Lyft BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 3
Format: Video Game|Change

on February 24, 2015
Hands down the best game on the market to date. I loved this game. Yes it's beatable and I think it only took me 5 or 6 days to beat but it's so much fun! I wish they'd improve the stock market stuff but that's about it. I would like them to improve the character but they always do with each new game. I play all the most popular and best rated games like god of war (2nd favorite) and the mw series, but nothing comes close to the graphics, freeplay, skills, challenge, storyline, and overall wow factor of this game here. I don't even know why I'm making a review ...everyone already knows this is the best game by far and you probably own it too lol. Anyway I doubt you'll find anyone who dislikes this game (morals aside) .
My son will just play this all day if I let him. he just laughs and laughs and has a a great time. we've bought him other games for his age but he hates them and will only play gta5 ... go figure oh well. thanks yall
on November 10, 2013
GTA V (Grand Theft Auto Five), just like all the other GTA games by RockStar, is a sandbox game that focuses on the story of onr character. What makes GTA V so different is that you have the option to play as 3 characters, all with a unique story, which all eventually tie in together.

The story focuses on these 3 characters- Micheal, Franklin, and Trevor. Each character has their own "prolouge" before meeting up with one or the other. Rockstar does a great job with this, and the storyline. Also, this game has a completion system for each mission, and ranks you against friends on what optional objectives/challenges you have completed.

As expected, Rockstar definetley amped up the graphics and physics engine. The world of Los Santos (based on GTA San Andreas) is beautiful and immersive. Everything seems to be dynamic and realistic. In my opinion, the game feels too realistic and stiff. This is not a huge problem however.

There is plenty to do in the game besides the story, and each character has plenty of side missions. Sometimes i find these random side missions to be more interesting than the main story.

The gameplay is practically the same as GTA IV, the target system and cover is better too. Gunfights are fun and less annoying than in IV.

As explained by everyone, the Police is upgraded, and yes, much harder to escape. The cops are unforgiving in this gane, they will hunt you down for punching someone or shooting into the sky. It isnt as bad as percieved, but it gets annoying.
I also never realized how aggravating it is thay when you die, you lose $5000. Sure this isnt that much, but it adds up, and you'll find yourself losing a lot of money at times.
I havent gotten that immersed into Online, but it is great. Rockstar did a great job with this, and it seems to be fair in the loght of MP.
I would give this game 5 stars, but the few gripes that i have made me feel like this game was way too overhyped. The real rating i would give this is more of a 4 and 1/2 star rating. This game is very fun, and has a lot to do, but i find that it gets very boring very quickly. I am looking forward to any possible DLC. This is probably the best sandbox of the year, but definitley not the best of all time. I really liked the story too, favorite one next to Bully. Good Job R*!
on September 2, 2016
I don't purchase games too often and am not a hardcore gamer, but I've always been a fan of the GTA series. GTA V is hands down the best yet. You play as three separate characters, the missions and side missions are fun and challenging. There's a big map, the,story is interesting, some humor thrown in. The graphics are fantastic and music is great, I've only played in story mode so I can't comment to online play.

This is the best GTA so far and one of my favorite video games overall (if not my favorite). I've probably played it from beginning to end about 3 or 4 times so far.
on May 14, 2017
This game is already a classic. Just got a new copy to replace an old damaged one. Not for young children or the overly impressionable However for an adult its great
on October 24, 2013
This is the most awesome game ever developed.

DO NOT let your kids play this.
- Explicit sex
- Drinking
- Drug use
- Violence
- Theft

JUST DON'T DO IT --- DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY THIS

BUT, the game is AWESOME!!

There are so many tiny details, that make the game so enjoyable. If you yearn for some narcissistic, immoral, cathartic release, THIS IS YOUR Xanadu!

Whether you want to steal a supercar and blast down the highway at 200 Mph, or go one-on-many with the military using a chain gun, this game has EVERYTHING.

There are so many tiny details -- customized cars even have painted brakes! You can play as 3 different characters, who all lead independent lives while you're "playing" someone else...

The big jump from GTA 4 --- YOU NO LONGER GET STUCK ON CHAIRS AND DOORWAYS. THANK YOU, ROCKSTAR. PLEASE GO BACK AND FIX MAX PAYNE 3

The combat system is really good -- it incorporates the "cover" system from MP3, but gives you a choice of "GTA" aiming, assisted, or no aiming.

Occasionally, things go awry.... I was being attacked by a mountain lion, and for no reason, my character pulled out dynamite instead of a machine gun. :-( You can't aim at someone directly behind you :-( You can't "auto-aim" at the nearest aggressor.

