- Hardcover: 64 pages
- Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing; 1/31/08 edition (March 4, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0740771124
- ISBN-13: 978-0740771125
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 0.5 x 11.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 134 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #134,186 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Grandmother Book: A Book About You for Your Grandchild Hardcover – March 4, 2008
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Andy Hilford is a psychologist and researcher who specializes in the study of memory. Susan Hilford is a physical therapist who has worked with adult and pediatric patients and is currently enjoying raising their children full-time. The couple lives in New York, NY.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- A whole section dedicated to questions about the grandfather that somewhat imply that they are still together (as another reviewer noted, asking about first kiss, when grandfather proposed, and why she loves him, etc etc.)
- 2 entire sections that assume the grandmother went to college (one section that asks details about what she went to college for, another for vacation photos during college years)
- The vacation photos during college years is a bit weirdly put together, saying something like, "Here are my wild and crazy photos from spring break!" -- even giving this to my MIL I feel a bit weird because she's so conservative (also that it doesn't seem necessarily appropriate for your grandma to be sharing her drunken topless beach sorority photos from spring break lol)
- A section (which you can see in the preview) that says "We didn't always live in the US, here's how we got here..." -- and what if your family HAS always lived in the US? Or what if your family DOESN'T live in the US at all? Yeesh.
I could probably go on.
It's a great book all the same, but yeah, it only works well if you just happen to have a very traditional family who has led a very traditional life.
You can do better designing this yourself online and ordering it to fit the needs of your family.
thrilled to have such a book to fill in the blanks and give as a "record of history" to my Grandchildren. What
a super idea! I was surprised as I was filling out the first one as to how many old memories came to mind
for me to share. I am 70-yrs.-old, and would give anything if my dear Grandmother's had left something
like this for me. I have such good memories of both of my Grandmothers; however, to be able to have
something in their own handwriting would be wonderful.