Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 3
Format: Video Game|Change

on January 16, 2018
Bought this as a Christmas present for my adult son. I carefully and diligently reviewed other's experiences with this game and different ages who were using it. I would not recommend it to anyone under the age of 18 though I know there are many people who would disagree. I took time to talk with my son about it and while I know there are many things that can be done that I would consider unscrupulous I also know my son and his friends. After 3 weeks the first of which I sat in on each game session I can say that he enjoys the game without pursuing some of the more graphic activities that are possible. I do believe I may know more about the game and it's capabilities than he does from my extensive research. He spent the first few days just driving around in the mountains and cruising along the coast of the ocean. I have no delusions that he will discover much more that can be done though I had to say He really is having that much fun. I should add that if at any time I felt he was getting out of hand (in my opinion) that the game would be surrendered and in my possession. He agreed so that is the deal. It was good to hear from him 2 nights ago that one of the players that came into the game was only 10 years old. He exited at that point until he found other players more his age.
on January 3, 2014
here the point most reviews miss there are 4or5 main mission after that depend on character you will have lot of money to buy property but you cant interact with any of them meaning you cant enter any of the building no where in game except your safe house there are no night life except one stripper club and lots of hooker lots of nice cars the problem is you only have two place to park them safe house 3. garage 4 that's it and there are at least 25 sweet cars in this game the graphic is much better than the last one shooting is good except for driving shooting is horrible car handle is very good many little things to do but get boring very fast because as franklin you have no girlfriend to interact with trevor the same Michael has a family but useless you can interact with them like the last gta we know if you can go in place and eat there are lot of nice houses for sale but you cant buy them where you could store many car like I say after the main mission the game fall on it face 8/10 way over hype
on February 22, 2014
Even though this is the best GTA that i've ever played as a gamer since 1993 and huge GTA fan i'm a little disappointed that this wasn't placed on PS4. Chatting with friends online could be much easier using PS4 party chat. Other than that the graphics of this game appear to be next gear non the least almost. The list of the greatness of this game go on and on because it is that good however, i can't give it a 5 because the online mode doesn't allow you to own more than one property, heists are still not something we can do as a team online and I think other things could have made this game even better than it is already such as allowing you to customize helicopters and planes, the ability to purchase a pet at a pet store, to get more services from the women who come to your home, for bigger garages or to be able to purchase additional ones, being able to own a car dealership and rob banks freely, working out at the gym, the jet that can take off like a helo that was in san andreas and utilizing the stock market online. I almost feel that these were left off intentionally to be put on next gen but since that hasn't happened I am to believe it is being held back to be placed on the next GTA... again this game is awesome hands down from the graphics to the storyline or the all around realism but alot of these features to me should have been on GTA IV since some of them were already on GTA San Andreas on PS2. Rockstar did a good job as always but I'd like to give GTA V the 5 it deserves and not a 4.
on July 14, 2014
Not so bad actually very very good since the last game. Gta story is very good you get into it, its all I can say. Gta online is pretty good too. Just minor flaws such as money given for jobs is not enough from all the work you need to do, itll take you forever to make at least 87,000 for a low end apartment. Jobs from the start give you around 800, 1,000 or 2,000 at the most. Youll also find how repetetive it is afterwards being at the level of 40. Maybe if there are more updates on doing more things, new jobs, more activites the game would be very flawless
on May 2, 2014
I have played most of the GTA games. I played GTA IV for a little bit and I hated it. After hearing about this game, I decided to give this one a shot because of all the hype surrounding this game. I was initally skeptical about the whole 3 main characters, but Rockstart did an amazing job making that work. The characters are amazing and the soundtrack of the game is great. The storyline was great for an open world game, and I found myself playing that the most just to see what would be the next big crazy thing that would happen. The only negative is that the way to get a lot of money through stocks is somewhat complicated. Replay value isn't that great once you finished the storyline, although the online is ok.
on January 19, 2014
This was a great game to close out the previous console generation. Yes I know their will be more games and probably some good ones but to have such a great experience such as this really will make it much easier to remember the transition than previous generations. I loved the graphics and how you could easily relate (odd since they are all horrible people) to one of the characters and hold on to their story. I was surprise how many of my friends really like different characters and it didn't seem to be who I would have guess they would have liked. The story makes you feel and laugh. Graphics were good if a bit choppy. My only disappointment was out of the three endings only two seemed like they were planned and the others felt tacked on.
on January 17, 2014
I would what most people would call an old tyme gamer. I have been around since the days of Pong, Asteroids, and Pitfall. I have owned many game consoles including, Atari, Nintendo, 3DO (worst purchase ever), and even the Sega CD add on. I have been a gamer since video games have been around, but none of them have been this much fun to play (well maybe except Super Mario World). The amount of detail in this game and the different activities you can participate in really shows how much this must have been a labor of love to the designers. This is a violent game without a doubt and I would not recommend this for anyone who may be sensitive to that, but I have to say this game is the most fun I have had in a long time.
on September 25, 2013
I have been playing this game for a while, and this is a review where I know I am not going to say anything original. This game is everything I expected, both for the good and the bad. First the good, the story is fantastic, deep, with interesting, if misanthropic characters that you expect to find in a Rockstar game. The world is the same way, it immerses you, is full of detail, and the variety that once again, you expect from a Rockstar game. Is the shooting great? Not really, and the driving is not a highlight either, but the fact that they exist within the beautifully constructed world makes you forget their limitations. If you have liked previous GTA titles I have no doubt you will like this one. I know I do, and I have no reservations recommending it.
on March 23, 2014
The single player mode is really awesome. Good graphics, story line and game play. And the only reason I would give it a 5 star.

The online mode however could use improvement. There are a lot of kids that play the game (Thanks to irresponsible parents), who usually yell for no reason and it is hard to go on a multiplayer missions with them because they can't read instructions.

The passive mode is joke as people can be shot while driving in passive mode. Also, you can be run over by people, which is made up by for them having to pay your health bills, it still shouldn't happen. The most infuriating part of the passive mode is that people can shoot you if they are driving while they are in passive mode, and shooting them back will cost you.
on October 18, 2013
I love this GTA better than the others. We pre-ordered this game and it was delivered the same day everyone else went into stores to stand in line to get theirs!!!! Its really like playing Sims, but its an action packed game and although I am not big on violence its just a video game and its fun to just run around and complete the missions. Also there is a dog that has to be taken care named Chops, he pretty much makes the game cooler. Also, you can be more than one character, so that's been fun. Al the safehouses are cool. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone under 18 and we don't even play the game when our children are awake. We have an 11 year old and I wouldn't ever let him play. Good adult fun!!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.