Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
VINE VOICEon February 26, 2012
As someone who WAS battling severe eczema, I found this to be a great product--one of the best of the many, many, many I had tried. After 16 months of battle, my severe eczema is down to minor eczema, but I will tell you more about me after I tell you about this product. The 8 oz plastic tube with snap on/off cap says it is soothing skin therapy, perfect for kids and baby eczema. The tube appears strong enough to throw in your suitcase or purse or diaper bag (put it in a plastic freezer baggie just to be double safe.). The tube is about 8 ½ inches long, 3 ¼ inches wide at the bottom, slightly graduating.

The bottle says it is "100% all natural", a combination of organic ingredients. The ingredient list is too long to put it all down but it looks like it is probably all natural. Ingredients are things like organic aloe vera, shea butter, colloidal silver, nettle leaf, organic safflower oil, algin from sea kelp, jojoba oil, rosemary extract, lavender oil, vitamin E oil, etc. (Some of this stuff I took individually to try to help my condition.)

The bottle says it "sooths sensitive skin", and provides relief from dry skin, eczema, mild rashes, insect bites, mild sun burns and more. I have sensitive skin, which was dry and split in places. Because many places were raw, most lotions and creams burned for about 5 or 10 minutes. This product did not burn me. It felt soothing and cooling as it provided temporary relief by moistening my skin.

The bottle says it "restores moisture" through a combination of ingredients that target dry skin. Yes, I believe it does.

The bottle says it provides "immediate itch relief" with its fast acting ingredients. I don't think any product I tried provided immediate relief because my eczema was so severe but this was pretty fast.

The bottle says "no side effects" because it is all organic and all natural. This statement is probably true, at least for 99.9% of the folks. There is always someone around to defy the odds. Looking at the ingredients, if my little boy (now age 38) was a baby, I would not be afraid to try this product on him. (He had a bad diaper rash as a baby. I found out I could not use Pampers on him until he got a little older.)

Eczema seems to be very individual. Some things may work well for one person, and do relatively little for another. It can be a trip to Hades. Some folks, like me, had it real bad. Although many products helped to provide temporary peace, nothing really stopped it. Mine would not heal. It kept getting worse. I used to jokingly call it leprosy, but I was really scared. Stress at work aggravated it more. Some nights, I could not sleep. Even a heavy duty cortisone shot only helped some, but would not clear it. Finally, by the grace of God, my dermatologist realized it was probably one of my blood pressure meds. Sure enough, a common diuretic I had been taking for many years was the culprit. It took 16 months and 3 doctors to figure it out while I suffered. The minute I stopped this med, I began healing. Now I only have a very minor skin irritation. Products like this one work well for me now. I tell you all this to say: Don't overlook the possibility of a prescription med causing eczema, and Don't expect your doctor to figure it out without you saying something. If you have severe eczema, check the side effects of your meds. If it sounds like one of your meds could be the culprit, get on the doctor about it.

Just a few other things that also provided temporary relief when I was desperate: (Of course, please talk to your doctor before doing any of these tricks.)

--Dab apple cider vinegar on the spots/blotches with a cotton ball to temporarily cool them down.
--Spray colloidal silver 30 ppm on the spots/blotches.
--Take Advil (or Advil PM at night) to stop the nerves from jumping.
--Take cool showers to moisten the skin, rub creams on skin without drying off completely to seal some moisture in the skin.
--Rub emu oil into the skin to moisten it.
--Rub coconut oil into the skin to moisten it.
--Dot Milk of Magnesia on the spots with a cotton ball (works for some folks--only helped a tiny bit for me. Burns at first.)
--Also try Aveeno Oatmeal Bath, or at least mix a package with warm water and dab it on your skin.
--bandaids may help on a few oozy/sore spots
--CHECK PRESCRIPTION MEDS FOR POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS.
(Of course,check with your doctor. For example, you may not be able to take Advil and you certainly have to be careful taking too much.)

I also found that my eczema was aggravated by:
--Stress
--handling paper, including computer paper with colored ink
--house heat (baseboard heating in winter)
--and too much sunlight for a couple of hours.

Good luck to you if you are suffering from eczema. Believe me, I know what you are going through. DON'T GIVE UP!!!.
on April 14, 2015
This was a cream that was recommended by Amazon to be purchased when I was browsing another product. I usually ignore those recommendations, but this time I had been wanting an eczema cream so decided to give it a try. This stuff is wonderful. It applies very nicely and provides plenty of moisture for my skin without being super greasy. I have been able to use it on my skin and also of my kids. My itchy and flaking skin is gone!
on July 23, 2015
After trying many, many products on my severe hand eczema, I heard about Grandma's Touch. I liked that it is made from natural ingredients, and I ordered it immediately. The first time I used it on my red, chapped, broken skinned hands I could feel the difference. The insanity inducing itching eased and then stopped, and by the second day the open sores were healing. I am ordering another jar for back up.
on February 27, 2015
For a couple of years now, I have had pretty dry skin on my hands and face. I tried several different products, but they didn't solve the problem and just seemed to irritate my skin. Grandma's Touch has gentle but effective ingredients that feel great on my skin. My eczema is basically gone and my skin is so much smoother than before. I love this great product and am recommending it to anyone who is suffering from dry skin!
on April 3, 2015
I bought this lotion because I tend to have really dry hands during the winter that crack and bleed easily. Most regular lotions don't help at all during this time period. This lotion works really well and keeps my hands in good condition. I am sure I will buy it again.
on October 8, 2013
My daughter had Eczema and the doctor of course prescribed ROID CREAM which there's no way in hell we were giving her due to Red Skin Syndrome etc. Please don't always listen to your doctor. This was one of the things we tried and the last thing we tried. Not saying it will work for everyone because obviously I'm not a medical professional and everyone has different physiology, but this excellent product worked perfect for her and to this day whenever there is any flareup, it's the first thing she gets.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2016
I purchased this for my son who had a case of eczema on his hands that would not go away. He immediately started to see an improvement and the eczema is now almost completely gone. I would definitely recommend this product:)
on October 26, 2015
I thought I'd try since I'll try anything once to help my kids... Ridiculously expensive. Didn't help with my children's eczema. Leaves skin soft by that's about it. I wouldn't waste my money again.. I use triple cream. More for less and does a better job helping control eczema
on April 28, 2012
For the last couple years,I had eczema around my eyes,nose and mouth. I tried several products, but they just seemed to irritate my skin rather than help it. Grandma's Rash Remedy apparently has mild yet effective ingredients that sooth my skin, and my eczema is gone. I am so thankful to have found this great product!(review by Brian's wife)
on September 8, 2012
I know there is no miracle cream for curing my lil boy's eczema. Bought this cream because it was supposed to be all natural. But it did not heal or worsen his eczema. It can be used as a lotion but it is not very effective for long lasting hydration or does not soothe irritation on application. My son kept itching his spots right after I slathered the lotion on him. I've used it for a week with no improvements so now only use it sporadically.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.