Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Grandpa Witmer's Old Fashioned Mess-Free Nut Butte...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 34% off the $15.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Grandpa Witmer's Old Fashioned Mess-Free Nut Butter and Natural Peanut Butter Mixer, Made in America, BPA Free, Fits 16-Ounce Jars with 3-Inch Lids
|Price:||$12.85 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$3.14 (20%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Grandpa Witmer's Mess-Free Natural Peanut Butter Mixer stirs in the separated oils from natural peanut butter without splashing or making an oily mess
- Proudly made in America from chrome plated steel; FDA approved and BPA free; designed to fit 16-ounce jars with 3-inch lids
- Stir natural peanut butter in its original jar without splashing; mixing rod automatically self cleans during removal from the lid without oily mess
- Easy to use and clean; enjoy natural peanut butter without the mess; mixing rod easily reach the bottom to thoroughly stir in oils
- Hand wash all parts in warm, soapy water
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
Anyone purchasing this or similar models should know that there are 6 DIFFERENT MODELS TO CHOOSE FROM:
#100 -- crank mixer for 16 oz jar with 77mm lid
#200 -- twist knob mixer for 16 oz reduced fat jar with 77mm lid
#300 -- crank mixer for 16 oz jar with 70mm lid
#400 -- crank mixer for 26 oz jar with 83mm lid
#500 -- twist knob mixer for 26 oz jar with 83mm lid
#600 -- twist knob mixer for 36 oz jar with 99mm lid
The product considered in this review refers to Model #100. Those of you who want it to fit on the Trader Joe's PB that I mentioned earlier will need to get Model #300.
As I said in the subject, this product looks like a great idea, but the marketing lacks an important fact (which I find unnecessarily deceptive) so I am giving it a sub-par rating. It does NOT take much effort to list these very important specs that would help people buy precisely what they need, especially when this info is contained on the back of the product itself.
I found the #300 model on another site and am purchasing it separately. I'm also returning the one I got here.
If you're going to get this product, pull out a ruler or measuring tape and measure your lid to ensure you get the right fitting model. Thanks for reading.
Another tip my mama taught me. Before you open your jar of natural peanut butter or almond butter the first time, turn it upside down on the counter for a day. All the oil will then go to the "top" which will then be the "bottom" when you turn the jar right side up. This is how I use to keep the oil from spilling before I found this fantastic device. It is easier to stir the oil up from the bottom than it is to stir in down into the butter from the top!
I think you've all experienced trying to stir a fresh jar of viscous separated peanut butter before. You stick a knife in and stir and stir and stir. In about a minute your hand starts to cramp so you try to use more of your arm. That's when you get clumsy and the oil starts to spill over the sides. The jar gets slippery making it difficult to grab onto its side; plus you've left a mess on the countertop. 10 minutes later you're still stuck with big clumps of peanut and a pool of sludge on the top.
THE NEW WAY:
This gadget eliminates the mess and gets the job done in about 5 minutes.
- Place the jar on a oven mit when stirring so that it doesn't slip.
- After the peanut butter is mixed (and of course after you've taken the stirrer+lid out) just store it in the fridge to prevent separation. To use the peanut butter just nuke in microwave (without the lid of course) for about 30 seconds.
- If you typically buy the larger peanut butter jars, go to Witmer's web site and order the larger stirrer. The deluxe kit comes with lids of both sizes.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great, I was a little skeptical, but it's wonderful. Fits easily on my Smuckers Natural peanut butter. Easy assembly and easy clean.Published 4 hours ago by Muri
It works. Coulda stuck my dinner knife into the peanut butter and got the same result, though.Published 4 days ago by Richard S.
I put off buying this forever because it's a gadget. But I really like using it. It is so much neater than trying to mix peanut butter with a case knife.Published 5 days ago by angela swann
I does turn peanut butter easier than a butter knife and without a mess, but it didn't seem to incorporate the thick chunks of peanut butter into the oil part like I can when I... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Vinastars
Works great! Love this product! I recently started buying organic peanut butter, which needs to be stirred. Before I found this, it would make an awful mess. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Shannon Fitzwater