Granite Ware Steel/Porcelain Water-Bath Canner with Rack, 21.5-Quart, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 21.5 qt capacity holds 7 one-quart jars, 9 one-pint jars or 13 half-pint jars
- Porcelain surface with durable steel core provides excellent heat distribution, reducing heat up time and saves energy
- Can be used on gas and electric stove tops, Not recommended on glass cooktops
- Canning pot made in USA
- Dishwasher safe
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Granite Ware Canner with Jar Rack
Canning is an economical way to preserve fresh quality foods at home while retaining their important vitamins and nutrients. The right equipment is essential to ensure a quality product and Granite Ware offers all the basics for blanching produce for the freezer or for cold pack canning.
- Porcelain surface with durable steel core provides excellent heat distribution, reducing time and energy.
- Includes jar rack with contoured handles to allow for easy lifting and resting on pot rim.
- Can be used on gas and electric; not recommended on glass cooktops.
- Dishwasher safe.
Why do people can?
- To Save Money: USDA estimates one can save up to 50% by canning food rather than buying it.
- To Preserve Food Until Its Needed, Without Refrigeration: Freezer and refrigerator space is limited and consumes energy. Canned food simply needs a cool dark place.
- To Buy Local and Eat Healthy: One can buy locally grown fruits & vegetables at Farmer’s Markets and preserve them without added chemicals. Popular trend in urban & suburban neighborhoods.
- To Make Unique, Personalized Treats/Gifts for Family & Friends: Preserves, jellies, pickles, relishes, salsas and chilies.
Why Granite Ware Canning?
Granite Ware water-bath canners have been the standard for canning for over 100 years. The stepped design of our canners produces more even heat by allowing more boiling water contact with the top half of the jars. Used to elevate food temperature above 212-degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or more, which kills all the bacteria found in high acid fruits and vegetables. The water-bath canner creates a vacuum seal when the jars cool, sealing out air and bacteria.
Granite Ware Canners come in multiple sizes to fit your needs: 12-quart canner (#0706) that holds 7 one-pint jars; 21.5-quart canner (#0707) that holds 7 one-quart jars or 9 one-pint jars or 12 half-pint jars; 33-quart canner (#0709) that holds 9 one-quart jars or 14 one-pint jars or 17 half-pint jars. Additional equipment available: Blancher with drainer insert (#6140), Preserving Kettle (#0703), Colander (#0713), 5-Piece Canning Tool Set (#0720) and Silicone Jar Toppers (#0723 & #0724).
Assist handles for easy lifting.
Granite Ware by Columbian Home Products
Originally founded in 1871, Columbian Home Products is one of the oldest cookware manufacturers in the U. S., famous for producing Porcelain on Steel cookware. We have been producing Granite Ware cookware in our Terre Haute, IN facility since 1901.
Granite Ware has a carbon steel core for strength, conductivity and superior heat distribution. Porcelain is fused to the steel at 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit producing a non-porous, inert glass surface that is naturally non-stick. Porcelain can chip if dropped, however this does not reduce the effectiveness of the cookware. There are no PTFE’s, PFOA’s or any other chemicals to change the taste, color or nutritional value of the food.
Rack holds 7 one-quart jars.
Compare with similar items
Granite Ware Covered Preserving Canner with Rack, 12-Quart
Granite Ware 34-Quart Stock Pot, Black
Granite Ware Stock Pot, 15.5-Quart
Granite Ware Blancher, 7.5-Quart
Cook N Home 20 Quart Stainless Steel Stockpot and Canning Pot with Lid
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||14 x 16 x 10 in||12.8 x 12.8 x 20 in||17 x 16 x 13 in||11.56 x 14 x 10.5 in||9.63 x 10.94 x 9.25 in||13 x 17.5 x 9 in|
|Item Weight||3.8 lbs||0.6 lb||6 lbs||3.6 lbs||—||7.5 lbs|
|Size||21.5 quarts||11.5 qt||34 quarts||15.5 quarts||7 quarts||20-Qt|
Columbian Home Products
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I guess it's fine if you literally use it to just boil water that won't come into contact with food.
The pictures are taken immediately after dumping the beer with no cleaning or interference from me.
I've also used it for boiling corn. We have a big family and I can fit a dozen ears of corn in there with room to spare.
If you're looking for a basic canner you can't go wrong with this one.