Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360
Format: Video Game|Change

on October 20, 2013
Purchased this game day one and could only play for all of an hour before I had to turn it off. I was genuinely enjoying myself playing as Franklin, since his sidekick is one hilarious dude, but once you're forced into playing as the older White guy (can't remember his name) things started going downhill - fast. It was such a jarring shift from the streets of the Ghetto to playing as this rich White guy with no sidekick and no sense of humor. Just no. Yes, I do realize you can keep playing as Franklin, but to advance the storyline you're forced into playing one of the other characters, which I just wasn't down with.

Once Multiplayer was released however, things changed. For the past two consecutive weekends I've done nothing but stay at home and play online. The vast amount and variety of things to do are truly overwhelming at times. There is nothing quite like filling up a helicopter and robbing store to store, one guy grabs the goods while the rest defend against the waves of cops. Fun times.
on November 13, 2013
The beautiful attention to detail like your clothes getting wet up to where you wade, and when you get out, the water forms puddles on the ground. You car clinks when you shut off the engine as it cools down. The missions are a lot, 69 mission in total and I am only on 49. There are much more side missions, but the heists are where it's at. You gather crews for heists in the game to rob banks, or from jewelry stores, or steal submarines, and so on. They play out like a movie, and it is a blast. So far I have flown a small plane into a larger planes cargo loading ramp in the air, I jumped a motorcycle on top of a train and rode up to the engine, I robbed a bank and escaped down the street with a minigun and full body armor while the hundreds of cops chased after me. those are some of the many highlighted moments from the game.
The multiplayer is almost like a second campaign where you create a character and start small time but by doing missions and leveling up you become bigger and badder. I haven't played so much of that as campaign takes up most of my time, but I will once I finally beat the game.
Go play it, it's the best in the series IMO.
on November 20, 2013
This is my first grand theft auto game, and it has definitely hooked me. This game is so fun. The graphics are amazing, the story is hilarious, there's tons of customization, and there are so many things to do. Along with the main storyline, there are hundreds of fun side missions to do. You steal celebrity's things, give drunk people rides home, pick up hitchhikers, go deer hunting, and soo much more. There's no way I could list them all! The characters are based on the voice actors, so they have distintive personalities. It's awesome. Trevor is my favorite--he's completely insane and legitimately scary, yet still hilarious. So basically, this game is awesome. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time. Any fan of the gta series needs to get this game. It will not disappoint.
on December 30, 2013
I purchased this game for my 17 year old son for Christmas and he says he quite enjoys it. I wouldn't buy it for a younger child due to the graphic violence and prolific swearing, and you certainly wouldn't want to play it when Grandma and the Aunts, or young chidren, come over, but for an older teen like my son who isn't influenced by the behavior in the game, it is fun to play. There is a storyline to become involved in and you can play multiple characters within a city. The graphics seem pretty good and my son hasn't found any glitches or problems in the several hours he has played the game since Christmas Day. Not my cup of tea but my son does recommend this game for a mature teen. Thank you for the sale price Amazon!
on November 7, 2013
Great Game, hours of entertainment

A very well put together single person game. It is exactly what you expect, its Grand Theft Auto.The in game is very familiar to past titles but the addition of multiple characters makes for an interesting enhancement. I have not played much of the online part of the game but the single player alone is worth it for me So, five stars I would buy it again.

I will say though that as good as the single person game is, for me it does not inspire the awe that past rockstar titles have. GTA, GTA3, San Andreas, and GTA Liberty City and even Red Dead Redemption raised the bar on a substantial level. GTA3 was a new concept in the over the shoulder free wander world. San Andreas stepped up the scale and possibilities. Liberty City added the actual city as a character and created a magnificently created world and Red Dead Redemption opened up a huge world that invited and invoked exploration. GTA V is great because it combines all of these attributes but with the countless other titles out there that are inspired or juts steal from the original GTA model, the Far Crys, the Prototypes, the Saints Rows, and so on and so on, I think that GTAV is certainly the best of them but it does not lay the massive beat-down of the genre that i have come to expect from Rockstar.

I am looking forward to the next generation.
on September 12, 2016
Grand Theft Auto 5 has an enjoyable career, but even as fun as some of the missions are, a gamer can get bored continuously doing career. This is why their online mode shines; you can play a game to take a break from career mode, or play it exclusively, and continue to enjoy the game. It's especially fun to play with your friends, as it has a variety of different modes.
on May 20, 2014
Alright, so here it is, the fifth edition of the coveted and revered Grand Theft Auto. Some of you may say, "this game shouldn't be that great, but because it's GTA...". No. Let me stop you right there. This game is good, it's worth of its five stars, and if you're saying that, that means you haven't played it. The single player alone gives the game full marks, but let's talk multiplayer. It's far less structured than GTA IV, but far more in depth. Yes, we're still waiting on the Heist updates, but I doubt anyone bought that game solely for the heists. That being said, this game is everything everyone has said it is. Just don't buy this game for your 12 year old.
on August 20, 2015
(Spoilers!)

Finally GTA expands it's horizons, letting you play as 3 different characters instead of one. I love the insane amount of dialogue and character development detail. Walking by strangers, hearing them talk about ridiculous things makes the game more fun to play. I think it's the best game in the series aside from Vice City (c'mon). Worth every penny!
2 helpful votes
on January 23, 2014
Before I get started I wanna highlight this: THIS GAME IS NOT FOR PARENTS WITH KIDS, THIS IS NOT A FAMILY GAME. YOUR KIDS SHOULD NOT SEE U PLAY THIS GAME AT ALL. IF U HAVE KIDS PLEASE STOP READING THIS & MOVE ON TO A DIFFERENT GAME SELECION FOR YOUR KIDS THANK U.....Ok, Now I choose this rating because It has everything I want in a game; It has: Guns, cool car, heli, tanks, strip club, tennis, car racing, sea racing, air racing & I can go forever telling u everything I like about this game. & That's just story mode I haven't gotten to online mode your gonna flip of all the things u can do online.....U can set a bounty on some ones head for $1000 or $9000 u can mug some one u can kill him blow up his car u can shot him or beat the crap outta him with a baseball bat. U can make a crew online get together & go killing people one by one until your crew name is well known online. There is only ONE thing I didn't like about gta 5 online is that rockstar made cheat codes; I think that's where rockstar mess up. But what can u do about it what's done is done. But everything else is off the hook RockStar is gonna have a very very hard time making gta 6 if there is one I really doubt it that's its gonna be better the gta 5. 1 to 10 I give this game a 10.
on March 2, 2015
While I don't personally play video games so I can't offer a review on this game I did buy it for my son who most definitely plays. He is thrilled with this newest incarnation of Grand Theft Auto and full of praise for its graphics,options, and features. The disc was in excellent condition exactly as advertised and arrived here way before the projected delivery date. The seller even upgraded us to 2nd day priority mail. Thank you.
2 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.