PLEASE, Rockstar, if we wanted "realism" we'd be out robbing liquor stores --- what we want is a decent combat system.
on January 2, 2014
Grand Theft Auto is a series that continues to bring laughter, screams, cries, and wails to all of the players. Whether it is from a major character dying or you engaging in battle with cops while having an No-Hit cheat on. GTA V still manages to complete this. Synopsis of review ahead: Get this game now- whether playing it for the laughs or for the excellent well thought out story.

PROS+ _ :

The story. I mean, it's not like The Last of Us or Bioshock Infinite, but it is entertaining. It is very exciting and very... "shooty" as in guns are everywhere. Like, blowing up buildings to robbing banks and jewelry stores. The whole thing is action packed and I feel like GTA V has one of the best stories throughout the franchise.

The characters. By far, these characters have the most back story to them in any GTA game ever. Michael's **SPOILERS! SPOILERS!** << fake death and new name >> SPOILERS! SPOILERS!, or Trevor's- yeah, just Trevor. Franklin also is a "cool cat" with his aunt and and all. I don't know, the characters are cool and very interactive.

The graphics. For me, graphics in a game do not matter. I enjoy Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time better than any COD game ever, no matter how "good looking" Call of duty looks like. But the graphics are amazing. Straight out amazing. Whether it is the beautiful city of Los Santos, Sandy Shores, or Blaine County up in Mount Chilliad, the game is one of the most realistic games I have seen. The people look like ... people (except I feel Michael's character model looks kind of funky). The sound effects sound incredible as well. The vehicles in this game have the most realistic sounds ever, and I think all who play this can agree.

The open world. Whether you have the fastest car in the game, or a jet, the world is huge. It can take 10-15 minutes to get to the top of Mount Chilliad on your best day.

The driving: they performed this so well, I feel like it should be its own separate pro. The driving is so cool. You don't feel glued to the road and the cars are just... wow. The planes and boats operate so well.

CONS - _:

Loading times. I understand this is a very hard game to run, but the loading times are pretty long. It takes about 5-8 minutes for it to initially boot up. But this is understandable due to how vast the GTA V world is.

GTA V Online. This is after all the patches, and it's not R*'s fault. Users in the game aim for low level users and kill them over and over and over again. This process becomes annoying and frustrating. But, this does not take away from the main game.

Overall: 10/10 ; 100/100; Yes!

GOTY Worthy: eh... The Last of Us was pretty good... don't know if it can beat that :)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 19, 2013
GTA 5 brings the best from all the previous incarnations of the series and makes it bigger better and more bad ass.

With GTA V you get to play three characters and swap between them, crazy Trevor, retired criminal Michael, and Franklin. All the characters are exceptionally written, and play off of each other well. GTA 5 does a great job of providing their own storylines and missions that integrate well into the whole story.

The world is huge and there are plenty of things to keep you distracted while you explore, ranging from random activities to optional side missions. You can explore the upper-class suburbs of Rockford Hills, the beautiful Vespucci Beach, or the sticks of Blaine County. While you are exploring, there is always something interesting to do along the way, such as stopping robbery or other such things.

The narrative is exciting and well written and the missions now with the added element of being able to switch characters bring even more fun to the game.

The game mechanics are better, the graphics are better and possibly some of the best in a game out there today but like most games not without bugs at times and freezing gameplay. With a world this large, I am sure it is maxing out my PS3.

There are so many things to do in this game, I may be playing this still trying to finish until the next major release of GTA comes out.
on July 5, 2014
The story is great -- the best one yet in the GTA series -- but I am unnervingly frustrated with the glitches and bugs.

Got a sweet ride stored in your garage in single player? Well, it might just come up missing for no reason. And forget about using the impound option. The car you want to recover seems to never be available.

Multiplayer is worse. Even after a patch, my online character's head sporadically dons a hideous tattoo of cornrows, and in sessions with large amounts of players, the screen freezes for seconds at a time. This is particularly bad when in the middle of a gunfight or escape, causing failed missions. This happens even when playing a mission solitaire.

Oh, and when you've finally had enough of the game's problems and take a much needed cooling-off period, then return to the game, expect your stats (driving, flying, shooting skills) to have been reduced for not staying active in the game. I wanna pull my hair out!
on October 8, 2016
Played the first mission on the game after that FROZEN!!!!!SCREEN!!!.what ever you do just buy it new.sorry to say this is my first bad review ever on Amazon out of all the stuff I've purchased over the year's.
on July 17, 2017
This game is super fun. Epic graphics, so much to do. Got it on a sunday thanks to amazon prime AND I had ordered it on a friday. Literally blew my mind. Got so excited I played all day and still only have two of the characters that you play as. Love it because i just got done playing san andreas, which is also amazing, so it was a crazy step up. So good on the ps3. Came with a super fun physical map which is just cool to have. Good storyline and i really like the characters that you play. I enjoy this so much!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.