missions you can do. Single player (story mode) is fun and worth it, but once over, you'll be left sitting there asking yourself, 'now what?' Real rating is 3.5 stars.
on January 6, 2014
This game is amazing, and I hate to give it less than 5 stars but bear with me.
First the good: It's a massive game, vibrant and with graphical improvements over GTA IV that will make you wonder how they can do that on the exact same console. The sounds and sights are great, the range of vehicles, sub games and activities is massive. There are far less friend interactions and dating and such than GTA IV, but there's still plenty to do.
The controlls are excellently refined and easy to use. It makes having three characters to switch between not only an easy experience, but also a lot of fun. Got stuck? Switch characters and come back in a couple game hours. Want some extra fun, leave one character at a block and switch to another - drive back to that block and watch them interact.
Remember the witch hunt for the hidden/unfinished/unpublished sex games in GTA III? Well guess what - GTA V makes up for some lost time with nudity - male flaccid and female breasts in single player. There are some good side quests with additional sex content as well.
The game is more scripted and plays a little bit more like a movie. It is over quicker than other GTAs I thought.
It's a little less "realistic" for many things than previous games. The violence is a little muted, cars don't damage as easily and handle better than other GTAs.

The downside is they are prioritizing development for the online side of things. If you like the online experience then you're in luck and that's probably a 6th star instead of a subtraction. If you're even just slightly not thrilled with it, then you realize quickly that you are losing out in single player mode. You have access too fewer updates, fewer cars, less content. And of course they want you to pay extra money for the online stuff. Not a reason to not buy the game, but it is disappointing if you're happy playing single player and start to realize that until the next paid DLC, you're out of luck.

Also, this game really isn't for 12 year olds. The fact that you hear them playing online all the time is really disappointing.
on July 17, 2017
This game is super fun. Epic graphics, so much to do. Got it on a sunday thanks to amazon prime AND I had ordered it on a friday. Literally blew my mind. Got so excited I played all day and still only have two of the characters that you play as. Love it because i just got done playing san andreas, which is also amazing, so it was a crazy step up. So good on the ps3. Came with a super fun physical map which is just cool to have. Good storyline and i really like the characters that you play. I enjoy this so much!
VINE VOICEon September 17, 2013
I won't get into details or even into the politics surrounding this game. Merely I will compare this to the previous couple of GTA games and list the improvements for those familiar with the series.

+ Vehicle control is VASTLY improved over GTA4. Not quite as 'fake' feeling as the super stable control of GTA SA and GTA VC though. Which is also a plus. Cars can lose control, but it doesn't feel like you're playing Mario Kart nor does it feel bouncy like you're playing Stunt Race FX (remember that one???)

+ Improved story and characters. Basically you have three characters with different personalities. It's kind of a blend of previous GTA archetypes and personalities. You have the young guy trying to make his way in the criminal underworld, you have the deranged nut job, and you have the ex-con with a family who is bored with life and decides to get back in the game. Their stories cross and it makes for one of the more enjoyable main mission story lines in the GTA series.

+ Improved missions. I say this because you have mission checkpointing. If you fail a mission you can continue at the last checkpoint (which means you won't have to do over those tedious parts if that applies to a particular mission - in other words, if you spend 20 minutes carefully setting bombs, then have to evade the cops afterwards, you won't restart the mission if you get caught by the cops, you would just restart at the checkpoint after you detonated the bombs). You also have the option to cancel the mission.

+ Character and vehicle graphics are improved. Not a huge item of contention for most folks since GTA IV looked really good. But the character models are better quality and they are much better articulated. You actually have them moving like real people and even their fingers move independently. Facial expressions are much improved as well. People have more than the basic emotions - their eyes follow others and they react realistically. Cars also have more pop. The lines are cleaner and there is much more detail to the vehicles. Many you can actually tell what car or combination of cars they resemble in real life. It's always fun trying to outrun cops in the car based on a Prius!

+ Banter! This one I really enjoy. Previous games have included a bit, but this is really the first game where the characters truly interact while on missions. And it's not conversation that MUST be heard to advance the game, instead it's a little commentary that adds fun. It also depends on what actions you the player take. For example, when Michael's son gets in the car he changes the station to rap. If you then change the station or turn off the radio he whines and calls Michael an a-hole.

+ Huge open world. And I mean HUGE! It's similar to GTA SA - well, because it's based on Los Angeles. There are many familiar landmarks and buildings. The city has a similar shape, size, and layout - though there is much less sprawl. But it feels very similar to being in the real deal. Once you leave the main Los Santos area, the world is not as similar to the real thing. The outlying areas are not just empty swaths. There is a lot to do out and about in the hinterlands. Rampages, dirtbike and ATV races, even a few extra missions.

+ Virtually no catastrophic bugs. There are the regular little glitches and bugs. But I haven't had any of the Skyrim style bugs that force you to shut down and restart the game. Mostly just getting stuck somewhere (which isn't too bad as long as you can self grenade). But I never got stuck anywhere I couldn't get out of. There are a few interesting little graphical effects, such as people crashing cars in odd ways... but you can't really complain about these things. The game is insanely detailed and I can forgive a few glitches that don't cause me to lose hours of game play by forced restarts. 25% through and not a single restart!

+ Forthcoming GTA online. I am looking forward to playing in the GTA world with friends. And for free! How sweet of a deal is that? I'll update after they launch on October 1.

So until my next few updates, enjoy! I know folks will either love or hate this game. But it's amazing and a vast improvement IMHO on GTA IV.
on March 8, 2018
Really awesome game to be honest, the story itself is great and I love the characters even more. It makes for good time killing when you're hanging around with spare time, but not enough time to get notable things done.

The online aspect is a bit left to be desired to be frank, a lot of hackers are online at least for the PS3 version and thus hurt the experience. I do wish the customization for online was able to progress fully without having to rely on match with humans (previous statement relates here).
on September 19, 2013
GTA 5 brings the best from all the previous incarnations of the series and makes it bigger better and more bad ass.

With GTA V you get to play three characters and swap between them, crazy Trevor, retired criminal Michael, and Franklin. All the characters are exceptionally written, and play off of each other well. GTA 5 does a great job of providing their own storylines and missions that integrate well into the whole story.

The world is huge and there are plenty of things to keep you distracted while you explore, ranging from random activities to optional side missions. You can explore the upper-class suburbs of Rockford Hills, the beautiful Vespucci Beach, or the sticks of Blaine County. While you are exploring, there is always something interesting to do along the way, such as stopping robbery or other such things.

The narrative is exciting and well written and the missions now with the added element of being able to switch characters bring even more fun to the game.

The game mechanics are better, the graphics are better and possibly some of the best in a game out there today but like most games not without bugs at times and freezing gameplay. With a world this large, I am sure it is maxing out my PS3.

There are so many things to do in this game, I may be playing this still trying to finish until the next major release of GTA comes out.
on July 5, 2014
The story is great -- the best one yet in the GTA series -- but I am unnervingly frustrated with the glitches and bugs.

Got a sweet ride stored in your garage in single player? Well, it might just come up missing for no reason. And forget about using the impound option. The car you want to recover seems to never be available.

Multiplayer is worse. Even after a patch, my online character's head sporadically dons a hideous tattoo of cornrows, and in sessions with large amounts of players, the screen freezes for seconds at a time. This is particularly bad when in the middle of a gunfight or escape, causing failed missions. This happens even when playing a mission solitaire.

Oh, and when you've finally had enough of the game's problems and take a much needed cooling-off period, then return to the game, expect your stats (driving, flying, shooting skills) to have been reduced for not staying active in the game. I wanna pull my hair out!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.